Thread: WT's cheating log, ten years after.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Default WT's cheating log, ten years after.

Some months ago I started scripting again, eager to find out what this new skill invention is all about. I thought you might like to hear my story.

I took an old character with 76 smithing and 90 magic I frequently used to superheat. At the time (four/five years ago) it was one of my many characters that took ores from my many miners. All other free to play skills where around 40-50 or so due to happy little runescape, except for crafting which was really low.

First I needed to make sure I'd get my divination up. This turned out to super easy since modern RS is completely pacified. No more randoms, no more paranoia, and SRL turned out to be in a better shape then ever before! Whisp catching was easy; easy to find, easy to drain (thanks to getItemAmount(tabBackpack.getSlotBox(1)) and the divination well is a supergreen huge blob on mainscreen. Moreover, the well and the whips are almost the same for all locations, and all within pretty close distance of each other, and minimap.findSymbol(..., MM_SYMBOL_DIVINATION, minimap.getBounds()) still works great! Once I got the algorhythms right, it was just a matter of placing my char from spot to spot, tweak a little and watch the levels rise. Within a week my char was divination 80.

Next on the list: crafting! I placed my char at port Port Phasmatys (with the furnace next to the bank), bought 100k uncut emeralds (that took me a couple of days due to capping), 20k gold bars and wrote a little emerald cutter. Next I wrote a phasmatys banker-crafter for emerald necklaces I would later use for making porters. Crafting took longer than expected, and to make sure my char wouldnt be banned I started experimenting with porters.
    I wrote simple gathering scripts using porters allowing me 560 resources in one run. For gold ores, I wrote a karamja gold miner/gatherer, for lobsters I wrote a karamja fishporter and for woodcutting I wrote a yew chopper/porter. Usually at the end of a long day of crafting I would place my char at one of these spots, with a inventory full of porters, and let'm grind for a couple of hours until I ran out of porters. My stack grew. With the obtained gold ores I got my smithing up to 80, and once crafting was done in two weeks... all was set for invention.

But since my poor character was only combat 48 or something and I needed a shitload of parts, I rewrote my old Moss Giant fighter. Well, I actually wrote it ground up, since so many things where changed. And with the newly unlocked invention skill, I dragged all loot in the invention pouch. Now that is a super neat feature! Thanks Jagex, what a great way to get rid of unwanted items! Once the moss Giants where too weak, I turned to Fire Giants. I bought myself guthan sets, augment the lot, autofight until level 10, and dissasemble...ad infinitum. Same is true for Rod-o-matics. I fish my invent full, grind the raw fish for organic parts until the rod is level 10. Also woodcutting with an augmented Dragon hatchet, and either dragging logs directly in the invention pouch or first turn them into bows provided enough simple, stave, flexible etc parts to keep my pouch up. And thanks to the divination script, whisps for divine charges where no problem too.

BTW: I also wrote some simple bank manipulation scripts; withdraw-click-blue button-wait til done-bank- ad infinitum... withdraw 14-14-use-bank, etc...) bankscreen.open(BANK_NPC_BLUE) is 110% flawless! Great work guys!) This got my herblore up to 60, my fletching up to 80 and helped getting my crafting up as well.

So this is where I am currently at. All in all, my char has been member for five month now, and in that time, I got my smithing, crafting, divination, combat at-str-def and invention all well over 85. Combat level of my char is now 116, I have lots of components, though I sometimes still need to buy battlestaffs and claws for strong and swift for augmentors and rod-o-matics. Guthan I buy using rs cash of which I still have plenty , since invention is a real moneydrain. But that was to be expected.

I will continue this until fed up. It will probably end with an Invention cape,lol.

I dont use the smart client, I simply lock up an old laptop and use the oldschool bitmap method with the standard client. At my work (audio post production studio) I have a spare machine in the pantry that customers frequently stare at asking what the hell is going on there. I tell them they are my tamagotchi's . They know I am creative and crazy...and they love it. Once and a while there is this sparks of recognition:" Heeey, isnt that runescape? How do you do that?" I give m our adress

So, so far so good. I still have the cautious approach; I regularly stare at the machine, tweak a little here and there, and never ever let it overnight. I still monitor for the presence of legits, and sometimes answer using the old autoresponder, but I keep this to a minimum. I monitor my activity and if it falls low, I simply stop the script and let the char idle until it lobbies/logsout.

I dont have many progress reports here available, but here is one from the Fire Giant script:

Worked for 2 Hours, 50 Minutes and 26 Seconds
    Disassembeled 22 hatchets
    Disassembeled 53 herbs
    Disassembeled 3 scimitars
    Disassembeled 5 sqshields
    Disassembeled 3 bars
    Disassembeled 2 strengthpots
    ate 11 Lobsters
    buried 320 bigbones
    buried 1 bones
    crafted 30 uncut gems
    Disassembeled 15 cut gems
    Disassembeled 250 runes and arrows
    Disassembeled 6 raw rocktails
    Disassembeled 6 raw cavefishs
    Disassembeled 5 magic logs
    LOOP 793

The script fights Giants, picks up all loot, buries the bones, uses heal to recover when not fighting, dissasembles "useless" armour, crafts gems, dissasembles them, dissasembles all runes and everything stackable above 50, notes all useful items using magic notepaper (another great invention, thanks Jagex!) and eats whatever it finds. I have a longer proggie, but as said...not here.

I also found a proggie from the Moss giants:

Worked for 2 Hours, 52 Minutes and 14 Seconds
    Disassembeled 2 ores
    Disassembeled 4 staffs
    Disassembeled 10 herbs
    Disassembeled 3 gauntletss
    Disassembeled 13 sqshields
    Disassembeled 7 fullhelms
    Disassembeled 16 bars
    Disassembeled 4 helms
    Disassembeled 6 swords
    Disassembeled 10 spears
    Disassembeled 7 kiteshields
    Disassembeled 90 seeds
    Ate 1 rolls
    Buried 339 bigbones
    Buried 2 bones
    Cut 10 gems
    Cut 5 ucnuts
    dissasembeled 750 runes and arrows

Thanks for reading this. I wanted to share this with you some time earlier, but now I am on vacation, I finally found the time to do so. My scripts aren't ready for release, if they ever will be, because I too am worried that it draws a circle of attention. Besides I am a lousy programmer, I program goal-oriented and not worry too much about convention. Once I am done I will prep them for release. Maybe.

Love,

WT!
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Nice to see you're still actively botting runescape!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Very nice to read (wisps*!), thought you'd stopped due to being busy irl after making this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WT-Fakawi View Post
    Six: he declares cheating dead. Wrong words my friend, I accept the challenge. I will come back to cheating only to proove you wrong, even though I dont have that time at all.
    guess that isn't completely the case.
    You should check out prif, it seems like the perfect place for your character & botting style. It has some nice stat goals to aim for too (the ones that you don't have already anyways, http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Plag...nd#Walkthrough ). Should speed up your invention gains quite a bit once there also, especially if you make your own version of this https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116008 )

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Wisps! Ah, well here on the beaches of Gavdos there is little electricity let alone internet, so no change to look things up. But yeah, several things changed in my life, all for the good, and sailing into quieter waters now. So I have some time to spare, and tbh I just love the thrill of developeing and seeing my scripts run smoothly. Silly for an old man maybe, but I have never given too much about conventions.

but: prifdinnas, or whats its name, man, this is a mule we are talking about. I started one quests that opened the gates of phasmathys, I am not going to do any more quests unless ab-so-lu-te-ly neccesary. I hate these stupid quests. Unless you wanna do them for me, but than I'd give you my smithing 101 char...that has better stats. Four skilllcapes allready

Nah, once I get back I'll release some of the work...
    SRL is a Library of routines made by the SRL community written for the Program Simba.
    We produce Scripts for the game Runescape.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Wisps! Ah, well here on the beaches of Gavdos there is little electricity let alone internet, so no change to look things up. But yeah, several things changed in my life, all for the good, and sailing into quieter waters now. So I have some time to spare, and tbh I just love the thrill of developeing and seeing my scripts run smoothly. Silly for an old man maybe, but I have never given too much about conventions.

but: prifdinnas, or whats its name, man, this is a mule we are talking about. I started one quests that opened the gates of phasmathys, I am not going to do any more quests unless ab-so-lu-te-ly neccesary. I hate these stupid quests. Unless you wanna do them for me, but than I'd give you my smithing 101 char...that has better stats. Four skilllcapes allready

its a city full of overpowered xp methods.

edit: if you are looking for nostalgia check out oldschool runescape.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I'm not interested in taking an account, but shoot me a pm with the stats on the account you were looking to trade regardless (or just list the notable high stats on it). I might have a better option for ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Regarding Prif:

I've heard (from multiple sources, but cannot personally confirm or deny) that it's not only a bot hot-spot but also a ban hot-spot, due to some combination of extreme population density, experienced players who know what to look for, and some active bot-hunters (whether affiliated with Jagex or not). It may be safer to go with alternate methods which, while they may be slower or less efficient, allow you to avoid the report-prone Prif population.

Also, to manually quest your way into Prif from scratch requires probably some tens of hours. You could have spent those hours training instead, whether manually or automatedly.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Cool read, looking forward to updates!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Good to hear you're doing well.
    SRL Developer
    ◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘◘

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Welcome back!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nice! looking forward to more updates

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I love things like this. Always fun to see something is working after compiled successfully.

Thread Information