Thread: Logged in got instabanned right before my very eyes on n00B account

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Exclamation Logged in got instabanned right before my very eyes on n00B account

So I've been doing my thing botting and testing a script, but this was YESTERDAY. Then I log in, pick a world, then I press log in and the neat little wheel starts spinning. In my head I'm thinking sweet! Another day of script testing and botting! Then I'm met with the darndest screen I ever did see. I'll spill the marbles and say that the script I've been developing was an AIO Barbarian Village Fisher and I was days away from having a nearly flawless script. It ran well and I think I'll post it in the development section if anyone wants to see it. I'm going to halt my efforts on this one, though. Here is a screenshot of what happened only moments into a sick RS sesh:

http://imgur.com/a/CvDqk

Anyone else witness their ban happen?

RIP ____ ______ you were a good test account! JaGeX took you away too soon! You had so many fun things left to do!

EDIT: Was listening to Lil Uzi Vert - Push Me To The Edge when it happened and this made the whole ordeal pretty emotional

All my bots are dead.
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Delayed ban. Usually that means you were caught yesterday.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Most bans happen this way afaik. I don't really know why though.
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    Most bans happen this way afaik. I don't really know why though.
    The theory is that it's done so script writers (or cheaters in general) can't tell exactly what gets them banned. If you were banned the moment you were determined to have been cheating, you might start to notice a pattern. Delayed bans prevent you ever knowing what triggered them.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Had a similar thing happen to me.

Spent a great deal of time developing a script on one account. Ran it for days on another account once it was finished with no ban.

Logged in later with the account that was used to develop the script. Not banned YET. Logged out, cashed in a game card, logged back in. BANNED. Permanent ban no appeal for 1st offense. The odd part: Not banned for botting. Banned for using third party client.
    Never ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly".

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby Sayz View Post
    The odd part: Not banned for botting. Banned for using third party client.
    You sure? Screenshot the offense under account status.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

I think if it was a temp ban, it will actually ban you after you log in to make a point, rather than just banning you, as you might not log into Runescape during the ban time, meaning you might not realize you were banned.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

R.I.P you nothing more to say

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bixby Sayz View Post
    Had a similar thing happen to me.

Spent a great deal of time developing a script on one account. Ran it for days on another account once it was finished with no ban.

Logged in later with the account that was used to develop the script. Not banned YET. Logged out, cashed in a game card, logged back in. BANNED. Permanent ban no appeal for 1st offense. The odd part: Not banned for botting. Banned for using third party client.
    Quote Originally Posted by acow View Post
    You sure? Screenshot the offense under account status.
    He's right it actually does say that. It says you were caught using third party software. The ban says "Macro Major (Unappealable) but it says under proof that I was banned for using third party client and software. This makes me wonder whether or not targetting the official client is the new wave.
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    He's right it actually does say that. It says you were caught using third party software. The ban says "Macro Major (Unappealable) but it says under proof that I was banned for using third party client and software. This makes me wonder whether or not targetting the official client is the new wave.
    lol.
    That's the copypaste given to almost all macroing bans, target the official client and bot till permed.. you'll get the same default text. There's a reason I highlighted in red what I was responding to.

Thread Information