Thread: Monthly reminder about jr member reqs

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Default Monthly reminder about jr member reqs

http://i.imgur.com/q9PV9m2.png

Even when it doesn't result in obvious spam like that ^ (which mods deal with and the only real problem with is that "latest posts" gets destroyed for a little bit) it still taints the perceived genuineness of posts by most people with less than 30 pc, atleast for me (which is kinda important, for me, in this specific community).
    Would love it if something like requiring receiving +1 positive rep was the requirement for jr. member instead, if possible.
    xoxo

e: you're too kind @Citrus;
    Last edited by acow; 07-08-2016 at 01:40 AM.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

I agree with you @acow;. Seeing this Is awe full.

Would love it if something like this or similar was added
    requiring receiving +1 positive rep was the requirement for jr. member instead, if possible. Yeah
    Yeah this would make the Jr. Member rank a bit 'higher up' in the SRL. At the moment the rank 'Jr. member' is similar to a public rank with the only requirement is to spam posts, at least that's what some do. I think more people would release scripts in the Jr. section if this was changed. Scripts would also not be leaked as often due to the requirements.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Make sure to checkout this awesome thinggy too. Great alternative to wasting resources "securing" the bitcoin network.
    https://boinc.tacc.utexas.edu/team_d....php?teamid=28

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1014 Post(s)

While I was never part of the discussions for this, I am aware of the why at least - we used to even have Junior Membership require 300 posts as well (that's how I got it even). The problem is, people just spam even more to get to the new even higher goal. And rep... well it's not used too often, and when it does result in something like that, it simply encourages rep trading.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

From receiving reputation for posts I made, I don't think it's a bad idea to change the post count threshold to a reputation threshold. Maybe community volunteers could give the rank out based on valuable posts/threads/contributions.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    I thought rep was anonymous?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lemon star View Post
    Yeah this would make the Jr. Member rank a bit 'higher up' in the SRL.
    Not really my intention of the possible alternative I suggested, I think jr member being a relatively public rank (put in a little bit of effort and ayyy welcome, feel special) as it is now is good. I'd personally just like to not be ending up trying to figure out if each person with less than 30 who posted simply did it to gain postcount. Anything that helps with that would be great, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    While I was never part of the discussions for this, I am aware of the why at least - we used to even have Junior Membership require 300 posts as well (that's how I got it even). The problem is, people just spam even more to get to the new even higher goal. And rep... well it's not used too often, and when it does result in something like that, it simply encourages rep trading.
    Ah, I'd like to think that keeping it at a relatively low barrier of entry (e.g just +1 [green] rep from somebody) would stop that from occuring but eh what do I know, I do yield to your guys' seniorness on this subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    You were the first and only person to have viewed the thread at that time.
    Last edited by acow; 07-08-2016 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    He hired a PI to find out who repped him, won't say who

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

Pointless thread. This has been discussed a gazillion times in the past and nothing has changed, and nothing will ever change. The current admins just don't give a fu*k about the future of the forums, or its users. If we ever see the return of people like @Coh3n, @Hobbit, or @Sir R. M8gic1an then you may get what you wish for.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Laquisha View Post
    Pointless thread. This has been discussed a gazillion times in the past and nothing has changed, and nothing will ever change. The current admins just don't give a fu*k about the future of the forums, or its users. If we ever see the return of people like @Coh3n, @Hobbit, or @Sir R. M8gic1an then you may get what you wish for.
    It's ok, I learn some little new thing every time I make this thread. Like this time I learned that @Taric; is lurking

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Well, I'll be honest. That Jr Member section is tantalizing even if I don't know whats in there once I hit 30 post count.
    Nice thread, is this not a spam section?

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nito View Post
    Well, I'll be honest. That Jr Member section is tantalizing even if I don't know whats in there once I hit 30 post count.
    Nice thread, is this not a spam section?
    This is a spam section, I don't believe you gain post count for posts made here

So post away
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Oh :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Is it still spam if you actually get involved in the discussions instead of short replies but make like 10 posts an hour?

Thread Information