Thread: Keep getting banned

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Default Keep getting banned

Had a couple of runecrafting accounts which ran for months without getting banned, had a lot of 99's. I stopped them over the summer when I didn't have time, and started them back up for this semester but were both banned in like 2 days. I didn't think much of it, I thought either the area was being watched now, or that they'd simply met their end.

But I started a new main account, and wrote a gold farming script so that I could fund it, and that gold farming account just got perm'ed. I was also using some combat scripts (without looting) on my main, and it just got temp'ed with a Bot Busting.

I can't tell if I'm being tracked now or what but when I could previously bot for weeks, I am getting caught in a matter of days. Any ideas? My main wasn't even running on my desktop, and I'm currently in a different location for break (and using a laptop), so I'm not sure if it's a cache issue or not. Any ideas on what's going on? Also, didn't Citrus also have a similar problem?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Yeah, sounds like what happened to me. They banned accounts that I didn't even bot on. If I made a new account they'd ban it as soon as I bought a bond. Haven't really botted since.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    Yeah, sounds like what happened to me. They banned accounts that I didn't even bot on. If I made a new account they'd ban it as soon as I bought a bond. Haven't really botted since.
    Did you try anything to get off of jagex's radar?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Did you try anything to get off of jagex's radar?
    I probably could have, but no. I was busy with other things anyway when it happened, so the timing worked out.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    I probably could have, but no. I was busy with other things anyway when it happened, so the timing worked out.
    Ah gotcha, and damn shame, would've been nice info to know about. I've still yet to be so blatantly flagged by jagex.

Btw, you know where you wouldn't need to bond an account? In the srl6 competition

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    Btw, you know where you wouldn't need to bond an account? In the srl6 competition
    So subtle
    I would participate, but the timing is bad. I'm moving soon and probably won't be able to do anything Simba-related for a while.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Have you cleared your cache, changed your IP and tried working from a different computer?
    I haven't cleared my cache before, but I was just confused why I got banned on a laptop that I don't normally. Now that I think about it, I may have been flagged much earlier when I ran a simple script on my main on my desktop. Different IP doesn't seem to change anything. Another possibility is that my mule has been compromised, but not sure if that's the answer.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    I haven't cleared my cache before, but I was just confused why I got banned on a laptop that I don't normally. Now that I think about it, I may have been flagged much earlier when I ran a simple script on my main on my desktop. Different IP doesn't seem to change anything. Another possibility is that my mule has been compromised, but not sure if that's the answer.
    Are you logging in on the same IP address with your main, as you are with the other accounts that are being banned?

Go through the steps of changing your IP, clearing your cache etc and create a new account/bot on it without logging into your main account and see what the ban rate is like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Are you logging in on the same IP address with your main, as you are with the other accounts that are being banned?

Go through the steps of changing your IP, clearing your cache etc and create a new account/bot on it without logging into your main account and see what the ban rate is like.
    You can easily change your internal ip address but do they even look at this or are they looking at your external ip? As far as I know your ISP controls that unless you disconnect your router/modem for x amount of hours/days depending on the lease.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzKrieger View Post
    You can easily change your internal ip address but do they even look at this or are they looking at your external ip? As far as I know your ISP controls that unless you disconnect your router/modem for x amount of hours/days depending on the lease.
    Or you connect via a VPN. Send the packets through a private network then to Runescape.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

It would be worth clearing your cache and trying for a new IP address, most ISP lease times aren't too bad if you were able to turn your modem off overnight it would probably do the trick. I think my ISP has a 4 hour lease.
    Sleeping...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Not sure I can change my IP when I'm at Uni, but I have a VPN I guess I could through around. I think it's mostly likely a cache problem, I'll clear it and start all over.

Thread Information