Thread: Efficient to bot using VMs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Question Efficient to bot using VMs?

So i wanna be able to bot on multiple accounts, but using the OSBuddy client and not using SMART. Right now i have installed 4 different windows 10 in VMware which works pretty well BUT it uses a lot of computing power.. My PC is good but kind of old.. Specs:

CPU: i7 950 @4.8 Ghz
    GPU: GTX 760
    RAM: 16 GB @2000 Mhz

I was wondering if there is a more efficient way to do this? Maybe install a linux based VM and run simba from that? Or how do you guys do it? Thanks!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    81 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by psrkallez06 View Post
    So i wanna be able to bot on multiple accounts, but using the OSBuddy client and not using SMART. Right now i have installed 4 different windows 10 in VMware which works pretty well BUT it uses a lot of computing power.. My PC is good but kind of old.. Specs:

CPU: i7 950 @4.8 Ghz
    GPU: GTX 760
    RAM: 16 GB @2000 Mhz

I was wondering if there is a more efficient way to do this? Maybe install a linux based VM and run simba from that? Or how do you guys do it? Thanks!!
    What resource allocations are you making for each virtual machine? Why do you insist on using windows 10?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quoted
    328 Post(s)

VMs virtualize your hardware as well. So, your specs aren't exactly relevant. That's not the hardware your VM will be able to use.

Botting in a VM is not a great time. I'd recommend any alternative personally.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Suburbia View Post
    What resource allocations are you making for each virtual machine? Why do you insist on using windows 10?
    THat's why I'm asking for tips, Windows 10 seems to be the easiest (for me) to setup and start using simba. If you can recommend another oprating system please do tell.

Also I'm allocating 2 GB ram to each VM, and my full CPU with all 4 cores.

Quote Originally Posted by the bank View Post
    VMs virtualize your hardware as well. So, your specs aren't exactly relevant. That's not the hardware your VM will be able to use.

Botting in a VM is not a great time. I'd recommend any alternative personally.
    I see. But yeah I'm looking for any alternative. The problem is that VMs is the only thing i can think of if i wanna skip using SMART..
    Last edited by psrkallez06; 05-16-2017 at 06:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Btw.. Does simba/OSRS work with windows XP? If it does it would be much better to use XP than windows 10.

Mentioned
    396 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1598 Post(s)

With Intel CPUs, you can enable VT-d in the BIOS and it will allow VMWare direct access to your hardware for very good performance. So.. do that first..
    I am Ggzz..
    Hackintosher

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    22 Post(s)

You could use XP64 bit, it would use less ram. You could also create 4 different users, and remote desktop theme, it needs little work but its doable, however they would need to be visible on your desktop all the time for it to work, you cant minimize them, so thats rather for botting only pc.

So using this CPU, 4 accounts with ossbudy (it uses more resources) sounds about right, probably one more with official client, and about 7 with smart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    With Intel CPUs, you can enable VT-d in the BIOS and it will allow VMWare direct access to your hardware for very good performance. So.. do that first..
    I didn't know that! Thank you i will try that and report back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

Update: Just to be sure. 98d1441a9c270d3443d2bef4930c4d30.png

Is that the correct option? (the second one). Thanks.

Thread Information