Thread: What are some of the longest scripts you've ran?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Default What are some of the longest scripts you've ran?

Just curious how long someone has been able to run a script. I don't have a screenshot anymore, but i'd say mine was back in the day when Idung or whatever was a thing. I botted it in 100 hour chunks. Another one I've done was with a custom script I made here that ran nature runes for 30 hours. I may or may not have forgotten to shut down the script on that one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guitarafro View Post
    Just curious how long someone has been able to run a script. I don't have a screenshot anymore, but i'd say mine was back in the day when Idung or whatever was a thing. I botted it in 100 hour chunks. Another one I've done was with a custom script I made here that ran nature runes for 30 hours. I may or may not have forgotten to shut down the script on that one.
    ive seen atleast monthlong proggies iirc. cant remember where tho... but had built in breaks and what not...
    >:)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quoted
    505 Post(s)

This is from 2011. You can see the text for the system update that caused the script to stop.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

Rsbuddy Soulwars script, 3 weeks straight, it had been record. Generaly speaking, scripts then were unbreakable unless update occured.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Mort myre fungus script, custom made on RSbot. It ran on several accounts for weeks, with build-in breaks.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    166 Post(s)

It's gotta be Asha's run. 1 month no breaks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    71 Post(s)

Is Ashaman's ApeAtoll able to be downloaded from anywhere? I'd love to read through that script. @Laquisha;
    Feel free to ask me any questions, I will do my best to answer them!

Previously known as YouPee.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joopi View Post
    Is Ashaman's ApeAtoll able to be downloaded from anywhere? I'd love to read through that script. @Laquisha;
    https://villavu.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89906

e: It might be confusing try to get the source from that thread, here ya go https://paste.villavu.com/show/OTigQ...Z6XRY6VPYQQUf/

btw he did some overrides in order to get that long proggy, dont believe those ones are in there. iirc It's mostly just cutting out srl failsafes that stop the script when an update occurs.
    Last edited by acow; 04-24-2017 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quoted
    624 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by guitarafro View Post
    well, back in the day I had many accounts that rotated on the same script every few hours.. I think I had a few month long reports

edit

to add to that:

Back in the day the old scripts ran multiple accounts and rotated them and when one messed up the old stats enabled you to "re-add" the account to active duty after you fixed it from a random or whatever.. and thus continue
    I had wizzups essence miner with 30 something accounts and going for a few months
    Last edited by grats; 06-11-2017 at 04:58 PM.
    The only true authority stems from knowledge, not from position.

You can contact me via matrix protocol: @grats:grats.win or you can email me at the same domain, any user/email address.

Thread Information