Thread: Banned 17 days after starting to bot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Default Banned 17 days after starting to bot

I joined this forum March 5th of this year, that is pretty much the same time I started to use Simba/SMART. The main skills that I used scripts for were agility and fishing, also botting no more then 7 hours a day but also playing the account throughout the day, so I could see how the longer online times could be a factor.

Haven't been banned before on my account and the offence was Macoring Major, being a permanent ban. This was my main account but was nothing special, 82 cb 2M cash, so I don't see it as a tough loss.
    Last edited by strainhunter; 03-22-2016 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strainhunter View Post
    I joined this forum March 5th of this year, that is pretty much the same time I started to use Simba/SMART. The main skills that I used scripts for were agility and fishing, also botting no more then 7 hours a day but also playing the account throughout the day, so I could see how the longer online times could be a factor.

Haven't been banned before on my account before and the offence was Macoring Major, being a permanent ban. This was my main account but was nothing special, 82 cb 2M cash, so I don't see it as a tough loss.
    OSRS or rs3?
    https://villavu.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=147422&dateline=14358  53409

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wyd View Post
    osrs or rs3?
    osrs

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quoted
    217 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strainhunter View Post
    osrs
    I be gold farming the hell out of it. 40 OSRS acc's making 100m-140m a day, Not be ban yet.
    https://villavu.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=147422&dateline=14358  53409

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Really sucks to hear, I'm surprised they got you so fast. I definitely recommend learning to script yourself if you are planning on getting back into the game though.

From what I have collected through my own trials, it seems that ban rates are heavily influenced by the amount of people who run the script. For instance, if you pull a script straight out of the public section and hit run, you will be banned much faster than if you had written it yourself. My explanation for this is obviously just that people who are much less cautious than you do the same, get banned, and give Jagex data about what to expect.

Another thing to watch out for is repetitiveness in your script. I personally record myself doing whatever activity I want to bot for a few hours, then try to recreate that as best I can, while adding in rather small chances to do something I might do while bored, such as examine a random object.

Then I baby-sit the script for a few hours, making sure it is doing what it is supposed to be doing. After all that, I let it run, but change the wait time ranges and antiban chances every few days. It is a bit of a long process, but in the end it is better to be cautious than to be banned, right?

*Disclaimer: everything written above is from my own personal experience. I also only play rs3, so some or maybe even all points at be irrelevant to 07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hanar View Post
    Really sucks to hear, I'm surprised they got you so fast. I definitely recommend learning to script yourself if you are planning on getting back into the game though.

From what I have collected through my own trials, it seems that ban rates are heavily influenced by the amount of people who run the script. For instance, if you pull a script straight out of the public section and hit run, you will be banned much faster than if you had written it yourself. My explanation for this is obviously just that people who are much less cautious than you do the same, get banned, and give Jagex data about what to expect.

Another thing to watch out for is repetitiveness in your script. I personally record myself doing whatever activity I want to bot for a few hours, then try to recreate that as best I can, while adding in rather small chances to do something I might do while bored, such as examine a random object.

Then I baby-sit the script for a few hours, making sure it is doing what it is supposed to be doing. After all that, I let it run, but change the wait time ranges and antiban chances every few days. It is a bit of a long process, but in the end it is better to be cautious than to be banned, right?

*Disclaimer: everything written above is from my own personal experience. I also only play rs3, so some or maybe even all points at be irrelevant to 07.
    That's one thing I did do, take the scripts from the public area. I think your points definetly do apply to 07 as well. Learning to script is something I really want to do but just haven't had much time, I will try to slowly learn tho.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WYD View Post
    I be gold farming the hell out of it. 40 OSRS acc's making 100m-140m a day, Not be ban yet.
    How do you even run 40 accounts at the same time?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Sucks to hear how someone is massive gold farming here. #sad @hoodz
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onilika View Post
    Sucks to hear how someone is massive gold farming here. #sad @hoodz
    umh why the mention?

Mentioned
    111 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1475 Post(s)

@hoodz;

Creds to DannyRS for this wonderful sig!

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

@hoodz;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

@hoodz;

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    umh why the mention?
    Hmm... Because.. #banWYD @hoodz
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

at-hewds;

ot: weird that it was a perm first time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

ewww man bad luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

theres always the next time part of the risk you take

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got banned OSRS recently, they catch so easily on that. I bot on RS3 all the time no ban

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Damn sucks man I got banned also

Thread Information