Thread: UnbrokenChopAndFletch (Woodcutting / Shaft Maker)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Default UnbrokenChopAndFletch (Woodcutting / Shaft Maker)

Hello!
    This thread is just to show my first real script (I think I had posted one a long time ago but I consider this one my first useful script).

ChopAndFletch is a script designed to automatically chop normal trees and then, when the backpack is full, cut them into arrow shafts. This process will then repeat itself once all the of logs in your inventory have been cut.

Please leave any feedback good or bad. Would love to hear from all of you!

Bugs are to expected since it's my first script. I only know of one so far and that is that it may not always detect trees quickly (color's were sorta hard to get right). Besides that I don't know of any. Please post them in the thread if you find any.

Hope you guys enjoy!
    -TheUnbroken

Setup Instructions!
    Login and go to your desired location and face your camera in whichever way you find that will provide the most trees within your view. Then start the script!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

RS3 or OSRS?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Gz on posting your first script.

I would recommend adding failsafes and improving standards.
    for failsafes I usually use atleast a timer
    Simba Code:
    var                      
      failTimer: TTimeMarker;
    failTimer.start will start it (from 0)
    and failTimer.getTime will give you how long it's been since starting (in milliseconds).
    I updated your mainloop with some better standards (just tabbing differently + removing the extra 'end.') and a timeout for the repeat clickTree until false bit.
    Simba Code:
    begin                                                                                                
      clearDebug();                                                                                      
      setupSRL();                                                                                        
      changeAngleBoss();                                                                                  
      repeat                                                                                              
        failTimer.start; //resets failTimer to 0 and starts counting [in milliseconds]                    
        repeat                                                                                            
          clickTree();                                                                                    
        until (tabBackPack.isFull() or (failTimer.getTime > 600000));                                    
        if failTimer.getTime > 600000 then                                                                
          begin                                                                                          
            writeln('backpack isn''t full after 10 minutes? something went wrong, terminating script');  
            terminateScript;                                                                              
          end;                                                                                            
        arrowshaftMake();                                                                                
      until false;                                                                                        
    end.
    Check out this thread for some examples of code https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60288

Quote Originally Posted by Her0nz View Post
    RS3 or OSRS?
    Take a quick look at the includes used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

thank you so much dude! feedback is much appreciated. Thanks for the tips btw, throwing them in right now. Colors will be updated soon to run a bit smoother.
    TheUnbroken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Rs3
    TheUnbroken

Thread Information