Thread: RPG MO difficulties

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Question RPG MO difficulties

RPG MO is available on multiple platforms. I'm trying to work with the Windows 10 app from the app store.

Problem 1
    To view the inventory, you just need to move the mouse over an icon and it pops up automatically. MoveMouse(x,y) does not trigger this though. It moves, but the inventory does not pop up. If I nudge the physical mouse, then it does.

You can also left click the icon to get it to open/close manually. ClickMouse(x, y, mouse_Left) does not trigger this either. However, if I do a ClickMouse(x, y, mouse_Right), that pops up a submenu (not the inventory) as it should.

Problem 2
    I created a Bitmap with BitmapFromString() using the Tools->Bitmap Conversion utility. This was from a screen capture using Windows Snipping Tool. However, FindBitmap() never finds it, and neither does FindBitmapToleranceIn(), no matter how high I set the tolerance. It's in the same script where MoveMouse moves the mouse, so I know it's targeting the correct client window.

Any ideas? Could these problems be related? I've only scripted for browsers before, not a windows app, so maybe it's that? Or an issue with Win10?

Thanks!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

I just downloaded the standalone app on W7. moveMouse() works fine for me, even if the game window is behind the Simba window.
    As for the second issue, I've never used findBitmap(), so I don't know what the problem would be. I think you'd be better of with a DTM or better yet some simple findColors().

edit: this game is terrible
    Last edited by Citrus; 01-10-2017 at 03:39 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Citrus View Post
    edit: this game is terrible
    lol. I know. I just like that it's not browser based.

MoveMouse moves the mouse, but didn't pop up the inventory automtically. ClickMouse didn't work with a left click on the inventory icon at all either. Did the inventory pop up for you?

I was using a bitmap because I wanted to know when inventory is full. If you enable mods on the game, it has the inventory count overlaid the inventory icon so I was checking when it said 0/0 (which means no more empty slots) I'm not sure how I could do the same with a DTM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mtester View Post
    MoveMouse moves the mouse, but didn't pop up the inventory automtically. ClickMouse didn't work with a left click on the inventory icon at all either. Did the inventory pop up for you?
    Yes, it popped up.

It looks like the text is slightly transparent, which will make it harder to find. I'd just look at the slots themselves to see if they're all full.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for looking, Citrus. Appreciate it. It must be a Win10 thing stopping it from functioning correctly. That, or perhaps a combination with it being from the app store, perhaps the way they are handled though I can't imagine it'd be any different. I can specify the exact coordinates for the inventory, and it moves, but doesn't open it, unless I do a right click. But even if I do that, I need a left click to work elsewhere. I'll update here if I figure something out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Question

OK, update. Still can't get it to recognize a bitmap, but using keyboard commands works fine, as do using Mouse move/click functions.

This is essentially the code, with other things removed, for debugging. If you notice the value in bold red, at 441 it does not detect the image at all when it shows. If I change it to one number higher, 442, then it falsely detects it every time it runs through.

What are the possible issues of why it won't detect?

Code:
    // beginning of the program, declaration of variables, misc procedures to load/free resources etc
    // Excerpt for the captcha variable used below.
    var captcha: integer;
    captcha := BitmapFromString(314, 92, 'allthetextcharactersforthebitmap');

begin
      ActivateClient;
      LoadBitmaps;
      repeat
        if(FindBitmapToleranceIn(captcha,x,y, 350, 200, 900, 500, 441)) then
        begin
          PlaySound('C:\Bin\Simba\Scripts\eagle_spot.wav');
          Wait(5000);
        end
      until false;
      FreeAllBitmaps;
    end.
    Here is the actual bitmap:
    captcha.png

Thanks,
    Last edited by mtester; 01-26-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

why not open the inventory with a key press

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bulbasaur View Post
    why not open the inventory with a key press
    I am now, for most everything. The trick is when inventory gets full, getting it to automatically do the next thing, which needs a bitmap, but the tolerance seems all messed up. I'm wondering if it's a windows 10 thing. I tried logging in through FireFox as well, and the same issues persist. So either there is something with the game itself, or with Windows 10. I haven't tried through an older OS.

Thread Information