Thread: Nico Rosberg retiring from Formula One

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Default Nico Rosberg retiring from Formula One

Not sure how many people follow F1 much on this forum, but it's the main sport that I am in to. Nico Rosberg just won the world championship last week, is 31 years old, and has a 2 year $30+ mill contract left with Mercedes AMG and he just announced he's retiring. This is literally unheard of in F1/Racing.

http://www.espn.com/f1/story/_/id/18...nt-formula-one
    Last edited by Kyle; 12-02-2016 at 03:53 PM.
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Prost dipped after winning the championship in '93.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quoted
    532 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olly View Post
    Prost dipped after winning the championship in '93.
    True. But that was his 4th one, and towards the end of his career.
    “The long-lived and those who will die soonest lose the same thing. The present is all that they can give up, since that is all you have, and what you do not have, you cannot lose.” - Marcus Aurelius

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico Rosberg View Post
    "I pushed like crazy in all directions. I want to thank everyone who was involved, my family ... a lot of sacrifices. My wife, for example, at home; every time I was home, she understood that I needed to rest so I never did any nights, I didn't have to take after my daughter. Didn't do any nights, didn't do any difficult things, she was always there to support and make everything possible.

"That's one example of the commitment we all put into it. I've achieved this childhood dream, and I'm not willing to do that sort of commitment for another year, and I'm not interested in coming fourth or whatever. I'm a fighter, and I want to win. So I'm not interested to do that again, so I've decided to follow my heart, and my heart has told me to stop there and call it a day, do other things. It's been wonderful. It just feels right to me. I'm very, very excited. My wife Vivian is very excited to have her husband back, and I'm going to be dad again, which is going to be wonderful, so thanks very much for your support all these years. I'm cherishing the moment. It's absolutely awesome, all these experiences now, to share the success with all of you and with all the other people, it's been phenomenal."

I'd say he's livin' the dream and doing it well.

Thread Information