Thread: Raspberry pie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Default Raspberry pie

Hey guys, I was wondering if you could run simba on a raspberry pie?
    I'm planning to buy one and it would be perfect and cheap if I could goldfarm with raspberry pies
    I can't seem to find an answer though so I'm just posting it here.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

In theory yes and I believe @Dgby714; has managed to (at least on a ARM board). But I don't believe anyones managed/attempted to see if any of the plugins the includes rely on work on ARM though and you'd have to fix any bugs and add any missing features simba on linux has.

tl:dr: if you have enough time and knowledge, yes but not out of the box.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

I did launch OSRS (unofficial launcher) on a pi, it ran at 5 fps. Not worth a try.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    620 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    I did launch OSRS (unofficial launcher) on a pi, it ran at 5 fps. Not worth a try.
    Rpi3 should be able to get much higher than that.
    #slack4admin2016
    <slacky> I will build a wall
    <slacky> I will ban reflection and OGL hooking until we know what the hell is going on

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

5 fps (3 frames per game tick) by itself really isn't as bad as that ("not worth a try") for botting, I've done it before successfully for rs3.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

What model? As Harrier said, the Pi 3 is much more powerful than earlier models and could probably pull a larger load.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KeepBotting View Post
    What model? As Harrier said, the Pi 3 is much more powerful than earlier models and could probably pull a larger load.
    The latest model, I havent bought a raspberry pi yet.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

I just ran OSRS on the RPi-3 Model B. It runs at full speed. In fact, my CPU usage isn't even 50% and the RAM usage is 130MB. I'd say that's not bad at all. Might even be able to run 2. With SMART, you'd also be able to turn OFF Graphics-Rendering and that'd make it use less resources and speed it up considerably as well. I haven't seen any lag but I'm stuck on tutorial island so maybe that's why.

However, RS3 legit killed it. I get past loading screen but can't get to the login screen (might be throwing an exception somewhere in my code). I'll have to investigate it.

This is Java btw. I'd more than likely assume NXT would run way better and use considerably less resources but knowing Jagex.. it'd probably use all lol. Have NOT tested Simba (too lazy to compile).

http://i.imgur.com/RnDpt2s.png
    Last edited by Brandon; 12-31-2016 at 09:07 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Thread Information