Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Wink Gorse

GORSE

My first photoshop project.

http://i.imgur.com/Fu6BDmw.jpg

I took the head from a goose, and the body of a horse from two different pictures.
    I know there are lines around the head, I just need a method on erasing that without making hair look messed up.
    That neck though, 100% me.
    I think it looks sweet.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

nightmare fuel, nice.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    61 Post(s)

I mean, I don't pop on here as much as I'd like too, but this section is my jam. :P

Anyway!

I take it you mean the black lines around the beak and the white lines around the legs of the horse, I have two suggestions:

1. To zoom in as far as you can and either use the Pen/Polygonal Lasso tool to mark around the line and clear it that way.
    2. To change the eraser opacity to something like 20% and just softly erase away with a 10/20px brush to try and soften the appearance of the lines.

If you would like (assuming that you saved a PSD) I could try show you an example of each, as it's a bit difficult to do with the nebula in the background ^^

As for the image as a whole, the head merges well with the horse, good sense of depth. The neck looks okay, it does seem a bit choppy just where it connects to the body in the dark patch, the light patch is decent though, could maybe soften it a little bit or blur the goose feathers?

Lastly, lose that ugly ass nebula I get the idea that it would look cool but imagine putting that image in just a stock field alongside some other animals. Maybe that's just my personal opinion but meh!

Overall for a first piece that is pretty incredible, it's a nice (maybe nice isn't the right word as it's scary as...) concept and it's much better than anything I could do when I first started out! Good job
    Looking for cheap games? Kinguin has what you need!

Teamwork Tutorial - Akuma Tutorial
    Don't give up, reward is just around the corner.

Thread Information