Poll: Your OSRS client settings?

Thread: OSRS: How do you play?

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Default OSRS: How do you play?

Hi everyone. I'd like a little feedback on how everyone prefers to play OSRS legitimately, excluding botting and the use of SMART. This can be your graphical settings for PvP/PvM or simple skilling, whether you're using a fixed client size or you've gone to a bigger size and use the re-sizable mode. If you do use re-sizable, are you using a translucent chatbox & right-side interface? The more feedback the better!

In case you're wondering why, I'm surveying to see if it's worth the effort to move AeroLib into the (dynamic) direction of handling the re-sizable client mode. I'm not saying I will or even if I can, I'm only curious at this point.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Mostly fixed, every once in a while I'll play resizable standard settings.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Sounds great, it would make sense that Jagex would take into account if a character flagged for botting has "the bot settings" such as fixed, full brightness, default scroll distance etc.
    I personally use resizeable with zoom all the way out and brightness on second highest, everything else set to default although I occasionally hide the chat box.
    Sleeping...

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Thanks for the feedback everyone, keep those votes coming in. I'll probably be posting this on Sythe as well to get some more traffic and result.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

When I play, I just use the default botting settings on OSBuddy (default zoom, max brightness, non re-sizable)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I also just play using the default bot settings (max brightness fixed default zoom) - it's how I got used to seeing the game. Since I sometimes do actions pausing and starting the bot it'd just be confusing to keep swapping. On the note of jagex detecting a change in settings i imagine a lot of regular players used fixed settings for efficiency when doing skilling/training etc, moving onto their preferred settings when actively playing bossing/pking etc.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

I'm kinda surprised more people don't play manually in a larger, re-sizable screen. I've been working on making a separate version of AL that adapts to any size window and let me tell you, it's a real pain however it can be done with relative coordinates vs static. Just very time consuming...

Current projects:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

If i'm not botting.. OSbuddy resized maximum.. (this is rare...)

but.. why would the include cover what we legitimately play? wouldn't you be interested in. whats desired botting? if such the fixed/stock smart size it great.. i can have 4 bots fully visible on one screen

<------------------>

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AFools View Post
    If i'm not botting.. OSbuddy resized maximum.. (this is rare...)

but.. why would the include cover what we legitimately play? wouldn't you be interested in. whats desired botting? if such the fixed/stock smart size it great.. i can have 4 bots fully visible on one screen
    Because it's possible client graphics settings play a role in macro detection. And much more possible the loaded client itself plays a roll, so this question (as well as this version of the include) excludes SMART completely.

Current projects:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

You can also look at all of the big YouTubers, it seems that pretty much all of them will play with the default fixed size, and use OSBuddy or Orion.

Personally I have my client with default size on one side, and some sort of video or webpage on the other.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dissimulo View Post
    You can also look at all of the big YouTubers, it seems that pretty much all of them will play with the default fixed size, and use OSBuddy or Orion.

Personally I have my client with default size on one side, and some sort of video or webpage on the other.
    Second that, it makes great for doing semi-afkable methods such as smithing or fletching while watching youtube or series. Tbh I don't know of a single friend of mine that'd use resizeable, maybe on RS3 though....

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I personally always stuck to fixed mode as that was what I was familiar with, never used resizable even in pre-eoc. Though all I ever really did when playing legit was pk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I think PVMers use re-sizable way more than pkers, pkers seem to prefer fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

ofc, fixed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

I've been using the botting setting ( fixed,full brightness, standard zoom ) for over 10 years.
    It was always my prefered interface setting , even while not botting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

I play on a 34 inch 3440x1440 monitor and most of the time i'm just playing on fixed (when afk'ing) because I have a shit ton of windows open at the same time.
    Even if I want to play on resizable fullscreen I really can't because the fps is horrible on this res.

Thread Information