Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Bump. 4 weeks remaining.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

I better get started with my scripts then
    Make sure to checkout this awesome thinggy too. Great alternative to wasting resources "securing" the bitcoin network.
    https://boinc.tacc.utexas.edu/team_d....php?teamid=28

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Q. It's not winter where I live?
    A. Nobody loves you southern hemisphere n00bz.
    Hey, I moved all the way across the globe for a reason yaknow.

Might participate for shit & giggles, lemme take a look in my unfinished-scripts-from-2008-archive
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I see there is a primary prize pool but is that only for a winner or will runner ups be awarded as well other than a bond
    EDIT: Also, what about a previously posted script; can that be entered into the competition
    Also can the script require membership? You mention having a fresh account but it isnt a competition requirement nor is it mentioned that it must be f2p. Also you state there are no real rules for what can and cannot be done, but you say the accounts starting point will be at a lodestone?
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    I see there is a primary prize pool but is that only for a winner or will runner ups be awarded as well other than a bond
    Yes there most likely will be runner ups along with a winner, the differences in prizes will vary based on performance.

EDIT: Also, what about a previously posted script; can that be entered into the competition
    Yes, if it works for this competition. Would likely need to be tweaked if it can't already be started from anywhere, on a fresh account.

Also can the script require membership? You mention having a fresh account but it isnt a competition requirement nor is it mentioned that it must be f2p.
    A fresh account would be f2p. The only way the account would be able to get membership would be if it earned it itself within the 12 hours (obviously not feasible after the rule against trading other players directly [ge is fine, and encouraged]).

Also you state there are no real rules for what can and cannot be done, but you say the accounts starting point will be at a lodestone?
    [if the script doesn't successfully identify where it is when it starts] it should use one of the lodestones that are by default unlocked (lumbridge/burthrope iirc) as how to start off. The accounts most likely won't have been moved after [skipping] tutorial, but there is no promise of that.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Got a first version of my script ready! Works at fresh accounts fine! It's pretty bad at getting XP (~5k/hour) but it is good at running hours at a time!

How important is using the GE? I already have a bazillion overrides
    And how strict is the SRL-6 only rule? There is some (inactive, behind compiler directives) code using Aerolib and it'd be a PITA to remove it.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    How important is using the GE?
    That depends on if there's others competing in that prize pool and their performance.

And how strict is the SRL-6 only rule?
    Very, only the following should be called:
    • SRL6
    • SMART

+ SPS if you want it

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

And custom plugins? Or connecting the internet?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

And custom plugins?
    Currently would say no.

Or connecting the internet?
    Should be fine, ofcourse providing it's not being used to break/circumvent other rules.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

And custom plugins? Or connecting the internet?
    What about a custom simba version
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

This message was pmed to all who've explicitly stated that they're interested in submitting a script for this, incase there's anybody else out there that hasn't said anything (I doubt it) here's the message.

the message

Hi,

Submissions are due by February 1st, if you're submitting a script please do so by then. Whatever is submitted will be considered a draft, I will test them all myself within the first week after the submission deadline and let you know what happened. In order to ensure things go relatively smoothly, you will have 2 weeks after that first week to make any necessary changes to the draft (the draft must be submitted by Feb 1st). After that time period is over, I will be sending the scripts to the judges (3 judges per person) with the highest total experience gained within 12 hours being your score for the primary objectives.

what's happening

• Draft version due by Feb 1st
    • Feedback from me due by Feb 8th
    • Final version [if changing anything] due by Feb 22nd //right after double exp weekend ends
    • Judging starts

e: due to this change http://services.runescape.com/m=news...community_news judging starts after that (27th feb), and so final version can be submitted by then instead of the 22nd. //Mainly just in case there's script breaking graphical differences during that time period, the exp rates wouldn't be different for f2p
    Last edited by acow; 02-15-2017 at 08:52 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

@acow would you mind updating OP with entries now that it's past the deadline? And maybe post beside the entries what kind of script was entered?
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

@acow would you mind updating OP with entries now that it's past the deadline? And maybe post beside the entries what kind of script was entered?
    Just came here to do something like that a pm will also be sent out shortly

btw, after testing is completed the entries will be submitted publicly unless their authors prefer that didn't occur http://i.imgur.com/AG7696X.png

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information