Thread: Talking to your bot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default Talking to your bot?

I looking into small time botting on a 2nd account on a 2nd computer but I was wounding if talking to and from it would help make my bot look less like a bot or i'm i just wasting my time? I'm looking to just use it for the normal things (mining, WC, fishing) but I would be sending the items/gold to my main account. So before trading would talking to and from my bot account help any? I'm just think someone walking up to me and trading 15k logs without saying anything would cause some red flags on my main account. I know about the "How not to look like a bot" stuff like questing and leveling but I've never seen anyone talk about talking to or from the bot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bladezz View Post
    I looking into small time botting on a 2nd account on a 2nd computer but I was wounding if talking to and from it would help make my bot look less like a bot or i'm i just wasting my time? I'm looking to just use it for the normal things (mining, WC, fishing) but I would be sending the items/gold to my main account. So before trading would talking to and from my bot account help any? I'm just think someone walking up to me and trading 15k logs without saying anything would cause some red flags on my main account. I know about the "How not to look like a bot" stuff like questing and leveling but I've never seen anyone talk about talking to or from the bot.
    You could if you want, but I personally don't believe it's as risky as you make it out to be.
    A lot of goldfarmers on other forums have said that it really doesn't matter. They just trade the items over, anything else is unnecessary and may work against you (like Duel Arena transfers).
    A while ago, I suicided lobsters on around 100 accounts or so, before I got sidetracked. They all traded my mule for supplies and traded the lobsters right back pretty frequently... I'm not sure on the exact numbers, but I think I traded something like 70k lobsters to that account, and a whole lot of cowhide and leather before that as well.
    Needless to say, the mule is still up. It's like a level 7 too.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

The only thing this could *possibly* help with is avoiding other players reporting you. But why would they in the first place?
    There are a million reasons why an account could transfer items to another without having ingame conversation (friends talking on voice chat for instance).

It would be silly, inefficient, and simply bad business for Jagex to have their bans influenced by circumstantial stuff like this.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Complete waste of time, imo. It's not like they're spending time looking through chatlogs going "hmmm well he did say 'hey u want some free st00f dude?' before trading, lets not ban him".
    Quote Originally Posted by Neodymium View Post
    snip
    You suicided 100 accounts on lobsters and ended up with 70k lobsters botted in total?

e:
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarity View Post
    The only thing this could *possibly* help with is avoiding other players reporting you. But why would they in the first place?
    Tbh it'd probably increase the chance of being reported.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    You suicided 100 accounts on lobsters and ended up with 70k lobsters botted in total?
    Right. My rates were pretty bad, I think I was getting something like 200/hr...
    I had to estimate from what I think I made though, I'm really not sure because I don't really want to tally up the logs.
    It was more of a stability test than anything else, really.

Edit: I just looked up the banks on my mules, I think it was closer to 100-110k. But regardless...

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

I think it can help (against user reports), and it definitely doesn't harm to do so.

A way I've done it in the past (not really needed as you can pause the bot ofc): Add query box that's toggled up on some key-combo, where you would input text that your bot will then write in the chat. This is also nice to have if you are around when some random "stranger" talks to your bot, could stop it from being reported, that is without having to pause or stop it.

I see some say that it would probably _increase_ the chance of being reported, idk why they say that, I see no obvious reason for that. Say, you meet up with your bot, chat for a little while with it, trade, and leave.. then it goes back to doing whatever. Like if people spotted that conversation, I'd doubt they'd report your bot anytime soon.

This will halt the bot (pause it) when keycombo is pressed, so you don't have to pause it in any other way, so you can easily take control over it (walk it to wherever you are).
    Simba Code:
    const
      CHATCOMB = [VK_CONTROL, VK_SHIFT, VK_I]; //three keys.

{==============================================================================]
    |Call this in your main loop
    |Note:
    | The reason it checks each key three times in diff order is to ensure that all
    | the keys are down at the same time.
    | This is to work around a limitation of Simba's IsKeyDown function which caches
    | the keys pressed until the function is called (aka the key doesn't have to be down)
    [==============================================================================}

procedure CheckForUserinput();
    var output: String;
    begin
      if IsKeyDown(CHATCOMB[0]) and IsKeyDown(CHATCOMB[1]) and IsKeyDown(CHATCOMB[2]) and
         IsKeyDown(CHATCOMB[2]) and IsKeyDown(CHATCOMB[0]) and IsKeyDown(CHATCOMB[1]) and
         IsKeyDown(CHATCOMB[1]) and IsKeyDown(CHATCOMB[2]) and IsKeyDown(CHATCOMB[0]) then
      begin
        InputQuery('Chat message', 'Chat:', output);
        WriteLn(output); //replace with chatbox.send(output) or whatever it's called
      end;
    end;

begin
      repeat
        CheckForUserinput();
      until False;
    end.
    Extending on the note in the code, if this is not done, and you pretty much sequentially (in any order) presses "ctrl" "shift" and "i" the query box will pop up.
    Simba should export both GetAsyncKeyState, and GetKeyState so that we can work around it as the correct thing for IsKeyDown is to use GetAsyncKeyState, instead of GetKeyState, and Simba doesn't really use GetKeyState correctly anyway.

Happy coding!

Edit: This reminds me when I just for fun sake connected my bot to cleverbot, it would talk as long as someone else was talking (while power-mining), people talked back as if it was human..
    it was ridiculous to watch, so much random gibberish, out of context talking.. and people talked back to it.. It said the dumbest shit like "Do you play RuneScape?", lol. PS: Blocked out any text that contained "cleverbot".
    Last edited by slacky; 01-06-2017 at 11:03 AM.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slacky View Post
    lol, that's hilarious. I wonder if cleverbot would scale or people would catch on, would be hilarious to see in action either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

It wouldn't make a difference really, unless you're muling in not so populated places and you think someone would report you. Just stick to the g.e. crowd and you'll be fine.

Thread Information