Thread: Main just got banned, lost multiple years old account botting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Angry Main just got banned, lost multiple years old account botting.

The title says it all. Just lost upwards of 20 mill gp and was a few mill off 100 mill xp. I don't know what I am going to do. Was working on multiple releases but with no main or alts I'm screwed. Unless I somehow get my account back I got nothing and don't really plan on doing all the small things all over again.

How I got banned is hard to say but I would suspect it was from the AIO Woodcutter other than that I ran his AIO Fisher. I'm trying to remember anything else. I did the herblore cleaner for a few thousand of those. I did red chins for about 2 hours 3 days ago. I don't recall anything else. Well, this sucks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Total time running per day? Were you doing it somewhere you could be singled out and manually reported? Also permed on first offence? Thought they usually 2 dayed unless they thought you were goldfarming.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anoobis View Post
    Total time running per day? Were you doing it somewhere you could be singled out and manually reported? Also permed on first offence? Thought they usually 2 dayed unless they thought you were goldfarming.
    I was doing teaks woodcutting so it was possible for me to get singled out there but not when I am fishing. I was running probably around 10-12 hours a day with breaks, fishing 6-8(overnight) usually me playing during the day working on scripts. They did give me a 2-day ban for my first offence but that was a year ago Thought they woul

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

I have no pity since you were being reckless. If you decide to give it another go, hopefully you won't make the same mistakes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbia View Post
    I have no pity since you were being reckless. If you decide to give it another go, hopefully you won't make the same mistakes.
    Doesn't look like I will be. There were definitly tons of days where I would only play 2 hours tho and not bot over night. I'm mostly bummed I won't be able to release all the scripts I had been working on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

General rule is if you've been banned for bot busting moderate and get the 2-day, don't bot again

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by the henhead View Post
    General rule is if you've been banned for bot busting moderate and get the 2-day, don't bot again
    Yeah I didn't know this. I thought it was like a time based thing, like you can get multiple 2 days bans if they are spread out over a few years. Now I know!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Fishing and woodcutting both have extremely high ban rates lol you shouldn't have botted them in the first place.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IMayoboeiI View Post
    Fishing and woodcutting both have extremely high ban rates lol you shouldn't have botted them in the first place.
    I would have to disagree with this a lot. Botting certain areas of fishing and woodcutting, YES. But doing barb fishing and teak logs would not be high spots for bans from my understanding on how there bot detection works.

Thread Information