Hello everyone, i have been gone for a while but have still been lurking around the forums. I just recently got back into programming after getting inspired by a math class. After dabbling in making games i have gotten interested in the challenge of cheating in them again. The reason being is that i have found that you have to learn ALOT to be able to cheat.

I started to look into memory management and watch some tutorials on DirectX and OGL hooking, which led me into looking into how memory works, which led me into what the code looks like to do some of these things, which led me into trying to decipher a lot of the code.

My question for you guys is, where should i start? I would like to have a somewhat sequential list of steps to follow that way when i move on to the next subject i wont be completely lost. My main interest is botting. I would also like to get into creating a few hacks that you see in some FPS's like the ESP wall hack. So that should give a little background on where to direct me (If you take the time to do so)

On a side note, does anyone know how to make cheat engine undetectable? I have read a few things about making it run from kernal ring 0. But that seems very complex and hard to do. Somewhere else i read that you can download the binary and change a few function names and maybe the name of the program itself, but the only binaries that they have for cheat engine are older versions. If you guys know of a less well known program like cheat engine that is'nt so easily detectable i would be very interested.