Thread: Botting on main

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Default Botting on main

Would it be possible for me to bot like 3 hours max per day while babysitting the bot and have realistic breaks without getting banned?
    My account is quite vaulable and don't want to get banned on it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

I think a good amount of people here do this to some degree. Everyone will say not to bot on an account that you can't afford to lose, but it is often extremely low risk to use a well written script for short periods of time while babysitting it.

Granted, if you are botting, there is always a chance of being banned. No matter how small.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quoted
    226 Post(s)

No one will guarantee that you wont get banned! I have botted on my main for days at a time, and hes still going strong. I know however, that at any moment the ban hammer can drop!

You can always bot on your main, but you have to know that there are risks involved. Best advice I can give you is to avoid gold farming, and bot with it as you would be playing, and legit every once in a while! This is by no means tho a guarantee that you wont get banned!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fady View Post
    No one will guarantee that you wont get banned! I have botted on my main for days at a time, and hes still going strong. I know however, that at any moment the ban hammer can drop!

You can always bot on your main, but you have to know that there are risks involved. Best advice I can give you is to avoid gold farming, and bot with it as you would be playing, and legit every once in a while! This is by no means tho a guarantee that you wont get banned!
    Second this. Even if you haven't been banned instantly from botting, the next ban-wave could have your name in it so just always be wary and understand the risks involved.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

I'd highly recommend using color (aerolib) scripts with the browser version of RS, and not using SMART or any other 3rd party client. I've never experienced a ban using the browser.
    "To sleep, perchance to dream"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Never been banned on my mains on either RS3 or OSRS. RS3 main was maxed and OSRS is close to max.
    I only ever use the official client and only ever use my own color scripts.

I babysit any activities other players could potentially interfere with my scripts and make it obvious I'm a bot.
    For things like fletching next to a bank booth I'm a lot more comfortable leaving it running for a few hours before checking on it again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

What i've accomplished using simba so far
    99 div
    109 invention
    99-75m fire making xp using my max guild bonfire
    850k livid farm points
    19m-50m fish xp (while doing invention)
    It's an ex comp acc , only req left are 120 invention and a few quests
    i bot around 10-12 hrs a day

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

osrs vs rs3 have different ban rates..

I can't even skill on any account osrs atm; think my IP/MAC address has been flagged. Otherwise maybe i am botting in a high risk area and should mix it up.

Use the search button on the top left. Maybe bot an alt until your comfortable with the script.

<------------------>

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by honeyhoney View Post
    I only ever use the official client and only ever use my own color scripts.
    Don't happen to have any color agility scripts laying around, do ya?
    "To sleep, perchance to dream"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    86 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vusn View Post
    Don't happen to have any color agility scripts laying around, do ya?
    I'm currently working on the Seers course at the moment. I'm having trouble with climbing the wall by the side of the bank (the start of the course... lol) but everything else is fairly reliable. It's not a script I would ever run without babysitting though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

I feel you. I am also very cautious while botting on my main. Out of experience I can tell you that it's pretty safe if you:

- aren't goldfarming
    - use the same IP on every log-in if your ISP allows it (e.g. dont play from school) (not sure about this one)
    - aren't leaving your account alone, babysit it (unless you're really sure, fletching for example)
    - are botting on scheduled times (normal people cant play at 5 AM they play in their free time, after work or school) e.g. if you never play legit in the morning, dont bot in the morning.
    - aren't botting more than ~ 8 hours a day
    - are using aerolib color scripts (or just color scripts in general)
    - aren't training more than two accounts at the same time (goldfarmer flag)
    - aren't bragging about stats, both offline and online (friends can report you)
    - use well written scripts, no static coords
    - have a good implemented anti-ban in your scripts
    - play legit from time to time, do some different activities

Anecdotal, but I can talk out of experience. Haven't seen any ban on OS yet since I started playing around release.

Stay safe !
    Home sweet home.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

^this, and cant be in a clan. cant have guys pm'ing you. always babysit. accept if you are bankstanding training superheat with lots of other people

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Tried a mainstream reflection bot and got banned for just using the client, no script involved.
    Alas i have never had a problem with simba and i don't even know why i decided to stray and use that client.
    I tried real life once, the graphics where great but the storyline was terrible.

What do these tags do?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    85 Post(s)

i usually have my bot running when i am using computer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I've been running a main with 2.5k+ total for minimum 12 hours a day now for 2 weeks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I'm botting my main 100% on osrs for 3 days 10~12 hours a day and still not banned. Don't use public scripts because jagex can get a lot of data on them and detect the patterns easily. Also don't bot obvious bot locations (varrock oaks/irons etc) because they may check those areas and sweep out the bots there.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

I think my IP is flagged, every account I use got banned.

Even my RS3 accounts I had bots running on 24/7 suddenly got banned when I played OSRS (they were the same accounts)

I think I will need to go on to aerolib scripts, but most scripts here are smart?

Thanks in advance
    Comeback once again and not planning on leaving

scripts written: [5]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just don't use 3rd party clients

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

I've never risked botting on my main however, If the script is good and you don't run it too long chances are pretty slim.
    it seems sudden major increases in time played per day are red flags and I have heard cases of players getting banned just for playing much longer than usual without botting.
    not sure how true that is but in any case it's your decision and it's always a risk even if you bot for 1 minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by westkevin12 View Post
    I've never risked botting on my main however, If the script is good and you don't run it too long chances are pretty slim.
    it seems sudden major increases in time played per day are red flags and I have heard cases of players getting banned just for playing much longer than usual without botting.
    not sure how true that is but in any case it's your decision and it's always a risk even if you bot for 1 minute.
    "Use only good scripts" is kind of a cliche thing everyone says, so what exactly constitutes a good script? Obviously static coordinates are bad, and having antibans is always helpful, but things like mouse movement which would theoretically make a script better is thought of now as not even being a factor.

Thread Information