Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permanent Ban, did ban stem from client detection?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Okea View Post
    I think this is a valid point. I read on reddit all the time people calling for all the bots to be banned, now I do agree that there are far too many farming bots but the economy for the people complaining would be extremely expensive if they didn't exist.
    Right now on W393, there are about ~150 bots at the Lumbridge fishing spot, with each account being a random string of letters and numbers.

Yet the mods would rather white knight female streamers than deal with the F2P bots

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quoted
    495 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidity View Post
    but isn't efficiency what we're all suppose to be about and not to waste time?
    m8, you're talking about a community centred around botting an online video game, everything here but learning the basics of programming is a waste of time, lol.
    Last edited by Incurable; 05-17-2016 at 09:42 AM.

New to scripting? Procedures & Functions for Beginners
    Do you use your computer at night? Just get f.lux

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dissimulo View Post
    Right now on W393, there are about ~150 bots at the Lumbridge fishing spot, with each account being a random string of letters and numbers.

Yet the mods would rather white knight female streamers than deal with the F2P bots
    Yeah it is ridiculous, I do wonder how many of those they ban and they just come straight back. The resources required to ban them constantly are probably to high until they come up with a better solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Incurable View Post
    m8, you're talking about a community centred around botting an online video game, everything here but learning the basics of programming is a waste of time, lol.
    Hey! we enjoy wasting our time.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Okea View Post
    Hey! we enjoy wasting our time.
    We waste some time initially to save us time in the long run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    We waste some time initially to save us time in the long run.
    You're right. A hell of a lot of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ahh crap, I knew I shouldn't of botted on one of my higher valued accounts. Already had one 3 day ban last year, oh well, maybe that'll give me incentive to quit for good and more time to focus on more important things. Botted yesterday, ~ 8hr alch session with around 8 breaks. 8k casts done. Time to lay low and pray for no banhammer.
    Time is just an illusion, we are all dying from the disease of age.
    When in doubt, please go here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maven View Post
    They check if the client was modified. They collect data on garbage collection frequency. They check OS version. They probably do some other stuff but that's all I know of.

They check if the client was modified to try to detect injection bots. However, the bot can just change this function to return the correct data of an unmodified client.
    Garbage collection frequency can be spoofed or you could use cross-jvm reflection or something similar so the bot doesn't increase the gc rate.
    OS version can be spoofed using injection so they can't tell you are running the game on a vps.
    Does Simba/SMART prevent OS version from being checked?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Senbonzakura View Post
    Does Simba/SMART prevent OS version from being checked?
    There's a global variable that you can change:

Simba Code:
    SmartUserAgent: String := 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0'
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anth_ View Post
    There's a global variable that you can change:

Simba Code:
    SmartUserAgent: String := 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:33.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/33.0'
    That's just the user agent for downloading the jar afaik and you should not change that to reflect another OS since if they use System.getProperty("os.name") and it doesn't match the user agent I'm quite sure it will raise red flags.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    176 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    That's just the user agent for downloading the jar afaik and you should not change that to reflect another OS since if they use System.getProperty("os.name") and it doesn't match the user agent I'm quite sure it will raise red flags.
    Ah, useful to know! I wonder if Jagex did, what would running simba in WINE show up as (Most likely windows)?
    Yer a wizard, 'oopi

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anth_ View Post
    Ah, useful to know! I wonder if Jagex did, what would running simba in WINE show up as (Most likely windows)?
    You select it in the wine setup screen, I think it defaults to windows xp. Wine doesn't add anything extra since software which uses the OS version for functionality would break although the wine devs might have added something extra somewhere so devs can see if their program is been run in wine (So they can tell if a linux port is worth while or something)
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1337w33d View Post
    Ahh crap, I knew I shouldn't of botted on one of my higher valued accounts. Already had one 3 day ban last year, oh well, maybe that'll give me incentive to quit for good and more time to focus on more important things. Botted yesterday, ~ 8hr alch session with around 8 breaks. 8k casts done. Time to lay low and pray for no banhammer.
    Well haven't had a ban yet, so woohoo
    Time is just an illusion, we are all dying from the disease of age.
    When in doubt, please go here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 1337w33d View Post
    Well haven't had a ban yet, so woohoo
    be careful, somewhere around here I read they log in your cache, so if you get banned with 1 account the other ones are flagged as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

watch ur ip incase of perm ban?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information