Thread: RS3 Grand Exchange - Display Live Prices - Need Ajax / PHP / JSON Coders

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Default RS3 Grand Exchange - Display Live Prices - Need Ajax / PHP / JSON Coders

TL;DR: Need code developers to query database that displays live buy and sell price of items in a table inside Excel or website.

Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to work on this new project regarding the RS3 Grand Exchange. Basically I'd like to create an environment where I can display live buy and sell prices of individual items. A working example can be found here: http://merchz.com/live/ - it's extremely accurate.

unescape has created a Grand Exchange database where you can find all the items that that have been implemented into the game. Apparently you can access fundamentals of this exchange through their API. Queries in the API return JSON.

They have a dedicated page here - http://services.runescape.com/m=rswi..._Exchange_APIs and a further support page here - http://runescape.wikia.com/wiki/Appl...e_Database_API

Ideally I'd like to create something identical to this page http://merchz.com/live/ which will give me live prices of all the items in the Grand Exchange. To see that page, you'll need to activate a free trial (no information needed), and become a temporary VIP. I took a look at his source code, and there appears to be some Ajax in there too, along with functions - the source code can be found here http://pastebin.com/n54kKhu9 - one of their functions is to load a table displaying live prices...here is the code:

function load_table(type, tblname){
    $.ajax({
    type: "POST",
    url:"/ajax/get-last-live.php",
    data: {type:type},
    cache: false,
    success: function(response){
    if(type != 0 && type != 15){
    $('#' + tblname + '_content').html(response);
    }else{
    var item_split = response.split("::::/::::");
    for(var i = 0; i < item_split.length; i++){
    var split_data = item_split[i].split(":|:");
    var listen_geid = parseInt(split_data[0]);
    var tbl_data = split_data[1];
    if(response){
    $('#' + type + '-' + listen_geid).fadeIn(function() {
    $(this).html(tbl_data);
    }).fadeIn();

Basically, it is a table of in-game items, with their live buy / sell price (instead of having to manually buy and sell an individual item in the game to determine this yourself). The Grand Exchange does display an item price on the website and in the game itself, but this is just an average, and not the live price that is being negotiated by buyers and sellers (think market efficiency).

I'm thinking there is some line of code that will make this incredibly easy for me to navigate. Basically drawing a query that asks for the buy and sell price of an item (each item has a unique ID which is usually a number, for example, a steel bar has the ID of 2353).

If you can help create this project with me - I will gladly appreciate it. What I'm fundamentally after, is the ability to create tables with items from the game, that displays their live buy and sell prices, either inside Excel, or on a website.

I can talk to you via here, or Skype / Discord if it's easier.

TL;DR: Need code developers to query database that displays live buy and sell price of items in a table inside Excel or website.

Thank-you for your time in reading and applying to this project. I look forward to working with you.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    429 Post(s)

Disclaimer: If you figure out how to make this, I'll probably do unspeakable things to you (in a good way)

On topic:

I have used merchz in the past and I'm fairly sure that when I researched it, they actually crowdsourced their information. I saw things saying that they give access to people who submit enough valid data. I highly doubt that Jagex allows their live data to be accessed, they suppress so much of the information (like volume data) that it's hard to imagine them leaving the live data out in the open.

Kudos if you find it, and if you need another pair of eyes to analyse anything or help you make useful stuff with the data, I'd love to help. But until you get the data, I'm useless on this front.

Scripts: Edgeville Chop & Bank, GE Merchanting Aid
    Tutorials: How to Dominate the Grand Exchange

Quote Originally Posted by YoHoJo View Post
    I like hentai.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 3Garrett3 View Post
    Disclaimer: If you figure out how to make this, I'll probably do unspeakable things to you (in a good way)

On topic:

I have used merchz in the past and I'm fairly sure that when I researched it, they actually crowdsourced their information. I saw things saying that they give access to people who submit enough valid data. I highly doubt that Jagex allows their live data to be accessed, they suppress so much of the information (like volume data) that it's hard to imagine them leaving the live data out in the open.

Kudos if you find it, and if you need another pair of eyes to analyse anything or help you make useful stuff with the data, I'd love to help. But until you get the data, I'm useless on this front.
    It would make sense if they crowdsourced the information, but surely they don't have that many people updating the live prices? There is over 100 items on that list, and the website doesn't feel like it has enough of a community to support that notion. These prices update every 10 minutes, and their website traffic seems minimal (the amount of people on their chat, which auto logs in VIPs, is at any given time, three or five - quite the task for a single person to keep updating the price). From what I posted, it looks like he uses a combination of Ajax and JSON queries to get this table published, i.e. he creates a function table from that php page (therefore there must be some coding going on behind the scenes, and not manual input). The Old School Grand Exchange API seems to operate on a similar level, I found this website, which seems to reflect current prices https://www.ge-tracker.com/ - let me know what you think of it.

I'll PM you as well, since it seems we have a similar interest

@3Garret3 - do you know how to access the Grand Exchange API or the queries that are possible? The official Runescape page seems quite limited, i.e. doesn't have the buy / sell of an item in real time. I'm assuming you can make a query though to figure this out. I've posted this project on a few freelance websites, here's hoping I get a response
    Last edited by kiwikiwi; 08-15-2016 at 03:15 AM.

Thread Information