Thread: [RS3] Got 48 ban, fresh acc, rather moderate botting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Default [RS3] Got 48 ban, fresh acc, rather moderate botting.

Greetings

This ban surprised the hell out of me, as it went against a lot of things I took for granted. "Bot Busting Moderate". 48 hour duration. And it's on RS3, NOT osrs. Non member, total wealth 200-400k tops.

First things first - the account is less than week old, got banned after ~~3-4 days, wasn't botting nonstop and no more than, I'd say, 3-4h at a time. (One spot one thing, that is)

Many things I did quite manually: did the starting quests, spread out my stats, talked quite a bit with other players, etcetera.
    The account is definitely made on a fresh IP, entirely different spot since I moved. I did log in on my 'permanently muted since <2010' account but there hasn't been a ban there. So idk what could've gotten me flagged.

At the moment of the ban, like 15 mins ago, I was running Clarity's Burial Armour.
    For 3 hours prior I was running Renzanity's public iron miner.
    Yesterday I was running the same iron miner, but with the Power Mine option, and it was bugging all the time - the typeSend wouldn't drop, but that was more client-issue than smart issue, because when I clicked the disableSmart and tried clicking manually it wouldn't drop the ore either, googling revealed many legit players face the problem as well from time to time.

What else...I did use a bit, like an hour or two, of the iOak, tiny amounts of Lemon's lumbysmelter but it broke a few times but again, no longer for 5-10 minutes as I was quite literally babysitting everything (every bot I did, no more than 5-10 minutes of being broken). Shield's shrimp/anchovy fisher for no more than 30 minutes in al kharid was there too.

I.e. all public scripts but for short periods, the renzanitys non-powerMine option was the longest, at 3 hours, and a ban soon followed. Due to freshness of the account, and the spot being notable for goldfarming I believe it got me banned but it goes quite a bit against the delayed-bans.
    On my previous account I was botting far more and even logged initially with a PowerBan client and botted cows with it for an hour, and it took a few months to get me banned.

So, to summarize, I believe it's best to use only your own scripts. I didn't even get to making my own, lol, and my hurry to get to botting asap lead to my downfall. Should've been patient and put the work in.
    I've no clue what was detectable, I was experimenting with ogLib recently as I'd success with it some time ago, but I think due to uncertainties I'll switch to full colour.

Any clues/hints what exactly could've been especially alarm-raising? Also, is the IP flagging real or do I have to use a VPS from now on? (Because it's a no brainer that it's no way in hell I'm going to play RS legally)
    And third, final question, anybody used a rather low-quality script they made themselves, for extended periods of time, and hasn't gotten banned? I.e. how much more it matters if it's just one person botting in a specific way even if it's low quality when compared to some good quality script that far more than 1 person uses?

Cheers.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krzysztof View Post
    Yesterday I was running the same iron miner, but with the Power Mine option, and it was bugging all the time - the typeSend wouldn't drop, but that was more client-issue than smart issue, because when I clicked the disableSmart and tried clicking manually it wouldn't drop the ore either, googling revealed many legit players face the problem as well from time to time.
    Did it get stuck there trying to drop for long periods of time over and over?

One of the biggest issues with using public scripts like renz' is that you simply don't know what's already been heavily botwatch'd yet not updated accordingly. Writing your own scripts also has some invaluable benefits outside of your ingame gains (e.g better programming skills in the longterm).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Indeed, I believe it did get stuck trying to drop it, however I don't think it was for more than 5-10 minutes at a time.
    If it in fact is restricted only to, as you said, heavily botwatched areas then a smallest slip there would probably draw a lot more attention than, say, multiple slip ups in some remote, inefficient location.

I was quite in a hurry to just start up the botting asap, so I picked random public scripts as I didn't have all my scripts from the past. It was a risky move and I got punished for it.

Still, it does provide a feedback on just how much self-made scripts are invaluable. Though my problem is that I don't intend to bot forever, and 'better programming experience' isn't something I aim to attain really high levels of. At least so far, other than Simba, I've required only the basics if for nothing else but assembly code injection via cheat engine.

Thread Information