Thread: Interesting effects when manipulating player position in OSRS.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    96 Post(s)

Default Interesting effects when manipulating player position in OSRS.

Just playing around with some memory editing, (of course I know it's all server Sided) But found player position, and found some neat effects it might have when you play with the values.
    What was interesting however, is that the NPC came to my fake position, rather than my real one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Very interesting indeed, I would like to see more of this. I might know a little something with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

Could definetly have troll potential, moving npc's to spots they wouldnt go to otherwise.
    Beep Bop

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 0blivian View Post
    Could definetly have troll potential, moving npc's to spots they wouldnt go to otherwise.
    This is client sided only. Only really trolling yourself.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1869 Post(s)

Memory editing is only (mildly) effective on some private servers, this is interesting to play with but it has no real application to the game.
    GitLab projects | Simba 1.4 | Find me on IRC or Discord | ScapeRune scripts | Come play bot ScapeRune!

<BenLand100> we're just in the transitional phase where society reclassifies guns as Badâ„¢ before everyone gets laser pistols

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bg5 View Post
    I guess you need someone to cooperate to watch it from outside.
    But actually, can you climb mountains, which normally you can't ?
    I tried this sometime last year. It's client sided only.

More importantly, the clear benefit from this is that you have the local map position. You can actually get an 100% accurate local map position from these coords coupled with also grabbing the map from memory.

It's actually a better and more accurate alternative to SPS.

Climbing the mountains is just a visual bug.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quoted
    152 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kasi View Post
    I tried this sometime last year. It's client sided only.

More importantly, the clear benefit from this is that you have the local map position. You can actually get an 100% accurate local map position from these coords coupled with also grabbing the map from memory.

It's actually a better and more accurate alternative to SPS.

Climbing the mountains is just a visual bug.
    Probably you are right.
    I have been looking for character position some years ago, but by reading packets, not memory. And I found out that X,Y position in those packets were local, relative to the big squares on the map.

I just found out, that you don't need anyone from outside watching it, to test you need just to go to the building, close the door and do "teleport". If everything is server sided, then you would be "teleported" back in few seconds.

But there is another potential benefit of this - who knows if game checks your position on the map when starting an interface - e.x. talking with NPC ? Maybe you could teleport in your client for that two seconds before server teleports you back and start talking with NPC you couldn't normally reach?

Mentioned
    71 Post(s)
    Quoted
    580 Post(s)

@bg5;

It is possible to get global position from packet data. You have to grab the packets after they are decrypted though which means you have to grab them using reflection (unless you can somehow decrypt the packets without the use of reflection). Which makes it pointless cause you can just grab the actual position using reflection.

Thread Information