Thread: Bot Web Interface

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Default Bot Web Interface

Hi! I've been lurking here for a number of years, neither botting nor scripting alot, but I'm running out of fantay books to read during the weekend.. So instead I thought I'd combine two of my hobbies, Runescape and programming, and I'm doing it with Simba. This community seems more interested in the actual programming part of botting, and that appeals to me.

Anyway, what I'll be trying to do is a complete web interface for botting. I want to be able to control every part of my bot from the web. I want to see what it's doing at any given time, I want to be able to give it tasks, run different scripts, tell it when to do something in a certain script (breaking, farm runs etc.) Meaning I'll be running a woodcutting script and then getting told that my trees are done, so run the farming script before going back to woodcutting.

Since my background is in web development, I'll be doing as much of the logic as I can on the web side of things.

I'm not sure if someone done anything similar, I couldn't find it searching atleast, but I thought I'd share my progress with you here.

I haven't started yet, I'm still in the planning phase, but so far there's nothing that appears impossible, just alot of work.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Quoted
    327 Post(s)

Nice! Feel free to take a look at the MSI sub-forums for inspiration Looking forward to seeing your progreses

Link: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56614
    Last edited by Zyt3x; 12-11-2016 at 10:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zyt3x View Post
    Nice! Feel free to take a look at the MSI sub-forums for inspiration Looking forward to seeing your progreses

Link: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56614
    Oh, that looks interesting, I'll have to browse the thread.

I'll be starting with the web backend, basically setting up two API's, one for my frontend and one for my scripts to use, then I'll write a wrapper so that I can talk to the server in a pleasing manner. I'll probably have something to share this weekend.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    107 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Netzone View Post
    Hi! I've been lurking here for a number of years, neither botting nor scripting alot, but I'm running out of fantay books to read during the weekend.. So instead I thought I'd combine two of my hobbies, Runescape and programming, and I'm doing it with Simba. This community seems more interested in the actual programming part of botting, and that appeals to me.

Anyway, what I'll be trying to do is a complete web interface for botting. I want to be able to control every part of my bot from the web. I want to see what it's doing at any given time, I want to be able to give it tasks, run different scripts, tell it when to do something in a certain script (breaking, farm runs etc.) Meaning I'll be running a woodcutting script and then getting told that my trees are done, so run the farming script before going back to woodcutting.

Since my background is in web development, I'll be doing as much of the logic as I can on the web side of things.

I'm not sure if someone done anything similar, I couldn't find it searching atleast, but I thought I'd share my progress with you here.

I haven't started yet, I'm still in the planning phase, but so far there's nothing that appears impossible, just alot of work.
    Sounds great, I hope you'll success with this project!
    It would be really cool to have easy and FULL control of Simba scripts over web.

Looking forward to this in the future, please keep us up-to-date.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds difficult! Good luck. I've always imagined having a web front end for managing a set of scripts dynamically and for seeing reports but didn't think it was very possible to do. Looking forward to updates as I am curious as to your approach!

Thread Information