Thread: Is botting still alive?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Question Is botting still alive?

Hello all,

I have recently been hit with a wave of nostalgia and after a near 4-year hiatus, I logged back into my OSRS account. After legit playing for a couple of hours, I was wondering if botting is still a thing. In F2P it seems like there are plenty of gold-farmer suicide bots still. I am more interested in babysitting my main or side account for a couple hours a day while I do homework. From my research so far, it seems like Clients are detectable and instantly banned. I would think SMART would be one of the safest ways to bot.

Anyway, I just wanted to hear everyone's opinions on the safety of botting and also whether you think this game is worth coming back to. I recognize that there is always some risk and "never bot on an account you can't afford to lose".

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Botting is still a thing, but nowhere near to what is was previous to the bot nuke. With the release of EOC, and after that, Old School, you won't find as many people farming RS3. Also, their bot busting techniques seem to be quite impressive nowadays. We used to boast the lowest ban rate of all botting clients, and I think we still do, but bans have picked up conjecturally because most of the legit players have moved to the C++ client while a lot of bots have stayed on Java.

In both games, botting has become significantly harder. A lot of us have been banned on both, but if you truly just babysit and bot reasonable hours, you should be fine. Most of us just tempt fate and lose our accounts as a result.

I also am a big fan of both games, I think they're both worth playing legit.

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Ban rates seem to be fine if you use the official client, on OSRS anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yourule97 View Post
    I also am a big fan of both games, I think they're both worth playing legit.
    Thank you for the input, I quit RS so long ago that RS3 would be too much for me. I dove back into OSRS and have enjoyed walking around and doing some skills, the birthday event, and bankstanding

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    Ban rates seem to be fine if you use the official client, on OSRS anyways.
    Sorry to be a noob, but by "official client" you're referring to using OSRS client by Jagex and using Simba on top of that right? Before I quit OSRS, there was no Jagex client so I am easily confused

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sillyfrog View Post
    Sorry to be a noob, but by "official client" you're referring to using OSRS client by Jagex and using Simba on top of that right? Before I quit OSRS, there was no Jagex client so I am easily confused
    I'd guess so, i use the official client with my own private bot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Really? What is wrong with using a bot on say the osbuddy client?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lolzea View Post
    Really? What is wrong with using a bot on say the osbuddy client?
    I'd assume nothing since that's the only 3rd party client that you can use without risk of a false positive ban
    Last edited by Kasi; 02-18-2017 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

That's just what it sounded like one of the other posters had meant, that it was more risky.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Quoted
    72 Post(s)

Banrates are pretty high, even we got some bans. Not too many people are interested in RS3 either
    I made a new script, check it out!.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    I'd guess so, i use the official client with my own private bot.
    Part of my motivation for coming back is that I am taking an Intro to Java programming course at uni. I was thinking I could add a level on interest and try making my own scripts, even if they are simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Markus View Post
    Banrates are pretty high, even we got some bans. Not too many people are interested in RS3 either
    From what I have seen, 3rd party clients and public scripts are basically insta-ban. I guess not even Simba is safe? When the game first came out, I had full confidence in botting Simba smartly.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I doubt any of the popular clients are currently resulting in instabans.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

I don't know much other than what I have read in the last few days. People attribute the ban waves to client detection and claim that most new bot accounts are banned within the first day or two. So you believe that the popular clients are safer?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

from what i read.. villavu flys under the radar as scripts are not bought or sold.

I believe bans are based on reports primarily and my more recent assumption is that after many reports, the client may be detected for clarification. Though i never bot outside the client - so i cannot confirm. (2 day bans are all to common on matured accs - so maybe the client isn't)

Hell i even play in the client.. many have accounts with many 99's used through the client.. as we like to use our computers 24/7..

<------------------>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

do you guys use any antiban in yuor scripts?

Thread Information