Thread: Working scripts or minimum test cases for Simba, SRL, and supporting plugins.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Default Working scripts or minimum test cases for Simba, SRL, and supporting plugins.

When porting Simba or checking whether current ports still work it is necessary to have something to run as a test. I'd like to know if anything is known to work or if there are a set of tests that can be run for some of the major plugins and includes.

I tried running some scripts myself. They all seem to be broken to the extent that I should ask for more information before potentially wasting more time.

Here is what I aim to do:
    1. Run SMART on Linux.
    2. Get OpenGL plugins working on Linux.
    3. Get the previous working on ARM/ARM64 if possible, though this may postponed due to requiring major changes in SRL.
    4. Modify and add features to Lape per outstanding issues on the tracker, notably the addition of properties.

If it's not immediately obvious this is essentially "everything." It's not really necessary that the tests I run be RS-related but if I have to create all of the tests myself they're bound to be lacking. Also, what would be the point? I considered posting this in one of the public forums to see if it attracted any more general attention.
    Last edited by R0b0t1; 03-05-2017 at 02:21 AM.
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R0b0t1 View Post
    Here is what I aim to do:
    1. Run SMART on Linux.
    2. Get OpenGL plugins working on Linux.

These two already work on Windows, Linux and OSX.

libGL.so, libGL.dylib, OpenGL32.dll.
    Smart.Jar, libsmartremote.so, libsmartremote.dylib, libsmartremote.dll.

Never tested ARM but I'm sure it'll work.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    These two already work on Windows, Linux and OSX.

libGL.so, libGL.dylib, OpenGL32.dll.
    Smart.Jar, libsmartremote.so, libsmartremote.dylib, libsmartremote.dll.

Never tested ARM but I'm sure it'll work.
    But if it doesnt work for R0b0t, it doesnt work at all.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Smart-ARM: SmartMaster.tar.gz

I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

What FPS are you getting on RS3 on that Raspberry PI? @Brandon;
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    But if it doesnt work for R0b0t, it doesnt work at all.
    It was also not working for KeepBotting. Regardless if the only response I can receive when trying to get it to work is "it works" then I still have to do all of those things I listed.

If this is the case then there's something that's not documented properly, as building SMART myself on Debian Jessie led to breakage somewhere in SMART and the OGL libraries. Maybe I just have to compile everything and it will work because something was compiled with a newer or older libc, who knows.

My first assumption was that it would simply work, but it didn't and here we are. My real interest is compiling it myself which may have to wait a few days but based on what I've done previously I expect more problems.

Also, based on what I've read, I can't run a script of any kind under Linux, so does it actually work? No.
    Last edited by R0b0t1; 03-06-2017 at 02:10 AM.
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Quoted
    826 Post(s)

Also, based on what I've read, I can't run a script of any kind under Linux, so does it actually work? No.
    Hey @Olly;, that script you ran for minecraft on my Linux VM, that worked, right?

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Turpinator View Post
    Hey @Olly;, that script you ran for minecraft on my Linux VM, that worked, right?
    Also have run RS scripts too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Am I going to receive any help?
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Am I going to receive any help?
    Not sure what is happening but as of late, RS3 itself won't run on RPi-3.. I keep getting a Stackoverflow (Not in SMART, but in every RS3 itself..).

Java Code:
    ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 ach.fg:2250 | java.lang.StackOverflowError |  0,0,0,0 0,0,0 0 0 2 800,600 1 2 1 1 0 0 194 17 0 9L8JOkTCjlAfxgwgLGmHvTp7SlMHPl8r
    java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:209)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:141)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:246)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:286)
        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:345)
        at sun.net.[url]www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:704)[/url]
        at sun.net.[url]www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:647)[/url]
        at sun.net.[url]www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:675)[/url]
        at sun.net.[url]www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream0(HttpURLConnection.java:1536)[/url]
        at sun.net.[url]www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1441)[/url]
        at java.net.URL.openStream(URL.java:1038)
        at fc.l(fb.java:62)
        at ry.run(ry.java:512)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    error_game_crash

However, OSRS still runs fine in both SMART and any loader. What exactly did you need help with? Simba or SMART?
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

However, OSRS still runs fine in both SMART and any loader. What exactly did you need help with? Simba or SMART?
    Simba and SMART and the most commonly used plugins. Unfortunately it's spread over a few threads now, as each thread I opened seemed like an isolated and separate issue. Really though they're all under the general topic of getting Simba to work.

On Windows: Are there any scripts that still compile, and what breaking changes were made to plugins?
    On Linux: Where are instructions for getting a working Simba that can run SMART and compile a script for either RS3 or OSRS? I was shown pictures of Simba working with SMART, but the instructions available don't give all of the steps and as such I'm left with something that doesn't work due to some choice I made or something I haven't changed.
    Both: Are there build instructions for every component that would be used in a script, namely plugins? Where is the source code for the plugins in the SRL-Plugins repository? Can everything be updated to FPC 3.0.0?

The post which most likely can be followed up on is this one, with this one asking about changes to plugins and having received no replies.

I was given the suggestion to use Windows but although things get further along I'm still unable to run something, per the second thread above.

I'm approaching this from the "is Simba still working" stance and there is every indication that no, it is not viable, but people who frequent this forum seem to have working installations that were produced with older components that work together or by tweaking what instructions are available until it works. I've tried both and made some progress but now I've run into things which seem unfixable without quite a bit of effort.
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

Simba and SMART and the most commonly used plugins. Unfortunately it's spread over a few threads now, as each thread I opened seemed like an isolated and separate issue. Really though they're all under the general topic of getting Simba to work.

On Windows: Are there any scripts that still compile, and what breaking changes were made to plugins?
    On Linux: Where are instructions for getting a working Simba that can run SMART and compile a script for either RS3 or OSRS? I was shown pictures of Simba working with SMART, but the instructions available don't give all of the steps and as such I'm left with something that doesn't work due to some choice I made or something I haven't changed.
    Both: Are there build instructions for every component that would be used in a script, namely plugins? Where is the source code for the plugins in the SRL-Plugins repository? Can everything be updated to FPC 3.0.0?

The post which most likely can be followed up on is this one, with this one asking about changes to plugins and having received no replies.

I was given the suggestion to use Windows but although things get further along I'm still unable to run something, per the second thread above.

I'm approaching this from the "is Simba still working" stance and there is every indication that no, it is not viable, but people who frequent this forum seem to have working installations that were produced with older components that work together or by tweaking what instructions are available until it works. I've tried both and made some progress but now I've run into things which seem unfixable without quite a bit of effort.

Looks like you are trying to run OSRS. The graphics file is: https://github.com/SRL/SRL-OSR/blob/...Graphics.simba
    If you are using the one Flight built, that's based off of the one I made for an old OpenGL HOOK include: https://github.com/Brandon-T/SRL-GLX...Graphics.Simba

It was an attempt at making SMART and Simba's drawing functions Object-Oriented. Not sure if it made it into SRL or not. Neither of them require any plugins. They're just includes that wrap Simba and SMART's bitmap/image functions.

SMART's plugin hasn't been updated in a long time. There's no breaking changes since the very first release of RS3 years ago. The OpenGL colour plugins will work and hasn't been updated since the creation of them: https://github.com/Brandon-T/GLX-Colour 4 years ago.

I did end up making it multi-threaded last year but I never released it and I'm not sure where I put the code for it.

As for the Direct-X plugin, same things goes: https://github.com/Brandon-T/DXI it won't be broken any time soon and it still works. It has been updated 3 years ago. Then I got bored and ported it to Pascal: https://github.com/Brandon-T/Pascal-DX to make it easier for the users of this community to compile and understand and hopefully learn from it.

That's about it. So none of the plugins I mentioned: SMART, OpenGL32, DirectX has been changed since 3 - 4 years ago (SMART got minor modifications to include OSX: https://github.com/BenLand100/SMART/...artJNI.cpp#L41 and changes to its makefile to make it easier to compile, but none of the changes affect anyone or break any scripts as the plugin is the exact same and the API & ABI is the same as well).

If scripts are broken, they are either broken because the include changed OR because Simba itself has changes (Not sure on this one).
    Last edited by Brandon; 03-12-2017 at 12:08 AM.
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Thread Information