Thread: An in progress first script.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Default An in progress first script.

I've decided to remove it, read below as for the reasoning behind it. probably won't do much justice.
    Although if anyone is willing to help me, with learning a few things, such as checking if a door is opened or closed, and interacting with NPCs, like buying things. it'd be much appreciated. Since I don't know a whole lot.
    Last edited by hyperoux; 04-07-2016 at 07:06 AM. Reason: Reasons

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

let me be the first to say.

posting this finished / in progress script is a very very bad idea.

This script can make anywhere from 1-20m/hour.
    depending on how fast you want to crash the economy .

it's purely a gold-farming script

best keep it to yourself.
    cats out the bag I guess >:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    let me be the first to say.

posting this finished / in progress script is a very very bad idea.

This script can make anywhere from 1-20m/hour.
    depending on how fast you want to crash the economy .

it's purely a gold-farming script

best keep it to yourself.
    well, that's true. I just don't know how else I could've gotten help with the things I needed. because either way I would've had to have shown it so the people/person trying to help could see how it was going to be applied. I have removed it, but that might not do a whole lot of justice, And yeah didn't really plan on releasing it.

Quote Originally Posted by omd70 View Post
    I think saying 1-20m/hr is a bit of an over-estimate, but yeah the method is known.
    I agree, since the prices of the items I'm using, are already crashing due to people already doing this. I've just decided to make this since I really don't feel like spending a lot of time a day doing it myself anymore.
    and quite frankly, the in progress of this, is probably far from complete. As for crashing the eco, people with these types of scripts, have already done that. because they're out there already.
    Last edited by hyperoux; 04-07-2016 at 06:57 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

I think saying 1-20m/hr is a bit of an over-estimate, but yeah the method is known.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

I don't think it's an SRL community thing to help out with pure gold-farming scripts, not quite sure on the unwritten rules though, but good luck! <:
    having the actual script working without breaking down is a lot harder than you would expect <:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I don't think it's an SRL community thing to help out with pure gold-farming scripts, not quite sure on the unwritten rules though, but good luck! <:
    having the actual script working without breaking down is a lot harder than you would expect <:
    eh, it wasn't really my intention to make a pure gold-farming script, but more of a challenge for myself, and with the added benefit of saving myself time, from what I'd be doing anyways. But I do see what you're saying, But I don't really understand why the community wouldn't want to help me learn parts of the language to achieve something, unless I'm misunderstanding?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Ehh just a bit of clarification before I go to bed I don't speak on behalf of anyone those opinions are just what I perceive to be

If there's something you don't understand feel free to ask
    However with the script your making you can find pretty much all the info via the beginners tutorial found in rs3 help section rest is just the logic to get the pieces together

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Ehh just a bit of clarification before I go to bed I don't speak on behalf of anyone those opinions are just what I perceive to be

If there's something you don't understand feel free to ask
    However with the script your making you can find pretty much all the info via the beginners tutorial found in rs3 help section rest is just the logic to get the pieces together
    Yeah I understand that, Although I think you're right with a few things, namely, releasing it, if I finish it, being a bad idea.
    and the beginners tutorial I've looked through and I couldn't find what I need help with, unless it hasn't appeared to me. I don't really know where else to look or ask to be honest.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    67 Post(s)

u post 20m/hr script and delete it
    how fkin rude
    im a retard

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

@hyperoux; first time I have seen people more worried about gold than helping out someone genuinely interested in scripting. Perhaps you may get help if you work on something a bit less money-oriented?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GRIM View Post
    u post 20m/hr script and delete it
    how fkin rude
    It would never reach that mark.

Quote Originally Posted by TSN View Post
    @hyperoux; first time I have seen people more worried about gold than helping out someone genuinely interested in scripting. Perhaps you may get help if you work on something a bit less money-oriented?
    Perhaps, But this 'money-oriented' script wasn't only thought of for that purpose, I thought of making the script because it goes beyond what like every first script ever is. A powerminer or what ever. I wouldn't finish it, because it'd bore me. This gave me motivation to finish. Despite what people think my intentions are, besides, people are already doing what I was going to.

TL;DR: I'm doing it anyways, don't care. I didn't want to make a boring powerminer, I wanted to create something better, that's actually worth the time.
    Last edited by hyperoux; 04-22-2016 at 09:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

PM'd.

Thread Information