Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Is finding feathers broken?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,600
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Default Is finding feathers broken?

    Hi guys,

    Just been fiddling around with making a basic lumby chicken killer and feather looter for OSRS with Lape Reflection and noticed that item finding for feathers on the ground seems to be acting strangely in the sense that it will only correctly identify that there is a feather on the ground to loot 1/10 times. At first I thought I just had an error in my code until I tested it with bones instead and found that worked 100% of the time.

    I am just using

    Simba Code:
    var
    Loots: TReflectGroundItem;

    If Not Loots.Find('Feather')then
        begin
          writeln('did not find item');
          Exit;
        end;

    Now that will pretty much return 'did not find item' nearly every time except with the odd occurance where it works, as soon as I change it to bones though as mentioned above it works every time?

    Any ideas?

    -RK
    Sleeping...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UDFj-39546284
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

    Default

    Try this. Not using arrays will only find the item on the bottom of the pile.

    Code:
    program Pickup;
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$i Reflection/Reflection.simba}
    
    const
      ItemsToPickup = ['Feather', 'Abyssal whip'];  // Items to Pickup
    
    var
      Grounds: TReflectGroundItemArray;
      I: Integer;
    
    begin
      Grounds.GetAll(20);
    
      for I := 0 to High(Grounds) do
      begin
        if IsArrInStr(ItemsToPickup, Grounds[I].GetName) then
          begin
            Reflect.Mouse.Move(Grounds[I].GetMSPoint, 3, 3);
            Reflect.Mouse.Click(Mouse_Right);
            Reflect.Text.ChooseOption(Grounds[I].GetName);
          end;
      end;
    end.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,600
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Try this. Not using arrays will only find the item on the bottom of the pile.

    Code:
    program Pickup;
    {$DEFINE SMART}
    {$i Reflection/Reflection.simba}
    
    const
      ItemsToPickup = ['Feather', 'Abyssal whip'];  // Items to Pickup
    
    var
      Grounds: TReflectGroundItemArray;
      I: Integer;
    
    begin
      Grounds.GetAll(20);
    
      for I := 0 to High(Grounds) do
      begin
        if IsArrInStr(ItemsToPickup, Grounds[I].GetName) then
          begin
            Reflect.Mouse.Move(Grounds[I].GetMSPoint, 3, 3);
            Reflect.Mouse.Click(Mouse_Right);
            Reflect.Text.ChooseOption(Grounds[I].GetName);
          end;
      end;
    end.
    Ah thank you! I thought it might have been something to do with it being in a pile...Strangely though, this increased the chance it has of finding a feather to maybe 60% but it still constantly is unable to find feathers when there's tiles all over the place with them, very strange!
    Sleeping...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    UDFj-39546284
    Posts
    73
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    41 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rkroxpunk View Post
    still constantly is unable to find feathers when there's tiles all over the place with them, very strange!
    Try setting Grounds.GetAll(20); to a lower number, like 2 or 3, to limit the tile distance it searches for the item.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,600
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    Try setting Grounds.GetAll(20); to a lower number, like 2 or 3, to limit the tile distance it searches for the item.
    Yep still doesn't make a difference other than it finds them less often. I've been busy the last few days so haven't had a proper chance to test/troubleshoot further hoping to give it a shot this weekend.
    Sleeping...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Middle of Here and There
    Posts
    414
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

    Default

    When you said it finds them, do you mean it adds them to the array or that it mouses to them?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Not here
    Posts
    1,600
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Probably Glitched View Post
    When you said it finds them, do you mean it adds them to the array or that it mouses to them?
    The array, if it gets added to the array it's able to mouse to them without issue but the problem was getting them added to the array. Never fully figured this out, my only thought was maybe there were too many items in the area and the function wasn't adding them all to the array, it was very hit and miss.
    Sleeping...

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Default

    I found a fix and posted in in Bugs. But in case you're still having the trouble trying to do it and want a fix now before it's officially updated.

    www.villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117153

    Sorry for bringing up an old thread. I tried to PM him but can't yet. But I figure if anyone else is having the same problem at the moment, it was worth posting here too. (This is the thread I found when I was having the same problem too)

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •