Thread: Illegitimate ban. Ahh

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Default Illegitimate ban. Ahh

Used to be an active member here, then life caught up with me. Haven't used any scripts or bots in years(since 2011/12?)

Played RS a few months ago, just making money for summoning killing those things in the cave that provide 200k-800k worth drops in fragments or something. I forget.

Go to log in this morning, renew my membership and play some, and I can't log in. Banned... WTH? Look in my account center and it says I was banned through botbusting. I assume some mod ran by and I wasn't talking and just standing around kind of sometimes killing NPCs inefficiently, and assumed I was botting.

TLDR; Jagex banned me for legitimate fair gameplay, bring on the hard core macroing. Getting a VPN set up in a virtual machine so I can use it to contribute here again, without disclosing my IP to Jagex.

RIP Jagex, haha. Their customer support is terrible, I still haven't figured out how to appeal as well
    My scripts: LunarPlanker
    ---
    My Utilities: Cross Platform, Open Source, SPS Path Generator

Join the Unoficial SRL Skype Group by clicking here, or visiting this thread.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Reddit will be your friend here. Find a way to somehow proove that you didn't bot, then make a public announcement and shame jagex for it. If you're lucky enough you'll get noticed. Was a while back when I read about some kid trying runescape out for the first time, he got banned within a day a day and jagex blamed it on inexperienced moderators.

Since this was a manual ban they might review it.

It could also have been a delayed ban back from the golden ages, they tend to do this with people who've been caught and then as soon as they pull out their credit card get banned. Happened to my IRL friend a while back.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Question is how do I prove that?
    I don't have recordings of my interactions with RuneScape.

Any thoughts definitely appreciated, I would like to restore that account, or at least find some way to communicate with Jagex. They make that process ridiculously difficult.
    ---

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

Most likely you were caught before you played and you just got delay banned.

you could "get banned" without knowing and log out just fine for 5 years, log in and get the hammer

unless you were a level 3 or default bot-geared, i think they said they actually take a look into the account to see if it was a legit bust or not

or maybe jagex was just being jagex and banning everyone but the big chinese gold farmers /o\

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I have been playing legitimately for two years at a minimum. And all the sudden I got banned...

An inexperienced mod would actually makes sense, however I have no chance to speak to jagex because they don't offer a phone line or email support or any way to contact them or any way to make an appeal.

Somewhat very ridiculous. Curious how those gold farmers do it anyway...
    ---

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    206 Post(s)

im 90% sure the big chinese gold farmers have contracts or some sort of agreement with Jagex, because it's literally impossible to bot like them.

they bot 24/7 in obvious spots, obvious gears and never get banned no matter how much attention is brought to them .
    At most they get banned after 3 more can replace them or their bond is about to run out

Don't think its possible to appeal for anything in RS3

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

First thing I would do is throw Mod Weath or the guy who's in charge for banning bots on RS3 (Mod Beno or something like that) a tweet and say your ban is incorrect. Weath often double-checks and replies for OSRS related bans. If that doesn't work, I'd try reddit and be as convincing as you can be, otherwise it's insta-downvoted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    34 Post(s)

Yeah, try to make an appeal on reddit, strong evidence that you haven't played for years and just came back, thats a thing for others also to believe it maybe that you weren't botting(and checkable on jagex side).
    Everything is achievable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

wow, I hope you get your account back any updates?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Did you try the reddit route? Its worked for a few

Thread Information