Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Thumbs down triggered [anti-cheating system]

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Lol interesting how much information they give out. Thanks for the share
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    12 Post(s)

How could they see the difference between a bot that's typing the login or a human?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Wouldn't surprise me if they actually did collect data as a player logs in, and assess it. A lot of login procedures I have seen have little variation to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7 Post(s)

Copy pasting the information here in case they decide to delete the comment or modify it

What's the display name?

Update: Thank you for providing me with your name - I've now had an opportunity to review your account.

The account was flagged by our anti-cheating system and as it was analysing the various data available, the account was flagged again and a second, separate anti-cheating investigation was triggered. This is rare, and only usually happens if players use bots which have the ability to log accounts in without needing human input.

As a result of both of these investigations, the account was issued with two serious offences relating to cheating, and in this case temporarily restricted access to the account. I've made some change on the back end so the account can now be accessed via the website. The anti-cheating team regularly run a report which provides them a list of accounts which are in similar states, allowing them to go through and grant access back to them individually. A long term fix to prevent these kinds of situations happening is ongoing.

Ultimately, if you choose to cheat so blatantly then it should come as no surprise if your account is completely inaccessible, and I'm pretty sure you had an idea of what may have caused this...

The macro offence you'll now be able to view within your account history is 100% correct, and the temporary ban as a result has since expired. Naturally, any hint of rule breaking on that account going forward will result in a permanent ban being applied.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

I've had that (what the guy was originally talking about) occur twice.

First account they fixed it ~a year or two ago, second account they ignored the email ~couple months ago.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    I've had that (what the guy was originally talking about) occur twice.

First account they fixed it ~a year or two ago, second account they ignored the email ~couple months ago.
    Make a Redit post and see if you can get it back?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    114 Post(s)

The account was flagged by our anti-cheating system and as it was analysing the various data available, the account was flagged again and a second, separate anti-cheating investigation was triggered. This is rare, and only usually happens if players use bots which have the ability to log accounts in without needing human input.
    It sounds like the first bot detection actually detects the behaviors - whether it be mouse movements or click boxes. The second separate system looks at alterations in the client? I guess when he says the bot is able to log back in, it means those bots that inject into the client and are able to read the user/pass to resign in (like tribot)

just my guess.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dan the man View Post
    Make a Redit post and see if you can get it back?
    meh, I'd likely get the acc back (temp instead of perm) but cba.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Did he get his account back? My interpretation of the thread was that he was able to log in to see his offence but not play the game?

Thread Information