Thread: Do they track mouse movements on OSRS?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    23 Post(s)

Default Do they track mouse movements on OSRS?

Do they track mouse movements on OSRS?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

I don't think anybody really knows this for sure because Jagex tend to keep their bot detecting methods very secret. But It's been very speculated that they do.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

A couple of users who run goldfarms said they have tested with and without human like mouse movements. Said they didn't notice a difference on OSRS as well as EOC. As @Aspect; said though, there isn't really a definitive answer, only speculation.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

From experience I have only botted without mouse movements on RS3. Can you please provide source for claims on OSRS?, as I am currently writing a script that might require instant mouse flicking, for the objects move at a tremendous speed @Kasi;
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    From experience I have only botted without mouse movements on RS3. Can you please provide source for claims on OSRS?, as I am currently writing a script that might require instant mouse flicking, for the objects move at a tremendous speed @Kasi;
    @hoodz; might be able to enlighten you as he used to goldfarm with success. I also have a private CPP bot which doesn't have any mouse movements. It just jumps cursor to the point + clicks etc. It does remove the Injected flags spoken about at https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115467. It might also be worth mentioning, if it hasn't already; RS is playable on tablets. Most of the input on tablets appears as injected (virtual or fake), bad drivers or something. It would simply be inconsistent for Jagex to ban purely based mouse movements.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    It does remove the Injected flags spoken about at
    The flag that checks for virtual or hardware mouse is from jaclib.dll? OSRS doesn't contain any dlls and I'm able to run rs3 without jaclib.dll. Maybe they removed it after all as you said it is inconsistent with tablets etc.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rishi View Post
    The flag that checks for virtual or hardware mouse is from jaclib.dll? OSRS doesn't contain any dlls and I'm able to run rs3 without jaclib.dll. Maybe they removed it after all as you said it is inconsistent with tablets etc.
    You are aware there is more than just the downloaded file correct? Like the cache and temp files?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aspect View Post
    You are aware there is more than just the downloaded file correct? Like the cache and temp files?
    To check if the mouse used is hardware or software, you need to access low level window api. Correct me if i'm wrong but you need to load modules from the JVM using JNI. If there isn't any dll's associated with OSRS, it isn't checking for what type of mouse specifically.
    -----

As for your question, do they collect mouse movement? They may. There has been old de-obs that show mouse coordinate collection every 50ms. Proof:
    Java Code:
    package com.runescape.client;

final class MouseDetection implements Runnable {

private final Client instance;
        public final Object syncObject;
        public final int[] coordsY;
        public boolean running;
        public final int[] coordsX;
        public int coordsIndex;

public MouseDetection(Client parent) {
            syncObject = new Object();
            coordsY = new int[500];
            coordsX = new int[500];
            running = true;
            instance = parent;
        }

public void run() {
            while (running) {
                synchronized (syncObject) {
                    if (coordsIndex < 500) {
                        coordsX[coordsIndex] = instance.mouseX;
                        coordsY[coordsIndex] = instance.mouseY;
                        coordsIndex++;
                    }
                }
                try {
                    Thread.sleep(50L);
                } catch (Exception _ex) {
                }
            }
        }
    }

After all, they could have easily ditched this because many computers these days have touch screens. One way to find out is run two bots in a controlled environment. One with no mouse movements and one with mouse movements.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

We don't know. There was code related to virtual input checks but it was "turned off" in jaclib. OSRS does contain and use several dlls. It however doesn't seem to run jaclib. Which is understandable as Jacmob's time was after 07. Even so, afaik, if user32 is loaded, then they could be checking the flag. It is being loaded through browsercontrol.dll, OSRS uses this as well as EOC. And it seems to export and use SetWindowsHookExW, CallNextHookEx, and UnhookWindowsHookEx. So it's pretty likely it's hooking something.
    Last edited by Kasi; 08-26-2016 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

As i have stated before; from my experience i don't think mouse movements are tracked; though i am not to sure with "uptext" and thus always use "mouseoffscreen".

<------------------>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Java Code:
    package com.runescape.client;

final class MouseDetection implements Runnable {

private final Client instance;
        public final Object syncObject;
        public final int[] coordsY;
        public boolean running;
        public final int[] coordsX;
        public int coordsIndex;

public MouseDetection(Client parent) {
            syncObject = new Object();
            coordsY = new int[500];
            coordsX = new int[500];
            running = true;
            instance = parent;
        }

public void run() {
            while (running) {
                synchronized (syncObject) {
                    if (coordsIndex < 500) {
                        coordsX[coordsIndex] = instance.mouseX;
                        coordsY[coordsIndex] = instance.mouseY;
                        coordsIndex++;
                    }
                }
                try {
                    Thread.sleep(50L);
                } catch (Exception _ex) {
                }
            }
        }
    }

After all, they could have easily ditched this because many computers these days have touch screens. One way to find out is run two bots in a controlled environment. One with no mouse movements and one with mouse movements.
    Where did you see this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

@hoodz....... It might also be worth mentioning, if it hasn't already; RS is playable on tablets.....
    www.ww...wwhat?! Thank god this wasn't possible when I was a kid

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

In my opinion it's better to be prepared. Use a bot with mouse movements, even if they currently don't track them. One day Jagex may decide to start tracking them and then you're really out of luck if their systems show no mouse movements at all.
    You probably won't be banned because tablets won't show mousemovements either, but you'll probably be flagged and looked into eventually.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    In my opinion it's better to be prepared. Use a bot with mouse movements, even if they currently don't track them. One day Jagex may decide to start tracking them and then you're really out of luck if their systems show no mouse movements at all.
    You probably won't be banned because tablets won't show mousemovements either, but you'll probably be flagged and looked into eventually.
    IMO tracking mouse movements would be a backwards move for jagex right now. Fairly unlikely they'll go to that stage where they'll have to implement some retrospective inefficient mouse recorder when they can pretty much do anything else and more reliably flag accounts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    100 Post(s)

IMO tracking mouse movements would be a backwards move for jagex right now. Fairly unlikely they'll go to that stage where they'll have to implement some retrospective inefficient mouse recorder when they can pretty much do anything else and more reliably flag accounts.
    Considering they have to charge a monthly fee for runemetrics pro because of extra needed servers (according to some JMod on reddit), you are probably right - it likely won't happen as I'm guessing they'd have to upgrade storage etc to record such heavy data. I am slightly paranoid I guess!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aufi View Post
    Considering they have to charge a monthly fee for runemetrics pro because of extra needed servers (according to some JMod on reddit), you are probably right - it likely won't happen as I'm guessing they'd have to upgrade storage etc to record such heavy data. I am slightly paranoid I guess!
    Well... Sooner or later they'll have to upgrade storage... So that's not a problem for them I guess.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteballs View Post
    Well... Sooner or later they'll have to upgrade storage... So that's not a problem for them I guess.
    It's not a problem because if its upgrading storage due to a bigger playerbase means they are gaining profit on an exponential level. They don't care about investing in storage because they are directly gaining money through membership fees, micro-transactions etc as a result of buying more storage. Buying extra storage just to store mouse clicks is unprofitable. Shareholders don't give a fuck how many bots there are if the business is making money. Obviously its an ongoing issue, but isn't their main concern. The tldr; they shouldn't be storing mouse clicks or movements because they can detect your bots with less resources and with greater accuracy using other methods quite easily.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

It's not a problem because if its upgrading storage due to a bigger playerbase means they are gaining profit on an exponential level. They don't care about investing in storage because they are directly gaining money through membership fees, micro-transactions etc as a result of buying more storage. Buying extra storage just to store mouse clicks is unprofitable. Shareholders don't give a fuck how many bots there are if the business is making money. Obviously its an ongoing issue, but isn't their main concern. The tldr; they shouldn't be storing mouse clicks or movements because they can detect your bots with less resources and with greater accuracy using other methods quite easily.
    + false positive risk
    + most [public] bots move the mouse instead of hopping it around like crazy (most users wouldn't feel safe running a bot that just hops the mouse everywhere)

I personally only use mouse movements for my own private scripts when I'm 1) too lazy to do proper mouse hopping timing and 2) clicking on static objects

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

This is just my personal experience, but I make most of my private scripts with barely any antiban and rarely with human mouse movements.

In 5 years of botting I've only been banned twice and I'm pretty sure the reasons were the time I ran the bot for and the other was the client I used.
    At least I believe it was those reasons, could be the lack of antiban or the mouse movements but if those were the case I think I would have been banned way more often.

But then again, I never ran a gold farm, just did some personal botting, so yeah.... just my opinion from my personal experience.

Thread Information