Thread: SMART detectability

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Default SMART detectability

I have recently learned that even the SMART client can be detected despite using color bot only, which got me a bit worried. I know this was already asked hundreds of times, but every time the response is search the forums and I always arrive back at the same answers. Can someone with better searching skills link the posts where the detectability is explained?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but: https://villavu.com/forum/showthread...29#post1300129

Essentially I think the consensus is that every client out there is detectable, they just aren't detecting them because it doesn't serve them too much benefit. They don't want to perma ban people who just try things once - it's bad for their revenue stream. It seems like they'd rather let a few people slip under the radar for a little while, as to not lose paying members, but will not hesitate to ban serious offenders and goldfarmers. Some members on this forum will receive perma bans as soon as a new account buys membership. They have the capability of shutting everyone down, but they don't impose it with an iron fist.

Smart has historically not been a target of client detection and bans, most likely because we're a much smaller community who probably don't abuse the system as much. If you have a good script, with plenty of antiban that doesn't get stuck places for hours, on an account that isn't level 3 with one skill trained and no quests completed, using SMART will probably not get you banned for a while.

However, there have been rumblings lately that bans have been increasing. Conjecture points to the fact that the majority of legit players use NXT while all of the bots still use the Java clients. So it would make sense from Jagex's perspective that if an account gets reported, and it shows signs of macroing on the Java client, then it most likely is a bot. We don't know that for sure right now, but it seems possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Never mind, just got perm banned... Sucks majorly, but maybe at least now I'll quit rs for good.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    110 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmare View Post
    Never mind, just got perm banned... Sucks majorly, but maybe at least now I'll quit rs for good.
    Doesn't work.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GetHyper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gmare View Post
    Doesn't work.
    Vouch hard for this... tried many times

I just think it is so weird though, I will be botting something skill related on my main, and a money making method on a low level alt. Alt gets banned, main is always fine. I guess jagex does let some botters slip through the cracks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jstemper View Post

I just think it is so weird though, I will be botting something skill related on my main, and a money making method on a low level alt. Alt gets banned, main is always fine. I guess jagex does let some botters slip through the cracks
    It's weird, I haven't even botted for a long time now, I played myself. Now I started to research it a bit and even talk about it because I found out my other account was banned. I was running Scob's fishing script with customized antiban to behave like I usually do (afk a lot, be inefficient) and that was ran for a couple of hours in total. I didn't babysit all the time, but it worked fine in the past and worked ok now too. Checked again, banhammer already struck, got perm ban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jstemper View Post

It's weird, I haven't even botted for a long time now, I played myself. Now I started to research it a bit and even talk about it because I found out my other account was banned. I was running Scob's fishing script with customized antiban to behave like I usually do (afk a lot, be inefficient) and that was ran for a couple of hours in total. I didn't babysit all the time, but it worked fine in the past and worked ok now too. Checked again, banhammer already struck, got perm ban.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have experienced this recently, too. But only on accounts that I logged into OSRS/RS3 with. If you abstain from playing on those games with a botted/linked acct, you won't be banned.

Thread Information