Thread: More information regarding VARPS/ local player variables?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Default More information regarding VARPS/ local player variables?

I'm looking through the local player variables and I was wondering if anyone has done any work in regards to figuring out what all of the variables relate to?

I'd like to start work on a script-based client and would love to add farming timers among other things. I see all the features of OSbuddy and they are very straightforward and quite honestly not worth paying for when I can do it myself.

/rant

Much appreciated.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

You could attempt to deobfuscate the client, it's probably hard but a nice forum which will give you some guidelines is rs-h.
    Or alternatively if you find that too hard you could try to deobfuscate OSBuddy as I assume that would be less of a painful task.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

@Cov; found all the farming vars but they were removed from OSRS. OSBuddy just starts a timer from when you planted it now.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    49 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    You could attempt to deobfuscate the client, it's probably hard but a nice forum which will give you some guidelines is rs-h.
    Or alternatively if you find that too hard you could try to deobfuscate OSBuddy as I assume that would be less of a painful task.
    I was hoping I could dig up some information on someone who has already done an analysis of it. Unfortunate tbh, but I'll look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    @Cov; found all the farming vars but they were removed from OSRS. OSBuddy just starts a timer from when you planted it now.

Oh well, even so it would be nice to see what all the variables pertain to. Looks like this is gunna get dirty then, the hunt begins.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quoted
    183 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by One Kid View Post
    I was hoping I could dig up some information on someone who has already done an analysis of it. Unfortunate tbh, but I'll look into it.

Oh well, even so it would be nice to see what all the variables pertain to. Looks like this is gunna get dirty then, the hunt begins.
    They can't remove them? Has to be stored somewhere..

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fitta View Post
    They can't remove them? Has to be stored somewhere..
    It could very easily be stored on the server and only loaded into the client when the region containing the plants is loaded.
    *I have not looked into this at all, just giving a possibility*

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    It could very easily be stored on the server and only loaded into the client when the region containing the plants is loaded.
    *I have not looked into this at all, just giving a possibility*
    From what I've been told they've been totally been removed from the client so that the patch check spell (new diary reward to OSRS) isn't devalued by custom clients. They've been removing a lot of settings to stop custom clients from doing stuff/knowing stuff e.g the order pest control shields are going to go down.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    242 Post(s)

From what I've been told they've been totally been removed from the client so that the patch check spell (new diary reward to OSRS) isn't devalued by custom clients. They've been removing a lot of settings to stop custom clients from doing stuff/knowing stuff e.g the order pest control shields are going to go down.
    When I said loaded when region is, I mean the object itself not the setting data.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

I thought they just asked osbuddy to remove it? And then they added the spell so it would in fact be a 'third party client unfair advantage' or something.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    rs-h? could you give me a link?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tls View Post
    When I said loaded when region is, I mean the object itself not the setting data.
    You can walk into view where you see the default full weed patches before you walk closer and the correct plants are shown.

Quote Originally Posted by MariusK View Post
    rs-h? could you give me a link?
    https://rs-hacking.com/forum/

Thread Information