Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SMART (may) have caused my ban

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by !_1337_! View Post
    SMART *IS* Detected. Main got perm'd. Received info from a source i don't want to disclose.
    Indeed it is, however I can promise you it's not the direct determining factor in flagging accounts. I've had numerous accounts banned through the official client because of simple, illogical mistakes within the script, where SMART-based accounts are still running strong. Other times it's the other way around.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Indeed it is, however I can promise you it's not the direct determining factor in flagging accounts.
    How do you explain my experience of playing on an account with SMART and receiving many random events? When I played in the client no such thing happened.
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1442 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by R0b0t1 View Post
    How do you explain my experience of playing on an account with SMART and receiving many random events? When I played in the client no such thing happened.
    Unless those accounts were banned, the number of random events wouldn't mean a thing. You're trying to link an increase in the occurrence of random events to having a bot-flagged account; why? Further more it may be a significant number to you but normal to anyone else. So unless you're actually banned on one or more of those accounts that you play on using SMART, and really have never botted on them, then that's good evidence of the client being a direct link to flagged accounts.

Current projects:
    [ AeroGuardians (GotR minigame), Motherlode Miner, Blast furnace ]

"I won't fall in your gravity. Open your eyes,
    you're the Earth and I'm the sky..."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    98 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    You're trying to link an increase in the occurrence of random events to having a bot-flagged account; why?
    Random event occurrence used to be linked to the likelihood of an account being banned, and the number of random events would increase if an account was flagged. I'm fairly certain there are statements from Jagex (or at least player moderators) that linked random event probability to account flagging.

I don't have the time to check myself, but there are reports of people being banned on unofficial clients that only played legitimately. It doesn't seem like they would be lying as they set out to be banned in this way to prove a point. Random event occurrence and its relation to account flagging used to be common knowledge; it makes sense, and if it is true people would have noticed it.
    Last edited by R0b0t1; 03-06-2018 at 03:11 AM.
    The jealous temper of mankind, ever more disposed to censure than
    to praise the work of others, has constantly made the pursuit of new
    methods and systems no less perilous than the search after unknown
    lands and seas.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    149 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tristen8878 View Post
    I've been botting heavily for months now but I always used the offical runescape client and never had any problems. But for about a week I started using smart while using the same script and botting about the same amount of times which was about 6 hours a day average. I received a 48 hour ban for using 3rd party software after about a week of using smart. Now am not saying smart was 100% the cause of my ban but it did make me think maybe it could of contributed towards the evidence they needed to disable my account. I was just woundering if anyone has had any similar experiences as it would be interesting to know as I have done some research on whether smart is detectable and there has been mixed views on it but from my reasearch on 5 years of botting on the same account am quite confident that smart is currently delectable.
    I don't think SMART was the cause. I think the cause was that you botted heavily. First time I was banned I was using SMART. From that day on, I started using the official client. Was permanently banned aftre a few months.
    ''If you want something you've never had, you have to do something you've never done''

total leve 2715/1b exp +... exterminated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    31 Post(s)

The debate seems to be always focused on the official client and SMART, but what about 3rd party clients with Simba scripts? e.g. Using Konduit or OSBuddy and a script without SMART. Would that be any different? Obviously this is all speculation but I'm curious what you guys think. Especially since if someone normally uses OSBuddy or Konduit to play manually, and switches to the official client to bot, that may look more suspicious than always using these 3rd party software options.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

I use smart without using simba for anything more then just loading smart and have had no ill effects. i'm pretty agressive with the macros too. i've been around this macro since like '02 and have characters i've continuously macroed on then, and there still around with no black marks. if you ask me its a combo of things along with captured gameplay replayed to game officers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    15 Post(s)

i have had 2 recent bans using smart, but it has been level 3s with no other progress then the script skill i was running , and i think that is part of their advanced detection, aside from those 2 lvl 3 accounts i have an 11 year old account or more with bunch of high lvls (99 fishing and cooking) plus some random quests and stuff done and i have had ZERO issues.

i think this attributes to them NOT detecting because you may look more legit, if you are running brand new account with a certain skill bumping up to above 50 in a week that looks suspicious.

the LAST POST before me sums it up, i think he has the winning idea.
    Last edited by rockysnow9; 04-18-2018 at 01:23 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    37 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rockysnow9 View Post
    i have had 2 recent bans using smart, but it has been level 3s with no other progress then the script skill i was running , and i think that is part of their advanced detection, aside from those 2 lvl 3 accounts i have an 11 year old account or more with bunch of high lvls (99 fishing and cooking) plus some random quests and stuff done and i have had ZERO issues.

i think this attributes to them NOT detecting because you may look more legit, if you are running brand new account with a certain skill bumping up to above 50 in a week that looks suspicious.

the LAST POST before me sums it up, i think he has the winning idea.
    i doubt this, as many have said it depends on the quality of the script, ive made a few fresh accounts for a farm im working on, all of them now are over 108 crafting, all other stats 1

fresh, running 14 hours a day. ive yet to see jagex do anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Been using SMART for years, received an unrelated 2-day ban... kept botting for months after and haven't been banned again thus far

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information