Thread: Site dead?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default Site dead?

How are people supposed to get post count (300 for black market) without "grave digging" (getting banned due to "spamming") , everything is from 2016 ? :/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I'm going to break the rules and tell you what's in the black market:

nothing.
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Yeah I was excited to join the trade in the black market. I ended up getting SRL membership before I got my 300 post count though lol.

There isn't an abundance of activity there in all honesty, but I come here for the learning more than anything.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

slowly, w/o it was a primary goal.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Contributing something is a great way to get post count. A script, tool or anything helpful to someone. It also seems you've put a number on what you think is the correct length of time to get 300 post count, what is it?

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Borland View Post
    Contributing something is a great way to get post count. A script, tool or anything helpful to someone. It also seems you've put a number on what you think is the correct length of time to get 300 post count, what is it?
    That's basically what I was going to say. Haha well said. Contribute scripts & help, ask questions and answer wherever you can, or just share some neat news or ideas. You'll have plenty of posts just being part of the community, and if you think it's lacking in activity then do something about it.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

The black market is really quiet. Like a sale every other week or so. It's more of a small gesture to our members who've been around for a while, than an actual full-fledged market like Sythe. If you actually want to buy/sell stuff to make some real money, this is the wrong place :P

Too bad the rest of the site is relatively quiet, too.
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Is the SRL members section as big a let down as Jr. Members?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dissimulo View Post
    Is the SRL members section as big a let down as Jr. Members?
    Yes.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2739 Post(s)

I will say, the black market, you have a extremely low chance of getting scammed.

Trusted people with 300m+ on there, and same has been done to me

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Do something other than post.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

I must admit, when I first started scripting, I aspired to become an SRL member purely for access to the member scripts.

As I went along though, it became more about learning and development, and by the time I was there, I wanted to make my own scripts as opposed to using someone else's.

It is a fun skill to learn. It is a very rewarding feeling creating content that people use, appreciate and learn from.

Post count will come if you are an active member of the community. Realistically, Black Market access shouldn't be a goal based on the lack of activity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I just wouldn't rush it if I were you, it'll come over time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    40 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    I must admit, when I first started scripting, I aspired to become an SRL member purely for access to the member scripts.

As I went along though, it became more about learning and development, and by the time I was there, I wanted to make my own scripts as opposed to using someone else's.

It is a fun skill to learn. It is a very rewarding feeling creating content that people use, appreciate and learn from.

Post count will come if you are an active member of the community. Realistically, Black Market access shouldn't be a goal based on the lack of activity.
    This is completely off-topic but you just described me when I started scripting back in the ol' days, with one small difference, I didn't even like the game anymore after a couple of months.
    Hi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

This is too relevant. In your instance it's the black market, in my instance it's just sending a simple PM - either case, still need to gravedig to get the postcount up since the activity is so low at the moment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

So far I've posted a couple messages to ask questions, but seems to mainly raise my post count as so far people doesn't seem to be overly eager to answer to questions. Same with asking in irc :s If you're somewhat familiar you can probably help with learning basics of commands/syntax (and recommend commands that would fit better for their use) in first script area etc. that helps others to learn and you get legitimate posts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mellower View Post
    So far I've posted a couple messages to ask questions, but seems to mainly raise my post count as so far people doesn't seem to be overly eager to answer to questions. Same with asking in irc :s If you're somewhat familiar you can probably help with learning basics of commands/syntax (and recommend commands that would fit better for their use) in first script area etc. that helps others to learn and you get legitimate posts.
    I'll give a couple reasons.

This is a learning community firstmost, it's fine to ask questions but at the very least show what you have attempted to figure out yourself. If you're stumped then ask away but you can only hope for someone else's time, not expect it. Not everyone here does the same thing; for example I don't use smart or the declare players procedure so I couldn't - off the top of my head - answer those questions of yours. I could go check and give you the answer, but then you could have done that before asking.

Thread Information