Thread: RuneScape 2017 Reveals

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Default RuneScape 2017 Reveals

Link: http://services.runescape.com/m=news...community_news
    @Jake; where art thou

I started reading through the latest news article thingy on rs homepage and usually I get bored and close out of one of these after a few sentences but this one kept my attention.. ended up reading the whole thing.
    I'll give a quick summary of my thoughts under each section, perhaps somebody here wants to read that instead of the main article (and I don't feel like giving a [proper] summary of the article).
    thoughts

Note: This is simply a summary of my thoughts

The 2017 Survey
    No comment.
    Weather
    Neat, weather stuff. Could potentially really mess up some scripts
    Elder Gods
    No comment.
    Pets
    Having an army of [botted] pets working for you sounds awesome!
    Bank Rework
    bankscreen.functions will probably need to be updated a bunch once this comes out
    Clue Scrolls
    Perhaps some of the rewards will be interesting for botting (e.g Lumberyard teleports)
    Solo Boss
    No comment except: gl w/ scripting it clarity
    Mining and Smithing
    http://i.imgur.com/zcBetTM.png brb getting some 120 mining & smithing accounts ready
    Evil Dave Quest
    No comment.
    Expansions
    This is pretty interesting, they are noticeably reworking the way in which they put out a lot of the new content.
    The Golden City of Menaphos
    First new expansion. inb4 Ross' AIO Golden City of Menaphos
    Tombs of Menaphos
    No comment.
    Crondis Quest
    No comment.
    Menaphos Slayer Dungeon
    No comment.
    Shattered Worlds
    No comment.
    Achievements
    The later part, regarding tidying things up to avoid overwhelming new [or returning] players sounds great.
    That's It! Except...
    Slayers non virtual max level of 99 is becoming 120, upon launch of the Menaphos expansion.
    Makes me kinda want to start botting slayer again.
    Last edited by acow; 09-18-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Don't forget about Bank Bidders!

You can see a detailed, as far as we can now, breakdown of it by a merchanting site in their youtube video here --> Merchz

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IROC-Z View Post

You can see a detailed, as far as we can now, breakdown of it by a merchanting site in their youtube video here --> Merchz
    tyvm for sharing will definitely check it out later when I can watch videos, merchz' videos are always nice to see.
    ...& I don't think I forgot anything as I was just doing a crappy lazy summary of my thoughts on what's in the article, rather than all that was mentioned in runefest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    tyvm for sharing will definitely check it out later when I can watch videos, merchz' videos are always nice to see.
    ...& I don't think I forgot anything as I was just doing a crappy lazy summary of my thoughts on what's in the article, rather than all that was mentioned in runefest.
    Alrighty! I was just thinking of writing up a post about the news and I saw yours so I thought I'd add instead of duplicate. And this was a very need topic I thought!

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

wat.

i thought the whole point of banning bots was to stop items from making their way into circulation, not to allow people to buy loads of resources for cheap.

gg inflation.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    228 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    wat.

i thought the whole point of banning bots was to stop items from making their way into circulation, not to allow people to buy loads of resources for cheap.

gg inflation.
    I wonder if they all get released at the same time? Also this might be a big gold sink?
    Either way I hope to see some of my accounts, might even bid...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

wat.

gg inflation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I wonder if they all get released at the same time? Also this might be a big gold sink?
    Either way I hope to see some of my accounts, might even bid...
    I'm guessing they plan on it being a gold sink. The account might have millions or billions on it but when you bid you must have to forfeit that bid or something. That way more GP is collectively put on the account then the one person gets back. Hopefully they release more details on this soon.

A lot of things are all speculation right now.

Edit: I think they also mentioned it being a raffle instead too so people will just buy tickets with GP. They obviously weren't super clear.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

was a solid vid, cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I'm guessing they plan on it being a gold sink. The account might have millions or billions on it but when you bid you must have to forfeit that bid or something. That way more GP is collectively put on the account then the one person gets back. Hopefully they release more details on this soon.

A lot of things are all speculation right now.

Edit: I think they also mentioned it being a raffle instead too so people will just buy tickets with GP. They obviously weren't super clear.
    tbh, I find this a very lousy idea.

Maybe, if they raffled discontinued rare items from the banned account, I'd be fine with it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by carpediembr View Post
    tbh, I find this a very lousy idea.

Maybe, if they raffled discontinued rare items from the banned account, I'd be fine with it.
    I think Mod Osborne, however you spell it, made a reddit post or something on the topic and I think he said it will be a raffle. There will be 5 accounts and you buy a raffle ticket and then pick 1 of the 5 accounts to put the ticket on. You won't know which is the good one though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bank bidders is a troll lmfao

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

bank bidders sounds like next level party room with no balloons and equal frustration of never winning.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Im still confused. Now we are talking about raffles/drawings for the bank bidders, yet the screenshot clearly says auction.

Im not from england, but I think their definition of auction is the same as it is here. (as well as bid)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    141 Post(s)

Im still confused. Now we are talking about raffles/drawings for the bank bidders, yet the screenshot clearly says auction.

Im not from england, but I think their definition of auction is the same as it is here. (as well as bid)
    When that picture was presented to us they said it was still up in the air about what they were going to do. Having people bid on them might sink more money because the rich would bid a lot, but they changed to raffle, I think, to make it more fair to the rest of the player base. So the rich don't get richer thing. That's just my thought.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

But bidding on an auction wouldnt be a money sink. The whole point of buying stuff at an auction is that its cheaper than buying it normally. Why would a rich person buy a stack of flax for over market price when they could just buy it from the GE?

Sure, jagex then trashes the money that was used to purchase it, but all those items are now in the economy. Wait a few days and they will most likely be turned back into GP.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

But bidding on an auction wouldnt be a money sink. The whole point of buying stuff at an auction is that its cheaper than buying it normally. Why would a rich person buy a stack of flax for over market price when they could just buy it from the GE?

Sure, jagex then trashes the money that was used to purchase it, but all those items are now in the economy. Wait a few days and they will most likely be turned back into GP.
    Most bot accounts have hardly anything on them

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp5q85eD1z0 bank bidders update video, by A Friend

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    Most bot accounts have hardly anything on them
    Then you bid low on those crappy accounts. Do people not understand the point of an auction? Im not talking about those auctions you see on TV where people in tuxedos and ball gowns are waving up numbered paddles and spending thousands of dollars on rare items. Im talking about a normal auction, where people bid on other people's crap that goes well below retail cost so they can re-sell the item, or use it themselves.

I hate to use TV as an example, as its fake, but Im going to do it anyway. Have you never seen Storage Wars? People get a glimpse of a delinquent (banned) storage unit (account) that might have some really cool/valuable stuff (lots of resources) and then they bid on it. If they dont think the unit (account) has anything of value in it, the unit (account) goes for a low price. If the unit (account) has tons of stuff in it that can be sold for tons of money, it goes for much more, but theres still plenty of room to make a profit (unless someone gets unlucky or makes a bad bid).

Is this concept that hard for you to understand, rj?

Anyway. Didnt watch the video, just read the pic of the reddit post, and it sounds more like a raffle now. Lets get the name changed, as you dont place bids at raffles, you buy tickets.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Doubt Jagex is going to let any accounts with a decent bank into the pool. Sounds like hype-bait to me...

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

Then you bid low on those crappy accounts. Do people not understand the point of an auction? Im not talking about those auctions you see on TV where people in tuxedos and ball gowns are waving up numbered paddles and spending thousands of dollars on rare items. Im talking about a normal auction, where people bid on other people's crap that goes well below retail cost so they can re-sell the item, or use it themselves.

I hate to use TV as an example, as its fake, but Im going to do it anyway. Have you never seen Storage Wars? People get a glimpse of a delinquent (banned) storage unit (account) that might have some really cool/valuable stuff (lots of resources) and then they bid on it. If they dont think the unit (account) has anything of value in it, the unit (account) goes for a low price. If the unit (account) has tons of stuff in it that can be sold for tons of money, it goes for much more, but theres still plenty of room to make a profit (unless someone gets unlucky or makes a bad bid).

Is this concept that hard for you to understand, rj?

Anyway. Didnt watch the video, just read the pic of the reddit post, and it sounds more like a raffle now. Lets get the name changed, as you dont place bids at raffles, you buy tickets.
    Where did you read that you get a preview of their account?

Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1468 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rj View Post
    Where did you read that you get a preview of their account?
    its confirmed by jmods.

Runescape News and General & Skill Guides
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    545 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

That weather actually looks really nice, I hope when it's implemented it actually looks as good as it does in those pictures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm really looking forward to the bank rework, the icons are going to make it look neat.

b1ac2c978b10bfa447c8f3d150d22275.png

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this sounds like it could be interesting....or a quickly forgotten feature lol

Thread Information