Thread: Mouse virtualization?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Default Mouse virtualization?

Hello, I have been working on a very simple osrs color bot in java. So far, I have managed to get it to load the game and am able to find colors located on the applet/game. However, I am sort of stuck with making a "fake" mouse for the bot. Java had a Robot class, however this uses the actual mouse and keyboard which is something I do not want. Basically, my question is how do bots make a virtual mouse? Do they just send keyevents to the client?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    227 Post(s)

@hoodz; is working on an OSRS Java colour bot and he has a progress thread somewhere on the forums. I'm sure if you send him a picture of an alpaca he'll help.
    Scripting with ogLib

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    229 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Hello, I have been working on a very simple osrs color bot in java. So far, I have managed to get it to load the game and am able to find colors located on the applet/game. However, I am sort of stuck with making a "fake" mouse for the bot. Java had a Robot class, however this uses the actual mouse and keyboard which is something I do not want. Basically, my question is how do bots make a virtual mouse? Do they just send keyevents to the client?
    I believe you could view the SMART git
    Tsunami

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by srlMW View Post
    @hoodz; is working on an OSRS Java colour bot and he has a progress thread somewhere on the forums. I'm sure if you send him a picture of an alpaca he'll help.
    Hmm, I'll have to send him an alpaca than :P.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidity View Post
    I believe you could view the SMART git
    I was under the impression or though SMART was just a sandboxed runescape client. What I am trying to do is make mouse events on a java applet. I have already loaded the game, thanks for the idea though maybe SMART will have some useful code to check out for this project though.

Isn't that just listening for key events? I am currently looking for a way to send mouse/key events to the applet/client.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Hmm, I'll have to send him an alpaca than :P.

I was under the impression or though SMART was just a sandboxed runescape client. What I am trying to do is make mouse events on a java applet. I have already loaded the game, thanks for the idea though maybe SMART will have some useful code to check out for this project though.

Isn't that just listening for key events? I am currently looking for a way to send mouse/key events to the applet/client.
    Gist of the answer - you have to create your own listener(or grab the client's), and then you send generated events to that listener. Googling for creating key/mouse events will answer the rest of that question.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    24 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    Gist of the answer - you have to create your own listener(or grab the client's), and then you send generated events to that listener. Googling for creating key/mouse events will answer the rest of that question.
    Ahh, that seems easy enough. Thanks for clearing that up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Great Thanks to solve this issue

Thread Information