Thread: 48h ban

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Default 48h ban

I just got banned 48h (I lucky ?). It's the second time I got a 48h ban. I was using a personal Mud Rune Crafted that I writed like 2 weeks ago for 10 hours a day. The reason of this ban is "Bot Busting Moderate" so I guess this is from Botwatch right ? I think I got banned because I changed my MouseSpeed from 25-35 to 40-50 lol. Btw, I am only playing/botting in this account.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Were you botting 10 hours a day? If so that's probably what got you flagged.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Yeah. But I am pretty sure it is because of my script. I used Fady's AIO Portable 16-20h/day for nearly a month without a ban

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Ok, so what's the secret to getting a 48h ban? All I get is perms -.-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I don't know really xD My account is >10 years old and it is the only acc I am playing. Well, I have other mule that I use to bypass GE limit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

For how long did you bot in total? A month before you got caught? Also botting 10 hours / day is usually a bit too much, keep it at 6-8.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Hmmm, I think it is 3 months or more, I am not sure.

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    For how long did you bot in total? A month before you got caught? Also botting 10 hours / day is usually a bit too much, keep it at 6-8.
    keep in mind that the "average" person plays 2 hours a day.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

on rs3 i've botted graahk nature runes for 10-12 hours for 3 months with 0 bans on 5 accs. Then suddenly got a 48 hour ban recently on the 10+ year acc, and all the newer accs got perm banned, so maybe age of the account is taken into account when it comes to bans?
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lipcot View Post
    on rs3 i've botted graahk nature runes for 10-12 hours for 3 months with 0 bans on 5 accs. Then suddenly got a 48 hour ban recently on the 10+ year acc, and all the newer accs got perm banned, so maybe age of the account is taken into account when it comes to bans?
    Yeah I think that age of the acc determine the type of ban too !

Quote Originally Posted by hoodz View Post
    keep in mind that the "average" person plays 2 hours a day.
    When you are on your summer break the average is way more haaha.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lipcot View Post
    Your cache was probably flagged. They flag caches when an account is temp banned, any other accounts that have used the same cache are automatically flagged.

I've had the same thing happen to me on brand new accounts, and I've been able to bypass it. One account is temp banned, all others that use the same cache after the temp ban, appear to be flagged for deeper investigation and are permed within 24 hours.

One solution is to login each account one at a time, if you're temped, immediately delete any and all Jagex related files. I keep two accounts max per cache, using this trick https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109112 One if you want to be careful. Another is making it so the client instances the cache, but that's only really viable for OSRS since the cache is so small it takes <10 seconds to re-download.

• .jagex_cache_32
    • jagex_cl_runescape_LIVE.dat
    • jagexappletviewer.preferences
    • random.dat

Are all the files I delete from %userprofile% (C:/Users/USER) after a temp ban. I have a directory with a completely untouched cache and client settings, so I just delete everything and copy over the untouched cache. I also set random.dat to Read Only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Hmm I have 4 accounts untouched when my main got temp banned.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    256 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kritis View Post
    Hmm I have 4 accounts untouched when my main got temp banned.
    Is this for OSRS or RS3? I only run bots for RS3, and of course it's just somewhat of a theory. I get less bans when I clear the cache after a ban, from previous similar threads people haven't had any issues with other accounts after a ban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

This is from RS3. I don't bot/play OSRS. I didn't touch my cache btw. But one day before my temp ban I logged in my 4 accounts at the same time to transfer their loot lol.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    365 Post(s)

i always erase all my caches after getting banned, its just i not always log in to the accs at the same order, so probably they all got flagged eventually
    Formerly known as Undorak7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

LOL. I just tried to login my temp ban acc and it says my ban is lifted and I can connect but I can't. That false hope =/. In my acc status it says that the ban will expire in 1 day. I guess keep botting on this acc is suicide right?
    http://imgur.com/TVMTmGp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

I've been hitting almost everyday, long period of time, for more than a year. Already maxed out, and no ban yet. The secret is... Do not goldfarm. Also, you should be careful about the world and place you choose.
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I am goldfarming everyday lol making rune bar with Fady's AIO Portable script or Mud Rune Craft with mine

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    211 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by onilika View Post
    I've been hitting almost everyday, long period of time, for more than a year. Already maxed out, and no ban yet. The secret is... Do not goldfarm. Also, you should be careful about the world and place you choose.
    I think this is true - I had also botted every day 10-14 hours a day for over a year and then I began to get greedy and started goldfarming and suddenly the ban hit me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

I've been goldfarming for myself (not RWT) for more than 3 months haha.
    So in theory botting is "fine" if you are skilling ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kritis View Post
    I've been goldfarming for myself (not RWT) for more than 3 months haha.
    So in theory botting is "fine" if you are skilling ?
    Hey pal, botting is always fine when you're doing that in a smart way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Twinki View Post
    Your cache was probably flagged. They flag caches when an account is temp banned, any other accounts that have used the same cache are automatically flagged.

I've had the same thing happen to me on brand new accounts, and I've been able to bypass it. One account is temp banned, all others that use the same cache after the temp ban, appear to be flagged for deeper investigation and are permed within 24 hours.

One solution is to login each account one at a time, if you're temped, immediately delete any and all Jagex related files. I keep two accounts max per cache, using this trick https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109112 One if you want to be careful. Another is making it so the client instances the cache, but that's only really viable for OSRS since the cache is so small it takes <10 seconds to re-download.

• .jagex_cache_32
    • jagex_cl_runescape_LIVE.dat
    • jagexappletviewer.preferences
    • random.dat

Are all the files I delete from %userprofile% (C:/Users/USER) after a temp ban. I have a directory with a completely untouched cache and client settings, so I just delete everything and copy over the untouched cache. I also set random.dat to Read Only.
    Haven't seen this tidbit in a long time, thanks for reminding us

Thread Information