Thread: Any new SRL scripting practices I should know about from the past 7 years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Default Any new SRL scripting practices I should know about from the past 7 years?

Hey, have't posted here in the past 6-7 years, so hello everyone! I'm interested in creating a simple script after all these years for nostalgia sake and progress my main on OSRS since I only just learned OSRS came out a few weeks ago (previously only played RuneScape 2, so all of my progress is now on its RS3 login). I'm just curious if anything has changed, all I plan on using is MMouse(X,Y), Mouse(X,Y, true), IsUpText('Attack'), FindColorsSpiralTolerance, and maybe TRSTabBackpack.clickDTM for eating food in my script, and that's pretty much it. Also, is any anti-random necessary in the game anymore?

I want it to be as undetectable as possible since it will be used on my main, so I'm curious if there's been any improvements to the mouse-movement algorithms in SRL over all these years, or if new functions/libraries have been adopted. I plan to use this on the Official OSRS Client using mouse-moving anti-ban incorporated to move the mouse off of the client regularly, like I do when I play. Am I wrong in thinking that using purely Scar/SRL is the safest way to lead Jagex to believe that the mouse is realer than a "fake" one created in Java? Sure would be nice to help grind out ~4 hours a day of training in afk, since I can't put in the time I want to with a full workload of Junior/Senior level Computer Science and Math classes in college.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Check out Aerolib here. It is the unofficial include for OSRS (color) as SRL5 is no longer supported.

If you are after reflection on OSRS then click here.

Aerolib has a lot of the mouse functions from SRL5 built in, as well as a few more realistic looking ones.

Is scripted using the Lape interpreter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is SRL really unsupported or depreciated now-a-days for OSRS? Even AeroLib hasn't been updated for a whole year from the looks of the thread it was published in; all I would use from it's "core functionality" is the mouse moving/clicking functions. Like I said, I want to keep this as simple and undetectable without the use of a modified client; can reflection be used without SMART?

Sorry for all of the questions, I just need to catch myself up on what's still updated regularly and what's depreciated, and just to discuss if Scar/SRL is still a viable tool for RuneScape (Old School now rather than RS2).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Aerolib is a partial fork of SRL-5, considering OSRS isn't updated as much it doesn't need a whole lot of updates. It works fine enough in my experience, especially for the basic stuff.
    Reflection needs SMART but Aerolib/Simba works just fine on official client.
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    32 Post(s)

Safest is definitely colour with OSBuddy or the official client. There's quite a lot of speculation about Jagex detecting the SMART client as well.

As for keeping your account unbanned, choose a decent name, level combat stats, do quests and try to act like a player maximizing efficiency. If I was an aspiring player mod watching the herb patches, I would be more inclined to report the players that have no gear as opposed to the players in full graceful/farmers and magic secateurs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Aerolib is a solid choice.

I made my first script in SRL5 not long ago and it seemed to work ok.

Reflection can't be used outside of smart afaik.

Welcome back

Thread Information