Thread: "Srl" chat "isnt actually for srl or botting" and nobody cares about botting here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

Default "Srl" chat "isnt actually for srl or botting" and nobody cares about botting here

Hello guys Im now permanently banned from srl, I literally just asked to be banned because it made me so mad. DONT go into srl chat looking for help, all you will find is memes and people talking shit constantly, suggesting you go to other botting sites. (these were literally the mods in the chat), I was told the chat is not meant for botting, no one actually cares about botting, and "where does it say join this chat for help". Please fucking rename the chat to something other than SRL if your mods are going to claim its not for SRL.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    220 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Lol, the IRC is mainly old timers who no longer play but still want to keep in touch with the friends they made. They don't want new timers to see them acting cute is all. It's good if you need help from a specific person and you know they're active on there. Otherwise I suggest making a forum post.

So, what'd you need help with?

OSRS Color Scripts: Borland_Salamanders | Borland_Iron_Ores
    Utilities & Snippets: [Color] OSBuddy Item Looting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)

I need a function or procedure that searches for a color within a box (points)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SimbaOp View Post
    I need a function or procedure that searches for a color within a box (points)
    http://docs.villavu.com/simba/scriptref/color.html

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    51 Post(s)

Simba Code:
    //Box search area
    function SimbaOpColorFinding(Color: Integer; SearchArea: TBox): TPointArray;
    begin
      FindColors(Result, Color, SearchArea.X1,SearchArea.Y1,SearchArea.X2,SearchArea.Y2);
    end;

//Points search area
    function SimbaOpColorFinding(Color: Integer; SearchArea: TPointArray): TPointArray;
    var
      SearchBox: TBox;
    begin
      SearchBox := GetTPABounds(SearchArea);
      FindColors(Result, Color, SearchBox.X1,SearchBox.Y1,SearchBox.X2,SearchBox.Y2);
    end;

If you're using an include you might want to make use of functions already built in to it. If you need this for OSRS then use AeroLib. Here's a great guide that'll get you started with the basics, including color finding.

OSRS Color Scripts: Borland_Salamanders | Borland_Iron_Ores
    Utilities & Snippets: [Color] OSBuddy Item Looting

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    60 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Borland View Post
    They don't want new timers to see them acting cute is all.
    We are very cute.

Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1068 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by i luffs yeww View Post
    We are very cute.
    The cutest... whippersnappers these days.

E: more accurately, if you want help from IRC, you must feed the POSIX developers a snack of kernels or RAM dust.
    Last edited by anonymity; 05-04-2017 at 07:00 AM.
    On vacation in NeverLand,
    Code:
    typedef int bool;
    enum { false, true };

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Quoted
    596 Post(s)

The very early / newcomer questions are rarely something you get help with at our IRC chat, generally stuff that is already covered on the forums is pretty much ignored, as it has already been answered. For the most of it it's more general help (concepts and such), or the more advanced stuff. Highly include specific stuff is not something you should expect getting help with, unless you know the developer of that include is active in that channel. Tho when asking for help in the IRC chat, then patience is key, we all live in different places on earth, which means different time zones, which further means we are on at different times.

Like your question is the most fundamental of them all.
    Q: "I need a function or procedure that searches for a color within a box (points)"
    > function FindColorsTolerance(out pts: TPointArray; color, x1, y1, x2, y2, tolerance: Integer): Boolean;
    That functions does exactly that, you just pass the coordinates stored in the box you have.

So using it would look something like this:
    > FindColorsTolerance(ResultTPA, myColor, Box.x1, Box.y1, Box.x2, Box.Y2, myTolerance);

If you have an array of points, and NOT a box, then you have to first create a box, for example by computing the area that your TPA covers:
    > Box := GetTPABounds(myTPA);
    Last edited by slacky; 05-04-2017 at 11:40 AM.
    !No priv. messages please

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    519 Post(s)

I do agree with you. Getting help from IRC is quite difficult, but I admit I have gotten help on a few problems (usually from the same small number of people). Also Olly is in the IRC so I've decided to avoid it forever. I think it's a little misleading having things that say: "Need help? Go on IRC", you will usually be trolled for a good 15 minutes or so, then likely ignored- but there is the off chance that somebody will help you! Just keep spamming the same thing over and over and you're bound to get some sort of response.

EDIT: And if you need proof, go on IRC and ask a runescape related question... If your question doesn't get dissolved in the multitude of people complaining about their everyday tumble through mediocrity, you will probably get told nobody cares about botting or runescape, as was already mentioned in OP.
    IRC is the mySpace of SRL where the "old timers" keep in touch with each other
    You have permission to steal anything I've ever made...

Mentioned
    296 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1094 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    Also Olly is in the IRC so I've decided to avoid it forever.
    I ignored you for good reasons and that made you that angry enough that you're going to avoid IRC forever?
    Last edited by Olly; 05-04-2017 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    368 Post(s)

Lol a lot of butt hurt in this thread.

If you have a question, post it on the forums.

I have found the IRC more chitchat than helpful personally. It is sort of best practice to either:
    - Google the issue
    - Search the forums
    - Read the huge amount of tutorials that exist in the beginner section
    - Post your question on the forums with as much detail as you can muster for the fastest response
    - PM an active SRL member and ask them the question

I do agree that people who have been doing this for a long time might have forgotten what it was actually like to learn programming for the first time, and how daunting it can be, so asking your questions on the forums is always recommended. It isn't always easy to find something when you don't know what your looking for

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Clan View Post
    ... Also Olly is in the IRC so I've decided to avoid it forever ... Just keep spamming the same thing over and over and you're bound to get some sort of response ... multitude of people complaining about their everyday tumble through mediocrity
    You must be fun at parties.

@OP the reason I linked you to the docs, both here and on Discord, is because you will often find an answer quicker by looking yourself than having to ask and wait. Not to mention you'll learn more that way. Simba has decent documentation, certainly it's obvious your question is Color related, so the Color sections of the docs would have been a perfect place to start. I also linked you to several tutorials on Discord that are excellent reference material if you need.

I think I've said it before on these forums but; one thing an old boss said that always stuck with me is a programmer can never know every single answer, there's just too much. What defines a good programmer isn't only what they know, but how quickly & efficiently they can find the answers to what they do not.

When http://docs.villavu.com/simba/scriptref/ fails you, check for a different source such as a tutorial or someone else asking the same question using the forum's search function. If you still have no luck, then maybe it is time to post a thread or come to Discord for help. Waiting until that point to do it not only helps us from being flooded by repetitive questions, but also gets you answers faster and teaches you more.

Ideally, you will get yourself to the point where you can just debug what is going wrong, and fix it yourself. And that will almost always be your fastest option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

I'm glad it's not only me being banned for no reason!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quoted
    588 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOwl View Post
    I'm glad it's not only me being banned for no reason!
    Looks like OP didnt like the discord either http://i.imgur.com/q4yro79.png

You can be his replacement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    18 Post(s)

Looks like OP didnt like the discord either http://i.imgur.com/q4yro79.png

You can be his replacement.
    Oh, very passive, love it! You Americans are learning quickly, I must say. Us brits have got to be on our toes now! Soon you'll be making Sarcastic comments levelling only that of the whit and precision of Pubescent English teenaged girls
    Last edited by Fidget; 05-16-2017 at 01:45 AM.

Thread Information