Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legit Bot Bust or a Jagex Conspiracy?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    If Jagex say something, It must be right. If Jagex do something, it must be right. If Jagex removed trade and wilderness, It was 100% right and didn't effect their business at all in a negative way. Jagex doesn't make mistakes, you do. Jagex is the epitome of good decision making and they never get anything wrong. IDK why you would even doubt Jagex man. To doubt Jagex would be to doubt yourself. Since their release in 2001 they have made exactly 0 bad decisions. This statement is 100% correct.
    Hahaha yes!!!!!

Still feel some bad vibes from the removal of free trade and the wilderness way back when....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Very unlikely that it'd be faked, banning people with ridiculous amounts of wealth isn't exactly a deterrent to botting.
    It is a deterrent for people who haven't botted before or those who have just started and are feeling guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    It's funny. I made a post with these points on a thread about the bust on Reddit and got bombarded with down votes from Jagex fan boys.

They'll believe anything Jagex says, even if valid evidence is out right I front of their noses.
    Lol it's like this all over reddit. They should just change the buttons to mean like and dislike.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suisyola View Post
    It is a deterrent for people who haven't botted before or those who have just started and are feeling guilty.
    http://i.imgur.com/Ti1UVII.png
    Are you personally deterred by the thought of somebody succesfully botting to 9b and then getting banned for it all due to being dumb enough to keep it all on the account?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Are you personally deterred by the thought of somebody succesfully botting to 9b and then getting banned for it all due to being dumb enough to keep it all on the account?
    Well I sure didn't consider how people saying, "This guy did it wrong, I know how to do it right" would in turn lead newbies to approach with omg he had 9b and was doing it wrong. Tell me how to bot right! lol. Damn. Perhaps the only benefit this bot busting does for RS is to appease the anti-botting crowd. Maybe seeing these big boy accts actually makes players without botting experience drool and want to bot.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Who says he kept it all on one bot? i know people who run 10 or so bots making 2-3b a month, Surely there are gold farmers who run 100's of accounts. Making an account / getting reqs is a fucking pain. So getting banned is for sure a deterrent. You feel like you've wasted your time to set up those bots. Even if you botted the reqs. You still wasted time.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suisyola View Post
    Maybe seeing these big boy accts actually makes players without botting experience drool and want to bot.
    Yeah, definitely possible for that to happen & kinda the point I'm trying to make.
    Making an account / getting reqs is a fucking pain. So getting banned is for sure a deterrent. You feel like you've wasted your time to set up those bots. Even if you botted the reqs. You still wasted time.
    Getting banned absolutely is a deterrent for the person being banned (and their friends too, depending on gains relative to effort before being banned), no doubt.
    Who says he kept it all on one bot?
    Who says that the person kept all 9b on that one account? Jagex, when they banned it and showed 9b+ in the wealth evaluator (I said all 9b, not all of his money [his being the real/fake person behind the account])

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Who says that the person kept all 9b on that one account? Jagex, when they banned it and showed 9b+ in the wealth evaluator (I said all 9b, not all of his money [his being the real/fake person behind the account])
    The point behind my comment was that there is a possibility that he could of had a few more accounts, and potentially could of made that 9b back easily. He looked like a Herb bot to me. They make a shittonne of money atm. Even so, gold farmers have a backups.

Whatever the case, we can't really pinpoint Jagexs' reasoning behind banning fake accounts.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    296 Post(s)

Whatever the case, we can't really pinpoint Jagexs' reasoning behind banning fake accounts.
    Ratings/views. How many people shared/spread that video, "OMFG, look, Jagex pwned a botter for 9B. GG bots! Can't wait until the next bust!"

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Obscurity View Post
    Ratings/views. How many people shared/spread that video, "OMFG, look, Jagex pwned a botter for 9B. GG bots! Can't wait until the next bust!"
    How many times it was shared / viewed sure. That much is obvious. Throw anything on media and you want it to get a lot of likes / reviews. More so asking whether it was there to also act as a deterrent or not. We can't pinpoint that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I think its all fake, just like all this botany bay stuff that kept everyone quiet and happy for like a week, seriously have you even seen one of those "this person is botting" pointing claw things in the last few years? (unless they where removed and i'm mistaken, i take a lot of breaks)
    I tried real life once, the graphics where great but the storyline was terrible.

What do these tags do?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information