Thread: Just a heads up @RS botters/players with connection issues today

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Default Just a heads up @RS botters/players with connection issues today

Woke up early today and there seems to be a connection problem currently. Did a bit of messing around that didn't help, looked around and saw a relatively low player count + other people stating that they're having a problem connecting today also. Read some stuff about ISPs/DNS servers, I personally am not sure of what exactly the issue is.

From my home connection currently I can't load up legacy/nxt client. Additionally I can't connect to oldschool.runescape nor load up the vanilla osrs client though I can load up old school rs via osbuddy I cannot connect to the servers after it's loaded. I haven't tried to load up osrs via smart but I assume it'd have the same result.
    I have a server located in canada and I also cannot load up a client there nor connect to oldschool.runescape.
    I have a server located in france and I can load up a client there and I can connect to oldschool.runescape. //same ISP as other server
    I logged into a couple of a friends VPSs (not sure where they're located, I assume somewhere in europe) and there's no issues.

Going by the fact that the reddit isn't absolutely spammed currently and the above ^ I believe it's largely an american / north american issue and a bunch of people are going to be confused as they wake up today (if not fixed by then). Will edit this thread with a "fixed now" message whenever it's been fixed.

E: I can connect from both my home connection & server in canada now, seems to have only been an issue for an hour or so & jagex has fixed/is fixing it.
    Edit2: Connection issues again
    Edit3: OpenDNS is currently working for me https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/c...le_to_connect/
    Edit4: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octobe...yn_cyberattack
    Last edited by acow; 10-21-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Last edited by Citrus; 10-21-2016 at 01:24 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Yup that is one of the places I read about others having connection issues. Anyhoo, [editted into OP that] it's been fixed/largely fixed already now.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

I saw something about a DNS on the east cost getting ddos'ed. Id assume this was the reason.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    I saw something about a DNS on the east cost getting ddos'ed. Id assume this was the reason.
    Does seem to be the issue, switching to OpenDNS as this guy suggested https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/c...le_to_connect/ seems to have fixed the issue for the time being.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Does seem to be the issue, switching to OpenDNS as this guy suggested https://www.reddit.com/r/2007scape/c...le_to_connect/ seems to have fixed the issue for the time being.
    also not using the internet would help
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    275 Post(s)
    Quoted
    901 Post(s)

Yep, other sysadmins are complaining too

Forum account issues? Please send me a PM

Thread Information