Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runemate : Spectre

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Default Runemate : Spectre

https://www.runemate.com/community/t...-spectre.5028/

Been following this for a while now, it seems like it's finally going to come out soonTM. I'm personally looking forward to this, any thoughts on it?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

almost forgot i had $3.96 credit on that site, gave up after waiting so long for spectre :P not complaining though, hope they got the CPU usage down.

Not going to lie, just read the last few posts..

no accounts banned in 3 months sounds too good to be true without any logistics like how many / hours played.

I got banned after using RM after an overnight session around 6hrs so.. fingers crossed. !

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theholyone View Post
    no accounts banned in 3 months sounds too good to be true without any logistics like how many / hours played.
    Statistics*

But anyway. the entire writing in that actual post is just generic business advertising buzzword crap.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Ah yes, another "never before used" anti-detection technique that has been around for years in random dev's prototypes.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Past experience, general cynicism, and my own jackassery are all telling me this is crap.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    Statistics*

But anyway. the entire writing in that actual post is just generic business advertising buzzword crap.
    crap.. I knew I used the wrong word, was hoping nobody would have noticed <:

only thing that makes me believe they've made an improvement is the "closed beta" for scripters part of the speech, but then the 3 months no ban threw me off so i'm not sure what to believe in anymore.

too lazy to check but RM is mainly for RS3 is it not? I don't get how they are going to prevent bans when all I did was AFK on an account that logged in when it went to lobby, then if a colour appeared clicks on it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

True, after powerbot said they were going to make an "undetectable" bot and churned out another ban machine, I guess I shouldn't have much faith in this. I don't know why, but something in my soul just wants this to work :/

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Arbiter sure has his ways to make everything sound nice. That usually means the opposite though.
    Anyways I was impressed that it used the regular RuneScape client in the test video they provided. Will definetly be interesting to see how this turns out.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    Arbiter sure has his ways to make everything sound nice. That usually means the opposite though.
    Anyways I was impressed that it used the regular RuneScape client in the test video they provided. Will definetly be interesting to see how this turns out.
    Only thing is that nearly every bot can use the regular runescape client now. Only dream and epic can't/don't afaik
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Oh. Had no clue. Haven't used any bot besides simba in a very long time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

It appears the hottest meme in the bot client community is using the official client and doing some cross-jvm shenanigans. It's a good idea for client detection but it doesn't solve the issue that scripts cause identical playing patterns.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

True. Arbiter took up that subject with the words "process flow". A not so good bot is usually made in the sense of DO#1 -> DO#2 -> DO#3 -> DO#4, instead of many sub options to go with. How Arbiter will manage to deliver that in a general way, without every script having to focus on it will be interesting to see though.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    True. Arbiter took up that subject with the words "process flow". A not so good bot is usually made in the sense of DO#1 -> DO#2 -> DO#3 -> DO#4, instead of many sub options to go with. How Arbiter will manage to deliver that in a general way, without every script having to focus on it will be interesting to see though.
    "Process flow" sounds like a fancy name for FSM-based scripts.

EVERY script is comprised of a series of steps: 1, 2, 3, 4
    The fact that some of them happen to have a meta-step that decides what the next step should be, doesn't necessarily make them better than classic loop-based scripts
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Clouse™

It's a system that uses saved random actions such as mousepaths, ways of interacting, etc, to create a unique way how actions are handled in a bot. I'm no expert but that's about how it works. With that, and have Spectre use the official client, banrates are 0%.

Privileged as bot author for RM, I had the opportunity to alpha (and now beta) test it and from personal experience I can say this is one of the biggest steps forward in automation software development.

No doubt Jagex is going to counter attack, but I'm very interested to see what they come up with.

If you have any specific questions, shoot. Either PM or here is fine.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RTFM View Post
    Clouse™

It's a system that uses saved random actions such as mousepaths, ways of interacting, etc, to create a unique way how actions are handled in a bot. I'm no expert but that's about how it works. With that, and have Spectre use the official client, banrates are 0%.

Privileged as bot author for RM, I had the opportunity to alpha (and now beta) test it and from personal experience I can say this is one of the biggest steps forward in automation software development.

No doubt Jagex is going to counter attack, but I'm very interested to see what they come up with.

If you have any specific questions, shoot. Either PM or here is fine.
    And... What is the confidence level on that 0%? I can claim that 100% of all men are shorter than 2ft tall if i make my confidence level 0%. Your number is useless without the data behind it. And on top of that, anyone who really knows statistics knows that a small population (that of an alpha and closed beta) is not indicative of a normal/full sized population.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

I didn't even know Arbiter was still alive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    And... What is the confidence level on that 0%? I can claim that 100% of all men are shorter than 2ft tall if i make my confidence level 0%. Your number is useless without the data behind it. And on top of that, anyone who really knows statistics knows that a small population (that of an alpha and closed beta) is not indicative of a normal/full sized population.
    I feel the salt from miles away.

The statistics I used for that 0 percent is personal experience, and reports from other bot authors that had access to alpha and beta. No one reported any bans whatsoever. RM used to be like 50% instaban, compared to Spectre, the number went to 0%. The 50% is personal experience, about half of my accounts would not survive tutorial island.

Is that enough "data" for you?

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

I feel the salt from miles away.

The statistics I used for that 0 percent is personal experience, and reports from other bot authors that had access to alpha and beta. No one reported any bans whatsoever. RM used to be like 50% instaban, compared to Spectre, the number went to 0%. The 50% is personal experience, about half of my accounts would not survive tutorial island.

Is that enough "data" for you?
    no salt, only looking to educate everyone and ensure the truth is out there.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

A simple alpha/beta test with no more than a few dozen testers isn't enough to determine the banrate.
    I can claim that my scripts for simba are 100% banproof, because only few people get to use my scripts. The reason noone has been banned with my scripts in the past ½ year or so is not because they are so well made, but because so few use them.

And also, for pete's sake stop using the word salt in that manner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

I find it funny when people pull percentages out of their butt and claim they know what the banrate is.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maven View Post
    I find it funny when people pull percentages out of their butt and claim they know what the banrate is.
    banrate of pumba is for 0% (me and my friend are the only one who used it)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I'm not saying I can guarantee everyone that their accounts won't be banned. My personal experience is that banrate went down from 50% to 0% when creating new accounts and use those to bot on.

For those who didn't get the message: THIS IS PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

3vague5me

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

I'm not saying I can guarantee everyone that their accounts won't be banned. My personal experience is that banrate went down from 50% to 0% when creating new accounts and use those to bot on.

For those who didn't get the message: THIS IS PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!!!
    We get it, your personal ban-rate is 0%. But that's not what you said in your first post when you claimed that the ban-rate of RM:S is 0% based on developer testing.

Quick note too, Simba has had a 0% ban rate in tutorial island for years... not sure what the accomplishment is there.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information