Thread: Fegex, bots, and their relation to sweatshops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Angry Fegex, bots, and their relation to sweatshops

I think. That's what I do. It's a blessing but a curse at the same time.

To my main point.

By cracking down so hard on automation, aren't Jagex (in)directly forcing goldfarmers to rely more on sweatshops (where possible,) therefor inducing one or more of the most heinous Runescape crimes?
    :/ It must be terrible being slaved and forced to play like that.

Also, if they were to allow automation for skills only (zero income) on main accounts only and strictly enforce one-per-person account restriction would that help eliminate the ss problem?

Another thought; would it be possible to just give bots/goldfarms their own worlds/servers? Like only utilize their (now obvious) detection systems on certain worlds with legit players, and give the bots their own with separate worlds on separate servers. Kind of like how DMM and LMS are, but keep the economy separate from the actual game so the bots could run forever with Jahgecks gathering data on them. After enough time they would have every scrap of data on automation and would be way ahead of the game. If subsequently developed in secret maybe one could create a completely un-macro able game. One that has zero repetitive tasks and would require a bot so huge it wouldn't be feasible. One so large and obfuscated it would not be possible for anyone to reverse engineer.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance. P.S. I'm a total noob at the moment. I can hardly script Club Penguin with AutoIt. I just really love engaging conversation and deep thought.

I know nothing but a lot about a little bit, and it's hard to know less than most.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BillSimmons View Post
    By cracking down so hard on automation, aren't Jagex (in)directly forcing goldfarmers to rely more on sweatshops (where possible,) therefor inducing one or more of the most heinous Runescape crimes?
    :/ It must be terrible being slaved and forced to play like that.
    That's quite the stretch...to try and justify botting as an offset to other forms of generating virtual wealth, and along the lines of what they used to justify bringing in bonds (which instantly had the opposite effect and revitalized goldfarming after the summer 2013 botbusting, among some other interesting things).
    Anyways regarding forced labor sweatshops goldfarming: They're a negligible portion of the blackmarket, and by negligible I mean so low that I doubt anybody here would be able to point out a single [genuine] current source of it.

The rest of your points are just way too unrealistic.
    Last edited by acow; 08-01-2016 at 02:32 AM.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Sweat shops? Your joking right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Can you send some of that my way dude?

Cheating will always exist in any video game. If you can get an advantage, and you think you won't be caught, why wouldn't you?

In the case of making a game 'non-repetitive', just look at the cheating in LoL, Dota 2 and CSGO. Even if Runescape had no 'grind', people would still try and hack/inject the client.

As for the sweatshop shit, that -may- still happen in games like Eve. But most likely if someone can afford a computer, they won't be trying to farm RS gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    That's quite the stretch...to try and justify botting as an offset to other forms of generating virtual wealth, and along the lines of what they used to justify bringing in bonds[/URL] (which instantly had the opposite effect and revitalized goldfarming after the summer 2013 botbusting, among some other interesting things).
    Anyways regarding forced labor sweatshops goldfarming: They're a negligible portion of the blackmarket, and by negligible I mean so low that I doubt anybody here would be able to point out a single [genuine] current source of it.

The rest of your points are just way too unrealistic.
    I see what you're saying now and I agree it's probably next to non-existent. I'm sure it happens though, there are some twisted individuals.

You're right man I was way out of it when I posted this thread. I had been up for nearly 48 hours and, shout out to Dissimulo down there, was stoned on some pretty good bud.

I have learned a lot pertaining to SRL though, over half of which was inside those 48 hours. I have no experience in coding whatsoever so it has been rough. But I've been able to get Simba and a few public scripts up and running.

I am trying my hand at my first script and will work with it until it is good enough to apply to members.

I still have a long way to go though. Thanks for the replies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    Sweat shops? Your joking right?
    I am now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dissimulo View Post
    Can you send some of that my way dude?

Cheating will always exist in any video game. If you can get an advantage, and you think you won't be caught, why wouldn't you?

In the case of making a game 'non-repetitive', just look at the cheating in LoL, Dota 2 and CSGO. Even if Runescape had no 'grind', people would still try and hack/inject the client.

As for the sweatshop shit, that -may- still happen in games like Eve. But most likely if someone can afford a computer, they won't be trying to farm RS gold.
    1: I acknowledge cheating and am a firm advocate of cheating for personal gain (in-game only)

2: I mean something different. Automation(botting) exists due to repetition (grinding.) Substitute the repetition for quality immersion and you completely eliminate all main bots from the source. That leaves only farmers to worry about in anti-bot measures. As far as those 3 games go they are all one big grind but their scope is immersive PvP which will never be possible or desirable to automate and are not at all comparable to Runescape.

3: What do you think a sweat shop is?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I am trying my hand at my first script and will work with it until it is good enough to apply to members.
    Good luck, I'd recommend that you start by posting a script that you want feedback on here: https://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=475
    And to then have a few public scripts that you've maintained for atleast a little bit, before applying for members, as they judge on more than just scripting ability.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Good luck, I'd recommend that you start by posting a script that you want feedback on here: https://villavu.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=475
    And to then have a few public scripts that you've maintained for atleast a little bit, before applying for members, as they judge on more than just scripting ability.
    Thanks man! I will do that, but what do you mean "maintained" and no what else do they judge? I want to be a functioning member of this community.
    Last edited by BillSimmons; 08-01-2016 at 10:45 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Thanks man! I will do that, but what do you mean "maintained" and no what else do they judge? I want to be a functioning member of this community.
    Maintained = The script shouldn't need to be moved to the "Outdated / Broken Scripts" section.

Doing this:
    I want to be a functioning member of this community.
    Is basically what they'll be looking for (along with some scripting ability ofcourse)
    More [detailed] info here: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74195

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

That is insane idea, I dont think it would work out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

In reference to what Kysucuky?
    I know nothing but a little bit about a lot and have forgotten more than you know (because I too much.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Would like some cheese with that wine?

Thread Information