Thread: Alt banned

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Default Alt banned

Hi all,

Just thought I would post this.

My alt was banned recently using an unfinished potion script (color) that I made.

The only other scripts it used was a power mining script (color) for about 30min and a reflection mining script about 2 or 3 months ago.

Unsure if it was a delayed ban from the reflection bot, or if it was a ban from the unfinished potion maker (as Jagex frown on gold farming).

Anyway, just thought I would post in the event that someone was wanting to make an unfinished potion maker.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    97 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Hi all,

My alt was banned recently using an unfinished potion script (color) that I made.

The only other scripts it used was a power mining script (color) for about 30min and a reflection mining script about 2 or 3 months ago.

Unsure if it was a delayed ban from the reflection bot, or if it was a ban from the unfinished potion maker (as Jagex frown on gold farming).

Anyway, just thought I would post in the event that someone was wanting to make an unfinished potion maker.
    Bots get banned all the time on osrs, wheares they don't seem to care as much as rs3. Just make a rs3 main and bot it up. At least you'll have a prolonged account.
    Why join the navy if you can be a pirate? -Steve Jobs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Is this with your serum maker? I've been using that as an aio unf pot maker pretty much (thanks btw) for a couple weeks now without issues. Are you running it aggressively, like loads of 10k pots at a time?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anoobis View Post
    Is this with your serum maker? I've been using that as an aio unf pot maker pretty much (thanks btw) for a couple weeks now without issues. Are you running it aggressively, like loads of 10k pots at a time?
    Nah that works pretty well and isn't used for gold farming so I don't think Jagex care about that.

I made a unfinished potion maker specifically to do a little gold generation to fund future projects (im poor). Works flawlessly lol, but I think I might have ran it a bit long and didn't swap skills, add antiban etc. There is probs a good reason as to why I was banned

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

It was the unf maker, without a doubt (given what you've said above).

That's been a commonly botted [and banned for] activity since osrs came out (well, more so ~summer of 2013 when the bans really started)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    It was the unf maker, without a doubt (given what you've said above).

That's been a commonly botted [and banned for] activity since osrs came out (well, more so ~summer of 2013 when the bans really started)
    Ahh damn. Should make an index of activities and their ban rates lol.

Trying to figure out a lower risk way of botting some wealth so I can make more scripts or at least cover members.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Ahh damn. Should make an index of activities and their ban rates lol.

Trying to figure out a lower risk way of botting some wealth so I can make more scripts or at least cover members.
    osrs is a bit more saturated w/ bot competition... iirc orb charging & agility (marks of grace) were solid low req moneymakers that go together well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    84 Post(s)

Hi all,

i wish i saved the source, but this week i read a Modpost talking about bans, saying that usually on the first ban its temp if it was for skills, but perm for farming.

Bad luck mate. If we can rule out the sterics of the script, then it makes me wonder if rotating to other activities wouldve saved it.

In the end, goodluck on the next acc. hope it wasnt too serious of a blow for you

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolskilla View Post
    i wish i saved the source, but this week i read a Modpost talking about bans, saying that usually on the first ban its temp if it was for skills, but perm for farming.

Bad luck mate. If we can rule out the sterics of the script, then it makes me wonder if rotating to other activities wouldve saved it.

In the end, goodluck on the next acc. hope it wasnt too serious of a blow for you
    Yeah wasn't too big a deal.

I think changing between farming and skilling might help. Would certainly be worth testing out at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

I've been delayed ban before for using osbot for a few hours and it was just 3 days later. I don't think Jagex would delay a ban for over 2 weeks so I would bet on the unf pot maker. Also I've botted unfinished pots before and was fine, so maybe was just bad luck or as you said, maybe you ran it a bit too long

Thread Information