Thread: Herro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Default Herro

Not posting much about myself, nearing 30 and living in EU .
    Mostly just saying hi.

Registered on the forums to check out how scripting works,and maybe doing some learning as well.
    However will be busy for a few months, so probably wont be on the forums too much before summer .

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Welcome! Enjoy your stay.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Super late reply, but as I said, back around summer time.
    And thank you for the welcome.

Probably no one actually cares, but going on a long holiday tomorrow, so will check back in some other time in the future.

However I actually had a question too, possibly it's better if I contact a forum mod/admin, but I wouldn't know who is the best to ask, and if it's worth a bother.

So I have read through the requirements for "ranking" up my account, and the Jr. Member is easy to achieve. However for the next rank, I understand why the requirements are what they are, but unfortunately I am not any kind of a coder, and even though I have an interest for it, it's going to be highly unlikely that I will ever actually do something, or something that works and is useful.

Anyhow, my question is - is there any chance in applying for a Regular Member rank, without fullfilling the show your own script part?
    For example by filling another "jobs". Like forum mod, just a nice friendly face to have around, or a script tester? (I have experience in both moderating and QA testing in a few big companies (freelance partly, but still experience). I am sure I can think of some other things to do as well, but not sure if it is possible to apply like this.

Also, even if it's possible, I would not expect an instant application, I still want to work my way up there, by being an active member and getting the Jr. rank first.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ryujin View Post
    Super late reply, but as I said, back around summer time.
    And thank you for the welcome.

Probably no one actually cares, but going on a long holiday tomorrow, so will check back in some other time in the future.

However I actually had a question too, possibly it's better if I contact a forum mod/admin, but I wouldn't know who is the best to ask, and if it's worth a bother.

So I have read through the requirements for "ranking" up my account, and the Jr. Member is easy to achieve. However for the next rank, I understand why the requirements are what they are, but unfortunately I am not any kind of a coder, and even though I have an interest for it, it's going to be highly unlikely that I will ever actually do something, or something that works and is useful.

Anyhow, my question is - is there any chance in applying for a Regular Member rank, without fullfilling the show your own script part?
    For example by filling another "jobs". Like forum mod, just a nice friendly face to have around, or a script tester? (I have experience in both moderating and QA testing in a few big companies (freelance partly, but still experience). I am sure I can think of some other things to do as well, but not sure if it is possible to apply like this.

Also, even if it's possible, I would not expect an instant application, I still want to work my way up there, by being an active member and getting the Jr. rank first.
    This is probably a question for an admin. But will say there are trophy's and badges for the things you are talking about. However, to obtain members rank, you must know how to code in Simba. If you are serious about advancing your fourm rank, I would highly suggest you start looking at the scripting tutorials.
    Last edited by Aspect; 06-19-2017 at 08:12 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

I remember reading something on the members forums about applying for membership based on your community involvement. If you are around for a long time helping people out, have consistent valued input on the forums and are an all round asset to the community, i think there are exceptions, but I would get an admin to confirm this.

The above would take a long time though, so you would just as easily learn how to script.

A lot of people who come here have little/no scripting history. I myself am one of those people. I knew how to script in Eventscripts, which is easier than HTML, but even then, I was terrible at it.

Spend some time reading the tutorials (see my signature for old school color tutorials) and you might just find a new passion

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Like I said, I reply slowly, been getting my RS and IRL ready in other ways haha .

But I will definitely stick around on forums one day, even if I don't plan/can't handle learning the scripting.

Thanks for the answers anyway.

Thread Information