Thread: Jagex Bans AHK - Implications for Simba?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Default Jagex Bans AHK - Implications for Simba?

News Post: http://services.runescape.com/m=news...on?oldschool=1

Any thoughts on what implications this may have for Simba color bots?

From what I understood Jagex has always been able to detect when mouse / keyboard inputs are coming from an actual mouse vs. other mouse functions (like those used for Color bots), so it isn't that surprising that they can detect when mouse movements come from Windows mouse keys vs. the AHK scripts. However, now they're banning people for using AHK, which makes me wonder if Simba would get grouped in as an external program being used to fake mouse movements. So now instead of Jagex having to prove an account was being botted with Simba, they could ban just because an account was using some external program to fake mouse movements.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

imo, literally no difference.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Simba and AHK probably use the same winapi method for invoking mouse-clicks on windows. If they have started banning people who use AHK through detection of fake input then we would probably see a few bans around here too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

Honestly, they could have just as easily measured the time difference b/t clicks.

Windows mouse clicks can only jump once but people use AHK to jump in like every direction possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

i think this is just to clear the confusion of people saying it's okay as long as it's 1:1, certain pixel/relative distance etc. it was very messy and even then their announcement left a lot of holes about what is acceptable. basically this lets them say you were banned for being questionable without waves of people saying they thought 'x' was okay, they probably wont go and hunt for people powerfishing for an easy ban.

in terms of virtual clicking how do mousekeys work, VMs, touchscreen etc? i'm sure it is not feasible to detect without a change to their system, and if there is people will just go to greater lengths (colour clicking via a VM etc)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

Pretty sure they were just forced to draw an aggressive line on ahk because their lenient stance had too many people taking liberties and getting picked up by bot watch. I suspect you'll still be okay as long as you use it for one purpose, like dropping or banking. I intend to at least. While their detection probably did Simba recently I highly doubt they're detecting Simba
    Last edited by anoobis; 01-26-2017 at 08:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by capint View Post
    i think this is just to clear the confusion of people saying it's okay as long as it's 1:1, certain pixel/relative distance etc. it was very messy and even then their announcement left a lot of holes about what is acceptable. basically this lets them say you were banned for being questionable without waves of people saying they thought 'x' was okay, they probably wont go and hunt for people powerfishing for an easy ban.

in terms of virtual clicking how do mousekeys work, VMs, touchscreen etc? i'm sure it is not feasible to detect without a change to their system, and if there is people will just go to greater lengths (colour clicking via a VM etc)
    Exactly what I was thinking, doubt they can even tell a difference between AHK/MouseKeys when its something small like dropping/banking.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

If you bot using obvious methods, no matter what form you will be caught. This is no different.

Thread Information