Thread: First script questions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Default First script questions

Hi all,

I'm thinking about creating a script that would be able to buy team-capes from a merchant, world hop if empty and bank them.
    My question is if this could be done with Aerolib as a first time full script and what kind of code I would need.

I know basic python so that should help a bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    33 Post(s)

The script is possible and aerolib will assist greatly. I'd suggest looking through some of the public scripts that use aerolib to see how they utilize it in item finding and npc and banking functions as a guide. It sounds relatively straightforward after you familiarize yourself with the library.

Understanding how to use DTMs, RSWalker, and the TMSObject functions/TPAs/ATPAs will be a good start.
    Last edited by anoobis; 02-23-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Hey dude I'm sort of in the same boat as you, I'm going to be writing my first script soon too.

I was browsing about and I found this guide by Dan The Man, he explains everything from the ground up.

https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117071

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    341 Post(s)

AND MAYBE - not sure if is the same or.. but read this also https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117106

Instead of clicking a rock. you need to write code so it can interact with npc and then back to the ditch / edge / bank. rinse and repeat

I will give a draft of how i would do it - if i was a beginner

Write code that... #

1 - Interacts with npc to bring up shop dialogue
    2 - purchase items (checking you have gp + inv room)
    3 - world hop
    -- Now you have something that is starting to work. --
    4 - walk to ditch and interact
    5 - walk to bank and bank.
    6 - re-use 5 & 4 but in reverse to walk back Npc

Repeat 1 -6 nested in a loop. Start adding randomness and fail safes.
    Sit back and enjoy

I am mostly fluent in reflection. As i havent used aerolib in a longtime and my memory is horrendous in my older age. But myself or more experience Aerolib experts will always help you!

But don't just post - Help! how do i do this or that.

Post the code you have and express where you are stuck.. people will generally help you more.. especially if they can see you have been making an attempt. Rather than asking a question at every turn.

There is also a search button. Ditch your best friend. Because this button is your new best friend. Almost every beginners question has been asked and answered before

<------------------>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

Thanks for all the info guys, I'll use the tips and call for help when i'm hardstuck.

Thread Information