Thread: Where are all the good scripts? I want some good scripts!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Default Where are all the good scripts? I want some good scripts!

Hello every,

If I want a high quality script (let's say a script that fishes, cooks, and banks very accurately, with options) are these types of HQ scripts just nooked away somewhere here (or on other forums)? Or am I expected to take what is available here and build it?

I am perfectly open to designing and building my own scripts, and releasing them however I am currently drowning in other homework/work. Thus the whole point that I am here, on a botting forum, trying to bot, instead of actually playing the game.

Lastly does anyone have like an index, or a super great resource that they might want to drop me while I am here? I would love what ever you might have that you feel is super useful! I am fairly new here.

Ty
    Last edited by METAPid; 10-13-2016 at 03:00 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Well this community is mostly focused on learning to script. At least that's how I see it. A good script is best written by you, since you know exactly what you want. Once you learn how, you will be able to write pretty much anything you can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by METAPid View Post
    Lastly does anyone have like an index, or a super great resource that they might want to drop me while I am here? I would love what ever you might have that you feel is super useful! I am fairly new here.
    What do you mean by this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

are these types of HQ scripts just nooked away somewhere here
    No, but you can just spam out 30 posts and get junior members like every other leeching scum

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

Well, maybe some really good example code/program, or maybe some videos, or at the very least some links to really good repositories or threads.

Again, I would be normally doing the research myself, but I already only barely have the time to type this and this website seems content deep considering how long Simba has been a thing.

ty for the responses
    Last edited by METAPid; 10-13-2016 at 05:48 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

This is the tutorial that I always tell people to read first: THE Beginner's Simba Tutorial
    There are plenty more tutorials, but that's a good starting point.

Some useful things:
    Simba Documentation
    Simba github
    SRL-6 Documentation
    SRL-6 github

Unfortunately, learning to script well is fairly time consuming. Even if you know what you're doing, writing a decent script can take a while (at least for me).

Also, ignore that guy ^^
    Don't know why he's giving you shit for wanting to learn.
    Last edited by Citrus; 10-13-2016 at 05:44 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

Hello every,

If I want a high quality script (let's say a script that fishes, cooks, and banks very accurately, with options) are these types of HQ scripts just nooked away somewhere here (or on other forums)? Or am I expected to take what is available here and build it?

I am perfectly open to designing and building my own scripts, and releasing them however I am currently drowning in other homework/work. Thus the whole point that I am here, on a botting forum, trying to bot, instead of actually playing the game.

Ty
    http://programming-motherfucker.com/become.html

<------------------>

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    This is the tutorial that I always tell people to read first: THE Beginner's Simba Tutorial
    There are plenty more tutorials, but that's a good starting point.

Some useful things:
    Simba Documentation
    Simba github
    SRL-6 Documentation
    SRL-6 github

Unfortunately, learning to script well is fairly time consuming. Even if you know what you're doing, writing a decent script can take a while (at least for me).

Also, ignore that guy ^^
    Don't know why he's giving you shit for wanting to learn.
    SRL-6 stuff wont help if you want to script on OSRS
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
    SRL-6 stuff wont help if you want to script on OSRS
    Sure it will. Understanding the logic behind the include is super helpful in writing your own custom functions no matter what you're scripting for.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Spamming postcount for jr membs is a waste of time, imo.
    @Harrier; do you have any recommendations for a newbie looking to script in osrs? Outside of don't script for rs3 ofc, e.g potentially reading through this https://github.com/SRL/SRL/tree/master/osr (is that even the right link for srl/srl?)
    btw OP that beginner's guide that citrus linked is a great start https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58935 primarily these portions http://i.imgur.com/lALdpAz.png

After that I believe you'd be needing to read through the includes that you're wishing to use. The one above if linked properly or:
    Reflection and Aerolob color, the two post popular here atm, afaik.

Harrier, what would you recommend for OP? reflection or color? If color, srl/srl or aerolib?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Spamming postcount for jr membs is a waste of time, imo.
    @Harrier; do you have any recommendations for a newbie looking to script in osrs? Outside of don't script for rs3 ofc, e.g potentially reading through this https://github.com/SRL/SRL/tree/master/osr (is that even the right link for srl/srl?)
    btw OP that beginner's guide that citrus linked is a great start https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58935 primarily these portions http://i.imgur.com/lALdpAz.png

After that I believe you'd be needing to read through the includes that you're wishing to use. The one above if linked properly or:
    Reflection and Aerolob color, the two post popular here atm, afaik.

Harrier, what would you recommend for OP? reflection or color? If color, srl/srl or aerolib?
    srl/srl cannot easily be used atm so I wont recommend it to any newbie. (it only works correctly with simba 1.2 compiled directly from git) and I cannot recommend any include for OSRS since none are currently maintained (Flight is MIA and Kyle is only updating hooks atm afaik and no one is maintaining/fixing reflection funcs)
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    237 Post(s)

Learn to script, it'll go a long way for you.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

srl/srl cannot easily be used atm so I wont recommend it to any newbie. (it only works correctly with simba 1.2 compiled directly from git) and I cannot recommend any include for OSRS since none are currently maintained (Flight is MIA and Kyle is only updating hooks atm afaik and no one is maintaining/fixing reflection funcs)
    Hey man, whenever there's any bugs I do work on fixing them
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

(it only works correctly with simba 1.2 compiled directly from git)
    i can provide builds if op is set on using it
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Bad™ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    i can provide builds if op is set on using it
    Still is a horrid idea for a noobie to use mostly untested dev build of simba.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Hey man, whenever there's any bugs I do work on fixing them
    Ah ok, I just based that off people complaining on IRC about "broken" reflection funcs and the git history but sadly people rarely reports bugs via the official channels it seems.
    #slack4admin2016

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Ah ok, I just based that off people complaining on IRC about "broken" reflection funcs and the git history but sadly people rarely reports bugs via the official channels it seems.
    Lmao, yeah it would appear that way
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Thread Information