Thread: [IDEA!] Help me feed the poor with simba! :) [NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Lightbulb [IDEA!] Help me feed the poor with simba! :) [NO EXPERIENCE NEEDED]

So, I've toiled over an idea for a while with no real intention of implementing it; until I remembered it today and decided to throw a cheap and nasty script together to see if I could get somewhere with it.

Basically, there's a website called Freerice which allows a user to answer a simple question in exchange for 10 grains of rice (per question) being sent to a third world country. So I was thinking of ways to automate this process with Simba. I originally thought about using Simbas OCR capability to copy the question into google and extract the most common word in the results (which I found to be the correct answer most of the time). Then I thought about sitting up for a few days manually answering the questions and creating a DTM for literally every question in their database. This would be time consuming and resource consuming because of the amount of DTMs I'd need, not to mention that I'm not sure exactly how many questions they have.

In the end, I decided I'd better try SOMETHING rather than NOTHING. I fired up Simba and wrote out no more than 20 lines or so to simply click the first answer on the list repeatedly. To my surprise it went a lot faster than I'd expected and I was actually making some rice! So I was hoping with the help of such a forum, we could optimise this process and feed the poor with simba!

Any input is greatly appreciated and I hope at least a small percentage if not ONE of you would help me with this or at least adopt the exact same idea.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

There are lots of more efficient methods of feeding the poor than feeding them ten rice per click using simba. But nice though any way.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Answering the questions wouldn't really be a service to anybody, except perhaps to our own egos.

http://freerice.com/content-blog-pos...-much-freerice

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

You are better off just starting a goldfarm and donating the profit to a reputable charity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Answering the questions wouldn't really be a service to anybody, except perhaps to our own egos.

http://freerice.com/content-blog-pos...-much-freerice
    I see where you're coming from. Although a small number of automated answers can only boost the money going to the poor
    Only had good intentions in mind.

Thread Information