Thread: Borland_Salamanders

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Default Borland_Salamanders

Intro
    Hunts the Green Salamanders (Swamp Lizards) in the Morytanian swamps.
    100% Color. AeroLib.

Setup

- Items
    A rope and net per trap you'll want setup.
    Best to double up in case of fails/connection loss etc..

Both the spots marked above have been thoroughly tested, script works for hours on end.
    Eastern spot is better due to closeness of trees.

Settings

- In Game

Have your camera zoomed all the way out.
    Have your NPC attack options to 'always right click'

- In Script
    TreesToUse: Choose between setting 1, 2 or 3 depending on your level.
    LizardsToCatch: Choose how many lizards you want to catch, script will stop when reached.

Regular progress reports:
    Code:
    ---------------- Proggy ----------------
    |--Script Ran For     : 2:40:40
    |--Lizards Caught     : 912
    |--Experience Gained  : 138624
    |--Experience Per Hour: 51755
    ------------------ End -----------------
    If there's any demand for it, I'll get round to adding Red Salamander support too.

Recently back to RS. This is my first script release in a few years. First OSRS release. So...
    Any feedback welcome.

{ Version 2 }
    -Improved setup trap accuracy.
    -Improved starting camera angle.
    -Fixed bug where script wouldn't stop correctly if using less than 3 trees.
    -Frequency of Antiban now scales with the number of tree's you're using more realistically.

{ Version 2.1 }
    -Shift click releasing
    -Slight mousing improvement.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

I'll download and run as soon as I get home tonight!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Fantastic release mate.

I am unable to test (due to banned acc) but the script looks solid. Great standards as well (and the color!!!).

Nice work

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Looks beautiful, will give this a run sometime next week

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

This looks great, will give it a test once I get my hunter level up. Also did you used to be a mod here or a dev at another community a while ago? I seem to remember seeing your name around a lot way back.
    Sleeping...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Ran and watched for like 20 minutes (2 traps):

---------------- Proggy ----------------
    |--Script Ran For : 0:23:13
    |--Lizards Caught : 68
    |--Experience Gained : 10336
    |--Experience Per Hour: 26709
    ------------------ End -----------------

I really like the trap and tree detection

- Human imitation: Mouse speeds are a bit fast, lots of mousemovement around the tree trying to find uptext when trying to setup on a tree.
    - Antiban and AFKness: Personally when I do hunter, I make sure all my traps are up, then switch to another tab, then check back in like 7-15 seconds, sort everything out and repeat. Probably will need more antiban features and randomness in places (things like WaitEx and Gaussian randomness).
    - Crashed: You have the ability to see if the spot has been crashed, a world switcher could be a possibility.
    - Caught lizards: Maybe a better way to count the number of caught lizards and XP would be counting them during the dropping procedure?
    - Ghasts: Health checking.
    - End of script: Script didn't terminate properly once it hit my catch limit.
    Last edited by Dissimulo; 01-24-2017 at 05:45 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Appreciate you taking time to provide some feedback

Mouse speeds are a bit fast, lots of mousemovement around the tree trying to find uptext when trying to setup on a tree.
    Funny enough I was worried it was a bit too slow. I use my own custom mouse functions for scripts, switched them out for the AeroLib ones before releasing. I created my functions to best mimic how I mouse, which is a lot quicker and more chaotic than the current. Happy to lower them slightly next release if people do feel it's too quick. As for the inaccurate setup mousing, it should only occur on the first setup due to the awkward click areas when not near the empty tree, where actual tree pixels aren't within the click box.

Antiban and AFKness
    Again, when scripting I try to copy how I actually train the skill, within reason and accuracy. In my script, there is no AntiBan, never use any form of it. If I was, I'd only check my exp (so I included the default function for it). The antiban and Drop functions should only be called when all traps are setup. I could make it break out those functions if the status of a trap changes, but with 3 traps I was finding it very common that there'd never be a window for dropping, it has to mostly be called from inventory count check.

Crashed, a world switcher could be a possibility.
    This was originally within the function plan, but I never got crashed once in the many hours I was there, so didn't bother in the end.

Ghasts: Health checking
    The ghasts shouldn't damage you faster than the heal rate within game. After a certain period of time they lose their aggression. In the western spot, they never hit at all. I was never down more than 3hp at any given time. I'm not sure if they hit harder at lower levels, is this the case?

Script didn't terminate properly once it hit my catch limit.
    It should collect the remaining traps without setting up any more, once all traps are collected it'll log out and terminate. Did it collect and then not terminate? Not collect at all?

I know it may seem like I'm bagging on your feedback at points there. My intention was to provide some context for reasons behind decisions. If you disagree please let me know. I mean that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

After a certain period of time they lose their aggression. I'm not sure if they hit harder at lower levels, is this the case?
    Yeah, any low levels could probably just babysit the first 15 minutes, and have some cheap food in the first slot to get rotted. I think max hit is 3?

I never got crashed once in the many hours I was there
    I hopped to 10 other worlds, no one else. I guess I'm still used to when green salamanders was a moneymaking method.

Did it collect and then not terminate? Not collect at all?
    It collects and then just stands there. I'm only using 2 trees, I'm not sure if that affects the procedure. Maybe set Tree[1].Empty := True; instead of Tree[1].Setup := True; during setup?
    Edit: That fucks up the idling and thus the dropping, I'll test some more.
    Edit2:
    Simba Code:
    case TreesToUse of
        1: begin
             Tree[0].InUse := True;
             Tree[1].Setup := True;
             Tree[1].Empty := True;
             Tree[2].Setup := True;
             Tree[2].Empty := True;
           end;
        2: begin
            Tree[0].InUse := True;
            Tree[1].Empty := True;
            Tree[1].Setup := True;
            Tree[2].InUse := True;
           end;
        3: for i := 0 to TreesToUse-1 do
             Tree[i].InUse := True;
        else
          StopScript('Invalid setting: TreesToUse, Select 1-3');
      end;

I know it may seem like I'm bagging on your feedback at points there. My intention was to provide some context for reasons behind decisions. If you disagree please let me know. I mean that
    No it's all good, what you are saying is correct. I'm not using the 3 traps and have some terrible ping, so things are a bit weird.
    Last edited by Dissimulo; 01-24-2017 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

I'm only using 2 trees, I'm not sure if that affects the procedure.
    Ahh, thanks for highlighting this bug, fixed as of Version 2 (now available).

The switch to the AeroLib mouse functions had affected the general accuracy of the script so much more than I thought. Should be better now (Although the first setup of empty tree's will always be a bit iffy simply due to RS mapping of the tree's clickable).

If it wasn't for your warning, I'd also have increased general MouseSpeed too lol. I'll keep it as is for now and take on further feedback.

-

Debated making an auto-updater but my laziness to do it outweighs the script users laziness to check for improvements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

works so well for a color bot, any plans on making a a red salamander one?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lizon View Post
    works so well for a color bot, any plans on making a a red salamander one?
    Thanks <3

Yeah, once I'm done with what I'm currently doing in game and come back round to maxing hunter, I'll be adding red sallys. If anyone wants to do it before then, the script as is can handle the 3 trees on the south western side of the altar. All that should need doing is grabbing the color data for the young trees there. Also a Red Sally DTM for dropping. After that, the fourth southern tree can be added.

Making and testing this script got me into the black chin levels so if that's what someone wants the levels for, this script gets it done fairly quick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

hey bro your script works exceptionally well. great job you've done

could you add orange salamander support (desert salamanders?) the script withdraws 3-4 sets of nets and ropes, rest 4 dosed waterskins and leaves 1 inv spot for hunt 1 drop 1 method.

Also red salamander support would be greatly appreciated ( as already suggested by someone above)

Thanks again bro

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunman82 View Post
    hey bro your script works exceptionally well. great job you've done

could you add orange salamander support (desert salamanders?) the script withdraws 3-4 sets of nets and ropes, rest 4 dosed waterskins and leaves 1 inv spot for hunt 1 drop 1 method.

Also red salamander support would be greatly appreciated ( as already suggested by someone above)

Thanks again bro
    You're welcome.

Have you checked if the script already partially works at oranges? It wont be able to release till you change SalaDTM to an orange one. If it can't find any trees then simply updating the MasterTree record with the correct color data will do it. Also at around line 830, change clickNorth; to setCompass(270);

The following should be a global salamander DTM, meaning it will match to any Salamander. Haven't tested it so do that before using:
    Simba Code:
    DTMFromString('mAAEAAHic42FgYChiguBmIG4B4nIgrgTiRiBuAOJaKL8UKr+dkYHhFBAfBOJtQHwaiPcB8U4ofQQqdwQq5mpjDLSFkWj8n4E0QLzJEIwMAKCcEMA=');

Overall, orange ones should be easy to add (I wouldn't add banking and walking though). Didn't know anyone used them as all the guides I read recommended skipping them entirely. Especially since you can only stay there for around an 1 hour 45 mins with 20 waterskins, so the time resetting will lower experience/hour a lot. I done a couple 6 hour log runs with this script before releasing, no hassle exp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

I don't think orange salamanders are worth the hassle, given the desert effect as well as greens being quite good XP. 29 to 53 is quite fast, at which point you can go hunt grey chins near lands end, due to it not being smothered in bots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dissimulo View Post
    I don't think orange salamanders are worth the hassle, given the desert effect as well as greens being quite good XP. 29 to 53 is quite fast, at which point you can go hunt grey chins near lands end, due to it not being smothered in bots.
    Taking your advice, i skipped orange salamanders entirely and am now hunting grey chins.. although im not sure if there are grey chins near lands end..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Borland View Post
    You're welcome.

Have you checked if the script already partially works at oranges? It wont be able to release till you change SalaDTM to an orange one. If it can't find any trees then simply updating the MasterTree record with the correct color data will do it. Also at around line 830, change clickNorth; to setCompass(270);

The following should be a global salamander DTM, meaning it will match to any Salamander. Haven't tested it so do that before using:
    Simba Code:
    DTMFromString('mAAEAAHic42FgYChiguBmIG4B4nIgrgTiRiBuAOJaKL8UKr+dkYHhFBAfBOJtQHwaiPcB8U4ofQQqdwQq5mpjDLSFkWj8n4E0QLzJEIwMAKCcEMA=');

Overall, orange ones should be easy to add (I wouldn't add banking and walking though). Didn't know anyone used them as all the guides I read recommended skipping them entirely. Especially since you can only stay there for around an 1 hour 45 mins with 20 waterskins, so the time resetting will lower experience/hour a lot. I done a couple 6 hour log runs with this script before releasing, no hassle exp.
    Thanks for your reply and help, but i took Dissimulo's advice and skipped orange salamanders entirely. Really looking forward to your red salamander script as im 60 hunter now Your green salamander script was extremely stable.. And please provide the option of adding 4 traps.. Thanks once again mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Thanks <3

Yeah, once I'm done with what I'm currently doing in game and come back round to maxing hunter, I'll be adding red sallys. If anyone wants to do it before then, the script as is can handle the 3 trees on the south western side of the altar. All that should need doing is grabbing the color data for the young trees there. Also a Red Sally DTM for dropping. After that, the fourth southern tree can be added.

Making and testing this script got me into the black chin levels so if that's what someone wants the levels for, this script gets it done fairly quick.
    I tried to add Red salamanders by changing the tree color and salaDTM's. The script recogizes the colors but still doesn't do anything and eventually logs out. Any idea?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uvlees View Post
    I tried to add Red salamanders by changing the tree color and salaDTM's. The script recogizes the colors but still doesn't do anything and eventually logs out. Any idea?
    Is there anything posted to the debug section? Can't find tree's etc..?

If not it's likely that you'll need to also update the trap colors. The setup open net and the closed up caught net. The environment alters the rendering colors slightly.

OSRS Color Scripts: Borland_Salamanders | Borland_Iron_Ores
    Utilities & Snippets: [Color] OSBuddy Item Looting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Is there anything posted to the debug section? Can't find tree's etc..?

If not it's likely that you'll need to also update the trap colors. The setup open net and the closed up caught net. The environment alters the rendering colors slightly.
    No I've entered the right tree colors. No succes, it still messed up.
    I also tried changing trap colors, but didnt succeed(since im not that experienced with that coding).
    Im still trying ,will report if I succeed

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

No I've entered the right tree colors. No succes, it still messed up.
    I also tried changing trap colors, but didnt succeed(since im not that experienced with that coding).
    Im still trying ,will report if I succeed
    Try adding the procedure below into the script, between the last function and the main loop will do fine. Then call the procedure right after GetTreesStatus; is called on line 853. This will debug everything the script knows about the traps. I'm sure it'll say Setup = True for each trap.

Simba Code:
    procedure DebugTraps;
    var
      i: Integer;
    begin
      for i := 0 to High(Tree) do
        Writeln(Tree[i]);
    end;

The script detects the traps (setup, caught, failed) not only with their color but also how much color there is. So that'll probably need tweaking too.

Pull functions you want to work on out of the script and into their own working area, here you can debug and change anything you need to, once the function is working as expected, put it back into the script.

OSRS Color Scripts: Borland_Salamanders | Borland_Iron_Ores
    Utilities & Snippets: [Color] OSBuddy Item Looting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Try adding the procedure below into the script, between the last function and the main loop will do fine. Then call the procedure right after GetTreesStatus; is called on line 853. This will debug everything the script knows about the traps. I'm sure it'll say Setup = True for each trap.

Simba Code:
    procedure DebugTraps;
    var
      i: Integer;
    begin
      for i := 0 to High(Tree) do
        Writeln(Tree[i]);
    end;

The script detects the traps (setup, caught, failed) not only with their color but also how much color there is. So that'll probably need tweaking too.

Pull functions you want to work on out of the script and into their own working area, here you can debug and change anything you need to, once the function is working as expected, put it back into the script.
    I'll try this , will report the results.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

I'll try this , will report the results.
    any success mate? following above conversation I am trying to code red salamanders as well, but its not easy :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    131 Post(s)

Is this still working for anyone?
    If all pork-chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot-dogs.

Thread Information